ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Avoid These Travel Mistakes
Total Articles: 468
The last thing you want to experience is a common, avoidable travel mistake on a trip that started off great via a careful review of cheap travel deals, including cheap airplane tickets, discount hotel rooms, cheap auto rentals, discount travel packages, and cheap vacation packages.
The following are common travel mistakes that you need not suffer, according to CNN:
• Overpacking. A recent survey found that two thirds of travelers often return from a trip with at least six unworn outfits. Figure out how to wear almost everything you pack at least twice.
• Not buying something valued when first seen. Travelers often miss out on deals thinking they can come back to that shop later or find a cheaper, better version somewhere else. When you find something you like (and can afford) just purchase it.
• Not reviewing your phone plan prior to overseas travel. International roaming as well as texting can be needlessly obscenely expensive if appropriate changes are not made to a plan prior to departure.
• Reserving hotels “near city center.” Such claims are open to vast interpretation. You do not want to waste travel time and spend lots of money traveling to your desired destinations.
• Taking a shuttle to travel to your destination. Shuttles often save a few bucks, but most people’s time is worth far more than what is saved by a shuttle ride.
• Not adequately tightening travel size liquid caps carried in luggage.
• Believing you know the perfect time to purchase a ticket. Various studies have come back with dramatically different results as to when to purchase airfare. Tickets should be purchased when they appear to be a good deal.
• Trying to negotiate too hard to get a bargain. There is no advantage in alienating the locals.
• Not changing money at the airport. You do not want to arrive in the city with no local currency and spend valuable time looking for an acceptable place to change money. The convenience factor makes it worth changing at least a nominal amount of cash at the airport.
• Underestimating the challenges of Heathrow airport. Its size and time consuming queues harry many a traveler. Arriving less than two hours before scheduled departure for an international flight is risky, but sometimes even longer delays are experienced before arriving at gates.
• Buying cheap flip flops. The last thing you want to deal with is a blown out toe strap.
• Avoiding street food. You are missing out if you avoid all the local food. Long lines usually mean that the food is fine.
• Buying souvenirs of any size the beginning of a three month trip unless you plan to mail them home.
• Being too dependent on guidebooks. Ideally just follow one or two suggestions per day from a guide.
• Not purchasing a full insurance policy. If you end up needing the travel insurance you purchased, you will want the full coverage or you will find that many of your emergency expenses are not covered.
• Being preoccupied with taking pictures. Instead enjoy the spontaneity and visceral experience of travel.
• Not understanding visa and/or passport requirements prior to departure. Some countries require passports to be valid for three months after a traveler’s planned return date before entry is allowed.
• Trying to take in Berlin in a single weekend. Berlin is larger than New York City with endless places to see, eat, drink, and shop.
• Getting cash via a credit card. Credit card companies charge a transaction fee of up to 15 percent for using a card to get cash. Other bank fees often also apply and exchange rates tend to be terrible.
• Not printing out your reservation. This becomes a huge problem if your electronic device does not work with the local network when you arrive.
Travel Articles1. A Whole New World-at The Top, Burj Khalifa
Author: Dalphine Wanjiru
2. Manav Attestation Services – Authentic Attestation
3. Cheap Holidays To Penang Take You To Charming Places
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
4. Luxury Tour To India - The Spa And Ayurveda Experience
Author: Ankit Patel
5. Best Travel Tips That Will Help Make A Trip Smoother
6. Wonderful Eco Tours In Trinidad And Tobago
7. Cheap Holidays To Seychelles Take You To Enchanting Beaches
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
8. Explore Some Interesting Aspects With Cheap Holidays To Langkawi
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
9. Book Greek Islands Yacht Charters For Wonderful Vacation Experiences
Author: George Iatridis
10. Discover The Amazing Gems Of Nha Trang With An Expert Tour Operator In Vietnam
Author: Dothanh Quan
11. Cape Town Private Tours Are Announced For Those Who Wish For Maximum Luxury!
Author: Matthew Wilson
12. Get Ready To Wed By Booking Limo Service In Gaithersburg
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
13. 5 Best Hotels In Bhubaneswar To Host Wedding Ceremony
Author: Satish Nilekani
14. How To Travel On Budget While Traveling Solo
Author: MyChoize Cars
15. Sukhad Yatra’s - ‘know–your–highway’ Feature Eases Highway Commuter’s Journey
Author: Prashanth varma