ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
The Variety Of Gauges Present Inside Kia Car
Total Articles: 399
When it comes to gauges, there are quite a lot of them present in Kia vehicles, each of them with their own individual, distinct use and purpose.
The speedometer indicates the forward speed of the Kia vehicle.
The tachometer indicates the approximate number of engine revolutions per minute (rpm). Use the tachometer in the Kia car to select the correct shift points and to prevent lugging and/or over-revving the engine. The tachometer pointer may move slightly when the ignition switch is in ACC or ON position with the engine OFF. This movement is normal and will not affect the accuracy of the tachometer once the Kia engine is running. Do not operate the engine within the tachometers RED ZONE. This may cause severe engine damage.
The fuel gauge in the Kia automobile indicates the approximate amount of fuel remaining in the fuel tank. The fuel tank capacity is given in section 8. The fuel gauge is supplemented by a low fuel warning light, which will illuminate when the fuel tank is near empty. Running out of fuel can expose Kia vehicle occupants to danger. You must stop and obtain additional fuel as soon as possible after the warning light comes on or when the gauge indicator comes close to the E level. Avoid driving with a very low fuel level. If you run out of fuel, it could cause the engine to misfire and result in excessive loading of the catalytic converter.
The odometer indicates the total distance the Kia vehicle has been driven.
Tripmeter (trip odometer)
You can choose the tripmeter A and tripmeter B by pressing the tripmeter mode button in the Kia vehicle.
TRIP A: Tripmeter A
TRIP B: Tripmeter B
The tripmeter indicates the distance of individual trips selected by the driver. Tripmeter A and B can be reset to 0 by pressing the reset button for 1 second or more, and then releasing
This mode indicates the total time traveled by the Kia vehicle since the last driving time reset. Even if the Kia vehicle is not in motion, the driving time keeps going while the engine is running. Pressing the TRIP button for more than 1 second, when the driving time is being displayed, clears the driving time to zero.
Average fuel consumption
This mode calculates the average fuel consumption from the total fuel used and the distance since the last average consumption reset. The total fuel used is calculated from the fuel consumption input. For an accurate calculation, drive more than 500 m (0.3 miles). The meters working range is from 0.0 to 99.9 l/100 km (0.0 to 99.9 miles per gallon).
If the Kia vehicle is not on level ground or the battery power has been interrupted, the “Distance to empty” function may not operate correctly. The trip computer may not register additional fuel if less than 6 liters (1.6 gallons) of fuel are added to the Kia vehicle. The fuel consumption and distance to empty values may vary significantly based on driving conditions, driving habits, and condition of the Kia vehicle.
Automobiles Articles1. The Miami Used Luxury Cars For Sale Offers A Wonderful Choice To Own Your Dream Car
2. Annual Cost Of Ownership Of Car: The Aspect That Car Buyers Often Overlook
Author: Kaitlin Miller
3. Crucial Things To Know Before You Buy Your First E-bike
Author: Manisha Nigam
4. Why Renting A Luxury Car Is A Good Idea For Your Next Event At Los Angeles?
Author: Eric Burton
5. Your Options In Car Financing
Author: Pushpendra Sing
6. Buy Electric Skateboards: 4 Things You Must Do To Choose An Appropriate Seller
Author: Liva Wong
7. Stop Your Net Surfing For Best Auto Transport Services With Auto Trans Group
Author: Ivan Pavlov
8. Have A Look On The Most Frequent Reasons Of Car Tyre Wear
Author: My Tyre Point
9. Find The Right Lube Trailer For Sale To Increase Industrial Efficiency
Author: Scott Lee
10. Give Your Vehicle The Extra Mileage It Seeks
Author: James Elston
11. Lessons That Will Teach You All You Need To Know About Certified Driving School In Chadstone
Author: Mark Watson
12. Reasons Auto Carwash In Kingston Is Sweeter Than Christmas Morning
Author: Rhys Gibson
13. Sell The Old Car & Purchase A Brand New One On Vehicle Part Exchange
Author: Ewan Thorpe
14. The Simplest Ways To Make The Best Of Harley Davidson Fabric Brisbane
Author: Levi Fysh
15. Get A Valid And Authenticated International Driving License Oman
Author: Mr. Vince Joe