ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
The Importance Of The Air Bag System In The Kia Car
Total Articles: 312
What your airbag system does not do
The air bag system in a Kia Car is designed to supplement the protection offered by the safety belt system. It is not a substitute for the safety belt.
The importance of using safety belts
There are four very important reasons to use safety belts even with an airbag supplemental restraint system. They help keep you in the proper position (away from the airbag) when it inflates. Reduce the risk of harm in rollover, side impact (vehicles not equipped with side and curtain airbags) or rear impact collisions, because an airbag is not designed to inflate in such situations and even a side curtain airbag is designed to inflate only in certain side impact collisions. They reduce the risk of harm in frontal or side collisions which are not severe enough to actuate the airbag supplemental restraint system. They reduce the risk of being ejected from your Kia vehicle.
Your Kia vehicles Supplemental Restraint System Control Module is equipped with a recording device that may record the use or status of the safety belt restraint system by the driver and front passenger in certain collisions.
Airbags & safety belts
Even in Kia vehicles with air bags, you and your passengers must always wear the safety belts provided in order to minimize the risk and severity of injury in the event of a collision or rollover. Always wear your safety belt. It can help keep you away from the air bags during heavy braking just before a collision.
If occupants in a Kia vehicle are not wearing safety belts or correctly seated, they cannot be fully protected, and thus face a greater risk of serious injury or death. Drivers and front passengers airbag are designed to inflate only in certain frontal collision and side and curtain airbags are designed to inflate in certain side impacts. Frontal airbags are not designed to provide protection in side impacts, rear impacts, rollovers, or less severe frontal collisions. They will not provide protection from later impacts in a multi-impact collision.
The SRS in a Kia vehicle uses a collection of sensors to gather information about the drivers and front passengers seat position, the drivers and front passengers safety belt usage and impact severity.
The drivers and front passengers seat position sensors, which are installed on the seat track let the airbag control module, know where the seats are positioned. Similarly, the safety belt usage sensors measure if the driver and front passengers safety belts are fastened. These sensors in the Kia car provide the ability to control the SRS deployment based on how close the drivers seat in the Kia vehicle is to the steering wheel, how close the passenger’s seat is to the instrument panel, whether or not the safety belts are fastened, and the severity of the impact.
Modification to the seat structure can damage the Kia vehicles seat position sensor and cause the airbag to deploy at a different level than should be provided. Do not place any objects underneath the front seats since they could damage the seat position sensor or interfere with the occupant classification system.
Automobiles Articles1. Recognizing The Real Value Of A Student Auto Loan
Author: jeffery reynold
2. Be A Pioneer In The Motorcycle Repairs Here's What You'll Need
Author: Levi Fysh
3. Rockman – The Leading Manufacturers Of Drive Chain Kits & Alloy Wheels For Two Wheelers
Author: Rockman Industries
4. The Most Effective Method To Become An Independent Tyre Dealer
Author: My Tyre Point
5. Atv Tyres
6. Destiny International Filtration - Oil Cleaning Machine Manufacturer In India
Author: priya singh
7. Wounded Warrior Project & Harley-davidson Surprise Los Angeles Veteran With New Bike As Part Of Miss
8. Vectra - The Heavy Construction & Earth Moving Equipment Manufacturing Companies In India & Europe
9. Think Long Term Before You Decide On Your Auto Loan Term
Author: Kaitlin Miller
10. Tips On Choosing The Best Car Breakers Services In Birmingham
Author: Denny Sour
11. Benefits Of Scrap Car Removal In Birmingham
Author: Alex Stewart
12. Black Car, Limousine Service And Airport Transportation West Palm Beach Fl
13. Matters To Look Upon While Looking For A Gear Manufacturer In India
Author: SONA BLW Precision Forgings Ltd.
14. Car Detailing Tips And Keep Your Car Exterior In A Superior Condition With Autofresh
Author: neel patel
15. Things To Know About The Availability Of Different Warranty Plans For Cars
Author: Ewan Thorpe