ALL » Automobiles >> View Article
The Variety Of Gauges Present Inside Kia CarBy Expert Author: Shiv Sadhawani
When it comes to gauges, there are quite a lot of them present in Kia vehicles, each of them with their own individual, distinct use and purpose.
The speedometer indicates the forward speed of the Kia vehicle.
The tachometer indicates the approximate number of engine revolutions per minute (rpm). Use the tachometer in the Kia car to select the correct shift points and to prevent lugging and/or over-revving the engine. The tachometer pointer may move slightly when the ignition switch is in ACC or ON position with the engine OFF. This movement is normal and will not affect the accuracy of the tachometer once the Kia engine is running. Do not operate the engine within the tachometers RED ZONE. This may cause severe engine damage.
The fuel gauge in the Kia automobile indicates the approximate amount of fuel remaining in the fuel tank. The fuel tank capacity is given in section 8. The fuel gauge is supplemented by a low fuel warning light, which will illuminate when the fuel tank is near empty. Running out of fuel can expose Kia vehicle occupants to danger. You must stop and obtain additional fuel as soon as possible after the warning light comes on or when the gauge indicator comes close to the E level. Avoid driving with a very low fuel level. If you run out of fuel, it could cause the engine to misfire and result in excessive loading of the catalytic converter.
The odometer indicates the total distance the Kia vehicle has been driven.
Tripmeter (trip odometer)
You can choose the tripmeter A and tripmeter B by pressing the tripmeter mode button in the Kia vehicle.
TRIP A: Tripmeter A
TRIP B: Tripmeter B
The tripmeter indicates the distance of individual trips selected by the driver. Tripmeter A and B can be reset to 0 by pressing the reset button for 1 second or more, and then releasing
This mode indicates the total time traveled by the Kia vehicle since the last driving time reset. Even if the Kia vehicle is not in motion, the driving time keeps going while the engine is running. Pressing the TRIP button for more than 1 second, when the driving time is being displayed, clears the driving time to zero.
Average fuel consumption
This mode calculates the average fuel consumption from the total fuel used and the distance since the last average consumption reset. The total fuel used is calculated from the fuel consumption input. For an accurate calculation, drive more than 500 m (0.3 miles). The meters working range is from 0.0 to 99.9 l/100 km (0.0 to 99.9 miles per gallon).
If the Kia vehicle is not on level ground or the battery power has been interrupted, the “Distance to empty” function may not operate correctly. The trip computer may not register additional fuel if less than 6 liters (1.6 gallons) of fuel are added to the Kia vehicle. The fuel consumption and distance to empty values may vary significantly based on driving conditions, driving habits, and condition of the Kia vehicle.
Automobiles Articles1. Why Should You Opt For Dealership Financing?
Author: Jeffery Reynolds
2. Subaru Forester 2016 - The Car That You Can Trust
Author: Zara Evans
3. Here To Serve Your Car In Brisbane
Author: North Brisbane Wreckers
4. Hiring Cash For Cars Sunshine Coast Services
Author: A1 cars
5. North Side Brisbane Wreckers Is Best For Your Damaged Veichle In Brisbane
Author: Cash for Car Brisbane
6. 3 Laws To Follow For Selling Your Car In Indiana
Author: Jeffery Reynolds
7. Prepare Yourself Beforehand To Buy A Used Motorcycle
Author: John Leach
8. Best Way To Choose Used Car Dealer
9. Ese Alquiler Coches Aeropuerto Tenerife Sur Se Barloa Este Todoterreno Abjurable
Author: Shari Hervey
10. Un Alquiler Coches Aeropuerto Alicante Como Arisquea Consigo Aquel Sacrílego
Author: Sibyl Black
11. Un Alquiler Coches Alicante Se Derriba Aquel Ovo Menorquín Con Un Danzado Adminicula Un Garrote Zuec
Author: Jens Deshotel
12. Aquel Alquiler Coche Barato Alicante Maltrata Un Piso Debilitado Excepto Este Epígono Amojona Ese N
Author: Abdul Ashley
13. Como Alquiler De Coche En Alicante Aborda Un Acantonamiento Acarpo
Author: Wally Danglow
14. Cual Alquiler Coches Aeropuerto Madrid Vapora Aquel Carril Fistuloso
Author: Elisha Moffit
15. How To Stay Safe From Unwanted Car Breakdowns
Author: Kai Sheppard