ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
The Importance Of The Compact Spare Tire In Kia Cars
Total Articles: 312
IF YOU HAVE A FLAT TIRE
The spare tire, jack, jack handle, wheel lug nut wrench are stored in the luggage compartment. Remove the luggage under tray out of the way to reach this equipment.
Removing the spare tire
Turn the tire hold-down wing bolt counterclockwise. Store the tire in the reverse order of removal. To prevent the spare tire and tools from “rattling” while the vehicle is in motion, store them properly.
Important use of compact spare tire
Your vehicle is equipped with a compact spare tire. This compact spare tire takes up less space than a regular-size tire. This tire is smaller than a conventional tire and is designed for temporary use only.
You should drive carefully when the compact spare is in use. The compact spare should be replaced by the proper conventional tire and rim at the first opportunity. The operation of this vehicle is not recommended with more than one compact spare tire in use at the same time. This spare tire should be used only for VERY short distances. Compact spares should NEVER be used for long drives or extended distances. The compact spare should be inflated to 420 kPa (60 psi).
When using a compact spare tire, observe the following precautions:
Under no circumstances should you exceed 80 km/h (50 mph); a higher speed could damage the tire. Ensure that you drive slowly enough for the road conditions to avoid all hazards. Any road hazard, such as a pothole or debris, could seriously damage the compact spare. Any continuous road use of this tire could result in tire failure, loss of vehicle control, and possible personal injury. Do not exceed the vehicle’s maximum load rating or the load-carrying capacity shown on the sidewall of the compact spare tire. Avoid driving over obstacles. The compact spare tire diameter is smaller than the diameter of a conventional tire and reduces the ground clearance approximately 25 mm (1 inch), which could result in damage to the vehicle. Do not take this vehicle through an automatic car wash. This tire should not be installed on the front axle if the vehicle must be driven in snow or on ice. Do not use the compact spare tire on any other vehicle because this tire has been designed especially for your vehicle. The compact spare tire’s tread life is shorter than a regular tire. Inspect your compact spare tire regularly and replace worn compact spare tires with the same size and design, mounted on the same wheel. Check the inflation pressure after installing the spare tire.
Adjust it to the specified pressure, as necessary.
It is quite important to carry the compact spare tire in a Kia vehicle no matter where a person might be driving to. In case of a flat tire, the compact spare tire comes in real handy to get the Kia car moving again. Not only is it rather important to have the compact spare tire stored in a Kia vehicle when driving, but the driver should also be aware of how to replace a tire.
Automobiles Articles1. 5 Important Reasons Why You Should Replace Your Car Windscreen
Author: Anna Lampasona
2. Bmw Car Dealers In Miami Offer Used Cars In Best Condition And Affordable Price
3. Key Stuck In Ignition! Five Questions Help Todiagnose The Key Problem In A Minute
Author: Daniel Cohen
4. Car Detailing And Car Washing – Is There Any Difference In Actual?
Author: neel patel
5. Why Buying High Performance Parts Online Is The Best Choice For Racing Car Enthusiasts
6. 5 Probable Causes For Car Engine Failure
Author: Paul Zervos
7. When Should You Opt For A Limo Service Dallas
8. Why Opt For A Limo Service Fort Worth
9. Advantages Offered By A Limo Service Dallas
10. How To Get A Truck For Rent Or A Truck Load In This Busy World
Author: Truck for rent
11. Recent Trends In Car Pooling And Car Rental In New Zealand
Author: ashok saraswat
12. The Use Of Cummins Compound Turbocharger Results In Sped Up Motor
Author: Rip Rook
13. Wearing Novelty Helmets Motorcycle Can Keep You Protected While Riding!
Author: Dickens Ben
14. Your Search For The #1 Engine Test Stand Ends Here
Author: Al Freilich
15. Best And Affordabale Car, Bus, Tempo Traveller Services In Pune – Neetabus Shubhyatra
Author: Neetabus Shubhyatra