ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
The Various Factors Involved In Using Kia Cars
Total Articles: 399
When using a Kia automobile, there are quite a lot of factors involved that the owner should be aware about and some of these have been mentioned here according to the separate components of the car.
POWER STEERING BRAKE SYSTEM
If the engine is not running or is turned off while driving the Kia car, the power assistance for the steering will not be functional. Steering the Kia car would become harder to operate.
The power steering system of Kia vehicle is designed to provide power assist while driving to operate the steering wheel with light force. When the steering wheel is operated repeatedly or continuously while parking or driving the Kia vehicle at a very low speed, the power assist for the steering wheel will be reduced. This is to prevent overheating of the power steering system of the Kia vehicle and protect it from getting damaged. While the power assist is reduced, steering wheel operation of the Kia car will become heavy. When the temperature of the power steering system goes down, the power assist level will return to normal. Avoid repeating such steering wheel operations that could cause the power steering system of the Kia vehicle to overheat. You may hear a sound when the steering wheel of the Kia vehicle is operated quickly. However, this is not a malfunction.
If the power steering warning light PS illuminates while the engine of the Kia automobile is running, it may indicate the power steering system is not functioning properly and may need servicing. Have the power steering system checked by a Kia dealer.
The brake system of the Kia vehicle has two separate hydraulic circuits. If one circuit malfunctions, you will still have braking at two wheels.
Vacuum assisted brakes
The brake booster aids braking by using engine vacuum. If the engine of the stops, you can stop the Kia vehicle by depressing the brake pedal. However, greater foot pressure on the brake pedal will be required to stop the Kia vehicle and stopping distance will be longer.
The cruise control of Kia vehicles includes:
1. ACCEL/RES switch
2. COAST/SET switch
3. CANCEL switch
4. ON/OFF switch
PRECAUTIONS ON CRUISE CONTROL
If the cruise control system of the Kia automobile malfunctions, it cancels automatically. The SET indicator light in the instrument panel of the Kia car then blinks to warn the driver. If the SET indicator light blinks, turn the cruise control switch off and have the system checked by a Kia dealer.
PARKING/PARKING ON HILLS
Firmly apply the parking brake. Manual transmission model requires the driver to place the shift lever of Kia car in the R (Reverse) position. When parking on an uphill grade, place the shift lever of the Kia car in 1st gear. Turn the wheels into the curb and move the Kia vehicle forward until the curb side wheel gently touches the curb. Turn the ignition key to the LOCK position and remove the key.
Considering all such factors, the driver becomes more familiar with his Kia vehicle and enhances his driving experience.
Automobiles Articles1. Have A Look On The Most Frequent Reasons Of Car Tyre Wear
Author: My Tyre Point
2. Find The Right Lube Trailer For Sale To Increase Industrial Efficiency
Author: Scott Lee
3. Give Your Vehicle The Extra Mileage It Seeks
Author: James Elston
4. Lessons That Will Teach You All You Need To Know About Certified Driving School In Chadstone
Author: Mark Watson
5. Reasons Auto Carwash In Kingston Is Sweeter Than Christmas Morning
Author: Rhys Gibson
6. Sell The Old Car & Purchase A Brand New One On Vehicle Part Exchange
Author: Ewan Thorpe
7. The Simplest Ways To Make The Best Of Harley Davidson Fabric Brisbane
Author: Levi Fysh
8. Get A Valid And Authenticated International Driving License Oman
Author: Mr. Vince Joe
9. Stevens 112 Ford Has Received The Prestigious President's Award Courtesy Of Ford Motor Company!
10. Car Dealer Selling New Cars At Reasonable Price
11. Best Online Shop For Genuine Auto Spare Parts In Dubai, Uae
12. Most Common Vehicle Registration And Titling Issues
Author: ABA Auto Registration
13. Creating A Magnificent Experience Of Luxury Riding-db Luxury Cars
14. How To Choose Best Auto Repair Gainesville?
Author: Berrisford Smith
15. Here’s The Rundown Of The Supportive Points To Keep Your Car In Good Working Condition
Author: My Tyre Point