ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Unwind While Waiting At Airports
Total Articles: 468
As welcome as cheap travel options, including cheap airplane tickets, discount hotel rooms, cheap auto rentals, and cheap vacation packages are, they can do nothing to mitigate preflight stress often the result of long lines or extended delays.
The following are ways to de-stress while at the airport, according to Smarter Travel:
• Exercise not only tends to significantly reduce stress but also allows passengers blood to pump before being squeezed into small airplane seats. Everything from yoga rooms to fitness gyms are popping up at airports.
• Rock your anxiety away. Increasingly airports are offering rows of rocking chairs as an alternative to their ubiquitous tandem sling seats in boarding areas. More comfortable seating is becoming common even at airports without rockers.
• Purchase an airline lounge day pass where you can enjoy comfortable seating, soothing music, free snacks and drink, as well as Wi-Fi. Although annual passes to airline and airport lounges can be quite expensive, a day pass is usually within the reach of most travelers. An added stress relaxer can be found at airline affiliated lounges that usually staff a desk where guests can make flight changes without being forced to stand in long lines.
• Relax at airport spas which are increasingly offering everything from simple chair massages to mani-pedi combos, haircuts, waxing, and even facials. Increasingly, airports are housing local spas in addition to spas that cater to airport customers.
• Napping is a great way to rejuvenate. Relaxation rooms and in terminal short stay hotels offer travelers the opportunity to sleep in rooms in increments ranging from minutes to hours. Minute Suites has appeared at several airports and offer comfortable sofas, pillows, fresh blankets, and a sound masking system that creates peaceful environments.
• Unwind while listening to live music. Select airports have started scheduling live music Monday through Friday often in cooperation with regional music acts. Nashville International posts its live music schedule on its homepage.
• Enjoy a meal at one of an ever increasing number of good sit down restaurants at many airports. Linger over your meal vs. devouring a sandwich balanced on your lap at the gate. You can usually find good restaurant options by checking an airport’s website, browsing an airport app, or checking out an airport map. Zagat or Yelp reviews are increasingly available for some airport restaurants.
• Do something unrelated to your trip. Volunteers at Los Angeles International, Miami International, and San Jose International wander the terminals with friendly therapy dogs happy to snuggle and charm passengers. Digiboo kiosks at select airport allow travelers to download movies and TV shows. Depending on the airport, travelers have started finding giant slides, museums, and in some cases even golf courses.
• Find a quiet spot at airport prayer and meditation rooms. Such spaces tend to be peaceful, quiet, and have few occupants. Since such locations are not typically in heavily trafficked parts of airports, travelers need to look on a map or directory to find them.
• Loiter at a terminal meeting point and watch travelers reunite with loved ones. A dose of airport reunion joy can do wonders for blood pressure and restore a little faith in humanity.
Travel Articles1. Spectacular Engagement Celebration With Party Buses For Rent
Author: David WILSON
2. Reaching Honeymoon Status With Town Car Service Washington Dc
Author: Mark Jonsh
3. Yacht Charter In Greece Bid The Best Luxury Option For Corporate Event And Client Entertainment
Author: George Iatridis
4. Hue Day Trips- A Nice Option To Discover The Beautiful Country Of Vietnam
Author: Le Xuan Son
5. Follow These 7 Tips To Become A Smart Traveler For The Next Trip!
Author: Manisha Nigam
6. Think Less And Travel More And Get Rid Of Routine-bound Life
Author: John Watson
7. 6 Must Visit Temples Of Mysore For Religious Tourists
Author: Manisha Nigam
8. El Salvador Tourist Visa For Indian Citizen
9. Why Egypt Tour Packages Will Make You Go Wow
Author: Ayad Mohamed
10. Remember Your Wedding Well With Car Service In Houston
Author: Remember Your Wedding Well with Car Service in Hou
11. Exploring Historical Points Of Rajasthan With Udaipur Taxi Online
Author: bheru lal
12. What Can Teens Do In A Denver Party Bus On Prom Night?
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
13. Diverse Honeymoon Travel With A Wedding Or Prom Limo Rental Pittsburgh
Author: Daniel WILLIAMS
14. Experience A Wedding Limousine Rental In Atlanta And All Of The Advantages From It
Author: JOHN WICK
15. 6 Places You Must Explore During Your Tenerife Holidays
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe