ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Avoid These Travel Mistakes
Total Articles: 468
The last thing you want to experience is a common, avoidable travel mistake on a trip that started off great via a careful review of cheap travel deals, including cheap airplane tickets, discount hotel rooms, cheap auto rentals, discount travel packages, and cheap vacation packages.
The following are common travel mistakes that you need not suffer, according to CNN:
• Overpacking. A recent survey found that two thirds of travelers often return from a trip with at least six unworn outfits. Figure out how to wear almost everything you pack at least twice.
• Not buying something valued when first seen. Travelers often miss out on deals thinking they can come back to that shop later or find a cheaper, better version somewhere else. When you find something you like (and can afford) just purchase it.
• Not reviewing your phone plan prior to overseas travel. International roaming as well as texting can be needlessly obscenely expensive if appropriate changes are not made to a plan prior to departure.
• Reserving hotels “near city center.” Such claims are open to vast interpretation. You do not want to waste travel time and spend lots of money traveling to your desired destinations.
• Taking a shuttle to travel to your destination. Shuttles often save a few bucks, but most people’s time is worth far more than what is saved by a shuttle ride.
• Not adequately tightening travel size liquid caps carried in luggage.
• Believing you know the perfect time to purchase a ticket. Various studies have come back with dramatically different results as to when to purchase airfare. Tickets should be purchased when they appear to be a good deal.
• Trying to negotiate too hard to get a bargain. There is no advantage in alienating the locals.
• Not changing money at the airport. You do not want to arrive in the city with no local currency and spend valuable time looking for an acceptable place to change money. The convenience factor makes it worth changing at least a nominal amount of cash at the airport.
• Underestimating the challenges of Heathrow airport. Its size and time consuming queues harry many a traveler. Arriving less than two hours before scheduled departure for an international flight is risky, but sometimes even longer delays are experienced before arriving at gates.
• Buying cheap flip flops. The last thing you want to deal with is a blown out toe strap.
• Avoiding street food. You are missing out if you avoid all the local food. Long lines usually mean that the food is fine.
• Buying souvenirs of any size the beginning of a three month trip unless you plan to mail them home.
• Being too dependent on guidebooks. Ideally just follow one or two suggestions per day from a guide.
• Not purchasing a full insurance policy. If you end up needing the travel insurance you purchased, you will want the full coverage or you will find that many of your emergency expenses are not covered.
• Being preoccupied with taking pictures. Instead enjoy the spontaneity and visceral experience of travel.
• Not understanding visa and/or passport requirements prior to departure. Some countries require passports to be valid for three months after a traveler’s planned return date before entry is allowed.
• Trying to take in Berlin in a single weekend. Berlin is larger than New York City with endless places to see, eat, drink, and shop.
• Getting cash via a credit card. Credit card companies charge a transaction fee of up to 15 percent for using a card to get cash. Other bank fees often also apply and exchange rates tend to be terrible.
• Not printing out your reservation. This becomes a huge problem if your electronic device does not work with the local network when you arrive.
Travel Articles1. Best Hotel In Uganda
Author: Madian Binaisa
2. From Boston To Phoenix Charter Bus Makes A Great Gift For Those Attending Your Wedding!
Author: Hire Charter Bus
3. Hire A Personal Senior Driver Service In New York
Author: Robert Anhouse
4. Finding The Best Hotel Deals On Your Travels
Author: Manisha Nigam
5. Browse Your Options For Holiday Transportation With A Close Eye On Atlanta Car Service
6. Splendid Journey From Civitavecchia Port To Rome
Author: Angeli Buttone
7. Living In Style With Convenience
Author: Mahendra Shah
8. Book Kerala Backwater Holiday Packages For Family
9. Party As You Travel To The Party In San Antonio With Party Bus Rentals
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
10. Whale Watching Adventures In San Diego
11. What Makes Helicopter Tour In Nepal So Unique?
Author: Trekking Agency Nepal
12. Nepal Is Much More Than Just Peak Climbing Adventure
Author: Trekking Agency Nepal
13. De Verschillende Attracties Van Kerala!
Author: Nain Tara
14. Top 3 Mountain Peaks To Check Our During Your Expedition In Nepal
Author: Snowy Horizon
15. All About Fbo And Aircraft Handling Services
Author: Aviation Infrastructure