ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Unwind While Waiting At Airports
Total Articles: 468
As welcome as cheap travel options, including cheap airplane tickets, discount hotel rooms, cheap auto rentals, and cheap vacation packages are, they can do nothing to mitigate preflight stress often the result of long lines or extended delays.
The following are ways to de-stress while at the airport, according to Smarter Travel:
• Exercise not only tends to significantly reduce stress but also allows passengers blood to pump before being squeezed into small airplane seats. Everything from yoga rooms to fitness gyms are popping up at airports.
• Rock your anxiety away. Increasingly airports are offering rows of rocking chairs as an alternative to their ubiquitous tandem sling seats in boarding areas. More comfortable seating is becoming common even at airports without rockers.
• Purchase an airline lounge day pass where you can enjoy comfortable seating, soothing music, free snacks and drink, as well as Wi-Fi. Although annual passes to airline and airport lounges can be quite expensive, a day pass is usually within the reach of most travelers. An added stress relaxer can be found at airline affiliated lounges that usually staff a desk where guests can make flight changes without being forced to stand in long lines.
• Relax at airport spas which are increasingly offering everything from simple chair massages to mani-pedi combos, haircuts, waxing, and even facials. Increasingly, airports are housing local spas in addition to spas that cater to airport customers.
• Napping is a great way to rejuvenate. Relaxation rooms and in terminal short stay hotels offer travelers the opportunity to sleep in rooms in increments ranging from minutes to hours. Minute Suites has appeared at several airports and offer comfortable sofas, pillows, fresh blankets, and a sound masking system that creates peaceful environments.
• Unwind while listening to live music. Select airports have started scheduling live music Monday through Friday often in cooperation with regional music acts. Nashville International posts its live music schedule on its homepage.
• Enjoy a meal at one of an ever increasing number of good sit down restaurants at many airports. Linger over your meal vs. devouring a sandwich balanced on your lap at the gate. You can usually find good restaurant options by checking an airport’s website, browsing an airport app, or checking out an airport map. Zagat or Yelp reviews are increasingly available for some airport restaurants.
• Do something unrelated to your trip. Volunteers at Los Angeles International, Miami International, and San Jose International wander the terminals with friendly therapy dogs happy to snuggle and charm passengers. Digiboo kiosks at select airport allow travelers to download movies and TV shows. Depending on the airport, travelers have started finding giant slides, museums, and in some cases even golf courses.
• Find a quiet spot at airport prayer and meditation rooms. Such spaces tend to be peaceful, quiet, and have few occupants. Since such locations are not typically in heavily trafficked parts of airports, travelers need to look on a map or directory to find them.
• Loiter at a terminal meeting point and watch travelers reunite with loved ones. A dose of airport reunion joy can do wonders for blood pressure and restore a little faith in humanity.
Travel Articles1. Best Hotel In Uganda
Author: Madian Binaisa
2. From Boston To Phoenix Charter Bus Makes A Great Gift For Those Attending Your Wedding!
Author: Hire Charter Bus
3. Hire A Personal Senior Driver Service In New York
Author: Robert Anhouse
4. Finding The Best Hotel Deals On Your Travels
Author: Manisha Nigam
5. Browse Your Options For Holiday Transportation With A Close Eye On Atlanta Car Service
6. Splendid Journey From Civitavecchia Port To Rome
Author: Angeli Buttone
7. Living In Style With Convenience
Author: Mahendra Shah
8. Book Kerala Backwater Holiday Packages For Family
9. Party As You Travel To The Party In San Antonio With Party Bus Rentals
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
10. Whale Watching Adventures In San Diego
11. What Makes Helicopter Tour In Nepal So Unique?
Author: Trekking Agency Nepal
12. Nepal Is Much More Than Just Peak Climbing Adventure
Author: Trekking Agency Nepal
13. De Verschillende Attracties Van Kerala!
Author: Nain Tara
14. Top 3 Mountain Peaks To Check Our During Your Expedition In Nepal
Author: Snowy Horizon
15. All About Fbo And Aircraft Handling Services
Author: Aviation Infrastructure