ALL >> Internet-Marketing >> View Article
Social Media Marketing Vs Traditional Marketing
Total Articles: 9
Social media has become an integral part of our lives. Given their wider reach, using it in marketing will only add something to the marketing strategy. Traditional marketing and social media marketing have their pros and cons. We will compare their strengths and weaknesses on a various basis.
Traditional marketing has a uniform structure which is clear in the form of advertising campaigns and service hotlines. On the other hand, social media marketing is spread over the cyber web in the form of status updates, tweets, comments, blog posts etc.
Its more lucid, simple, easy to digest and targeted.
2. Speaking Vs Conversation:
In traditional advertising, one advertisement communicates message to many people in the form of a banner, hoarding or TV Advertisement. Users only listen. They cannot express their views. On social media, each advertisement is created for specific targets, users can join on Social Channels and interact with brand by posting comments, tweets, likes, messages etc.
3. Difference in planning:
In traditional advertising, the objective of ads is to have a larger spread. The adverts on social media always have niche targeting and objectives revolved around performing actions like buy, fill form, subscribe, like the page, participate in contest etc.
In traditional marketing, if a consumer calls or emails the company, the conversation is kept private. Discussion is private and bilateral. But in social media marketing, if a consumer sends a message to companies on a social media platform, anybody can see it and join discussions. Reactions to comments are immediate.
5. Target audiences:
In traditional marketing, message is meant for a target audience but targeting always remains broad. For example: a hoarding on road side for women sanitary diaper, is equally visible to males. However, social media marketing, message is targeted for specific audience based on age, gender, interest etc.
6. Surety of reach:
In traditional market, an advertisement or banner is put up. People may see it but one cannot track how many people paid attention to it. On social media, many people may see an advertisement but likes, shares and comments on that ads can tell the advertisers how many people actually paid attention the advertisement. It means social media offers better ROI
Therefore, the comparison of traditional marketing with social media marketing proves that traditional marketing may be helpful but it can never provide the advantages of social media marketing. Hence, social media should never be ignored for the promotion of any product or service. Social media should be integrated into the marketing campaign to ensure its success.
Are you planning to start Social Media for your brand. Lot of brands are now adapting the new trends and even if they do not have inhouse team, social media outsourcing is trending these days. Number of business outsourcing their social media to offshore countries is increasing day by day.
So what are your views about the opinion about these two types of marketing? Post your comments.
Internet Marketing Articles1. Q&a | Answering All The Faqs About Social Media Aggregators
Author: Alex Watts
2. Avail Internet Marketing Companies In Pune Services To Reach Your Online Business Objectives
3. On Facebook…and The Shifty Home-business Generation
Author: Hannah George
4. Local Seo In Waterloo Ontario - Sizing Up The Competition
Author: Nick Watson is the author of this article
5. 4 Trends In The Digital Marketing Sphere That Will Help You Generate More Sales
Author: Joseph Symons
6. Bulk Sms Reselling Business Oppurtunity – Smsjosh
7. Important Factors To Consider While Enlisting For Online Construction Directory
Author: John Tremblay
8. Custom Mobile Development For Businesses
Author: Paul Wright
9. Plug Your Business Into The Digital Age With 180 Fusion
10. Pay Per Click Management Service To Take Your Business To The Next Level
11. Pasadena Web Development
Author: web design pasadena
12. A Few Effective Tips To Ensure Best Operation Of Your Business Site
Author: Bit Zenith
13. 7 Ways Personal Reputation Management Services Help You Create A Strong Online Presence
Author: AKS Interactive
14. Email Automation An Effective Way For Engaging Customers
15. The Point To Point Guide To Boosting Your Google Rankings Without Getting Penalized