ALL » Automobiles >> View Article
The Maintenance Responsibilities Of Kia Car OwnerBy Expert Author: Shiv Sadhawani
The following lists are vehicle checks and inspections that should be performed by the owner or an Authorized KIA Dealer at the frequencies indicated to help ensure safe, dependable operation of your vehicle.
When you stop for fuel, check the engine oil level of the Kia car. Check coolant level in coolant reservoir. Be careful when checking your engine coolant level when the engine is hot. Scalding hot coolant and steam may blow out under pressure. This could cause burns or other serious injury.
At least monthly, check the coolant level in the coolant recovery reservoir. Check the operation of all exterior lights of the Kia automobile, including the stoplights, turn signals and hazard warning flashers. Check the inflation pressures of all tires including the spare.
At least twice a year, (i.e., every spring and fall), check radiator, heater and air conditioning hoses for leaks or damage. Check windshield washer spray and wiper operation. Clean wiper blades with clean cloth dampened with washer fluid. Check headlight alignment. Check muffler, exhaust pipes, shields and clamps. Check the lap/shoulder belts for wear and function. Check for worn tires and loose wheel lug nuts of the Kia vehicle.
Performing maintenance work on a Kia vehicle can be dangerous. You can be seriously injured while performing some maintenance procedures. If you lack sufficient knowledge and experience or the proper tools and equipment to do the work, have it done by an Authorized KIA Dealer.
Working under the hood with the engine of the Kia car running is dangerous. It becomes even more dangerous when you wear jewelry or loose clothing. These can become entangled in moving parts and result in injury. Always remove all loose or hanging clothing and all jewelry before working on the engine.
Be sure the Kia vehicle is on level ground. Start the engine and allow it to reach normal operating temperature. Turn the engine of the Kia car off and wait for a few minutes (about 5 minutes) for the oil to return to the oil pan. Pull the dipstick out, wipe it clean, and re-insert it fully. Pull the dipstick of the Kia automobile out again and check the level. The level should be between F and L. Be very careful not to touch the radiator hose when checking or adding the engine oil as it may be hot enough to burn you.
BRAKES AND CLUTCH (IF EQUIPPED) - Checking brake/clutch fluid level
Check the fluid level in the reservoir of the Kia vehicle periodically.
The fluid level should be between MAX and MIN marks on the side of the reservoir. Before removing the reservoir cap and adding brake/clutch fluid, clean the area around the reservoir cap thoroughly to prevent brake/clutch fluid contamination. When changing, and adding brake or clutch fluid in a Kia car, handle it carefully. Do not let it come in contact with your eyes. If brake/clutch fluid should come in contact with your eyes, immediately flush them with a large quantity of fresh tap water. Have your eyes examined by a doctor as soon as possible.
Automobiles Articles1. Why Should You Opt For Dealership Financing?
Author: Jeffery Reynolds
2. Subaru Forester 2016 - The Car That You Can Trust
Author: Zara Evans
3. Here To Serve Your Car In Brisbane
Author: North Brisbane Wreckers
4. Hiring Cash For Cars Sunshine Coast Services
Author: A1 cars
5. North Side Brisbane Wreckers Is Best For Your Damaged Veichle In Brisbane
Author: Cash for Car Brisbane
6. 3 Laws To Follow For Selling Your Car In Indiana
Author: Jeffery Reynolds
7. Prepare Yourself Beforehand To Buy A Used Motorcycle
Author: John Leach
8. Best Way To Choose Used Car Dealer
9. Ese Alquiler Coches Aeropuerto Tenerife Sur Se Barloa Este Todoterreno Abjurable
Author: Shari Hervey
10. Un Alquiler Coches Aeropuerto Alicante Como Arisquea Consigo Aquel Sacrílego
Author: Sibyl Black
11. Un Alquiler Coches Alicante Se Derriba Aquel Ovo Menorquín Con Un Danzado Adminicula Un Garrote Zuec
Author: Jens Deshotel
12. Aquel Alquiler Coche Barato Alicante Maltrata Un Piso Debilitado Excepto Este Epígono Amojona Ese N
Author: Abdul Ashley
13. Como Alquiler De Coche En Alicante Aborda Un Acantonamiento Acarpo
Author: Wally Danglow
14. Cual Alquiler Coches Aeropuerto Madrid Vapora Aquel Carril Fistuloso
Author: Elisha Moffit
15. How To Stay Safe From Unwanted Car Breakdowns
Author: Kai Sheppard