ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Travel Tips Worth Ignoring
Total Articles: 468
Often it is easier to find cheap travel options, including cheap airplane tickets, discount hotel rooms, cheap auto rentals, and cheap vacation packages than it is to find sound travel tips.
The following are travel recommendations that Smarter Travel recommends you ignore when on the road:
• Do not wear a fanny pack. You will blend in and be better protected against pickpockets if you wear a cross body purse or keep your wallet in your front pocket.
• Do not over schedule your time while on vacation. Instead leave plenty of time for relaxation and spontaneity.
• Roll instead of fold the clothes you pack. This will allow you to fit more in your luggage. Alternatively fold your clothes and then put them in compression bags.
• Be savvy about whom you speak with on the road and do not go anywhere dark with newly made “friends.” Be aware that talking to locals can help you make new friends, be exposed to solid local recommendations, and maximize your enjoyment of a new place.
• Do not try to skip popular tourist sites just because you don’t want to deal with crowds and want a more authentic local experience. Popular tourist sites are popular for a reason and if you are interested in selected sites, you should make a point of seeing them.
• Re-confirming reservations immediately prior to a trip is no longer a must so long as you have received confirmation emails. The exception would be if you will be staying in a hotel that was reserved over the phone or by mail.
• Bringing a blanket on a plane is not recommended since it takes up limited packing space. Consider alternatives such as a big scarf, pashmina, or sweatshirt that can do double duty off the plane.
• Rethink trying to save money by staying outside the city you are visiting. Remember time is valuable and you do not want to waste precious vacation time commuting in and out of your actual destination. Also extra transportation costs often offset any savings realized by staying further away.
• Do not feel that you must avoid all street food. Instead exercise good common sense when selecting a food cart or truck. Look for vendors that are frequented by locals, avoid places that appear unsanitary or have bug problems, and never eat anything made with or washed in unfiltered water unless it is cooked or boiled. A long line of locals waiting to place food orders is usually a great indicator of good food.
• Don’t subscribe to the advice of having an adventure and being spontaneous and therefore not booking in advance. You are not going to want to waste time looking for an acceptable hotel at your destination. By booking in advance you can often save money and by checking out other people’s reviews in advance you are most likely to stay somewhere you will like.
Travel Articles1. Top Things To Know About A Luxury Bahamas Yacht Wedding
Author: Alvin Strachan
2. Embrace The Romance With Lax Limo Car Service
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
3. Thailand Travel Tours Guide The Most Wonderful Places To Visit In Thailand
Author: Thailand Tour Packages
4. Enjoy Dubai Shopping Tours
Author: Dubai Shopping Tours
5. Including All Loved Ones With A Bachelor Party In Dc Via Dc Charter Bus
Author: David WILSON
6. 5 Destinations For Day Trips From Ho Chi Minh City
Author: Le Xuan Son
7. 4 Relaxing Activities That You Must Do On Your Grand Cayman Tour
Author: Michael Leacock
8. Best Fujairah Tours Services
9. Budget Annapurna Base Camp Trek - Best For Budget Travelers
Author: Info Nepal Trekking
10. Witness Enchanting Surroundings With Cheap Holidays To Hurghada
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
11. Acquire Legal Child Adoption Service In Nepal
12. How To Choose Your Vintage Wedding Car Hire In Dublin Smartly!
Author: Padraic O Reilly
13. How Do You Prepare For Cape Town Cycle Tour?
Author: Daily Scandinavian
14. 6 Tips For Discovering The Charisma Of Popular Nz Tour Attractions
Author: Damien McConnell
15. Enjoy The Classic Mera Peak Climbing With Your Friends And Family