ALL >> Travel >> View Article
What Are Places To See For Travels In Madurai ?
Total Articles: 76
Madurai, in the south Indian state of Tamil Nadu is the third largest city, located on banks of river Vaigai, has been considered as a second tier city for information technology. It is a great center of learning for Tamil culture, art, music and dance from long ago which gives an added advantage to visitors coming to the place. There are few oldest educational institutions, seven polytechnic schools, some industrial training institutes.
There are several places to see when you travels in Madurai. Meenakshi Amman Temple, which forms the heart and lifeline of the 2500 year old city, is having so many sculptures, was in list of top thirty nominees for the “New seven wonders of the world”. Koodal Azhagar temple is a Vishnu temple, has idols of Navagraham. Alagar Koyil is another Vishnu temple which is twenty one kilometer from Madurai is another famous temple. Kazimar Big Mosque,is the oldest place of worship. The city is having active night life and is popularly called “Thoonga Nagaram” and attracts large number of tourists from within the city and abroad. The people interested in medical tourism needs to visit the city once. Here numerous festivals, including Meenakshi Tirukkalyanam, the Chittirai and Car Festival is celebrated. Meenakshi Tirukalyanam festival,is celebrated annually for ten days during April–May attracts one many visitors. Madurai comes under the Madurai Telecom District of the BSNL, India's state-owned telecom and internet services provider and is one of the few cities in India where BSNL's Caller Line Identification (CLI) based internet service Net one is available.
You do not have to worry about the accommodation available here when you travels in Madurai.Good number of budget hotels catering to the needs of different segments are there nearby Madurai tourist places. Whether you have come here for work, play, or both there are basic amenities apart from additional ones like workstations, copier, internet facilities, laptop and portable printers on hire. These are the facilities, one will be having requirement while on work.If you have come for leisure, you can visit fitness center and play games as badminton, Table Tennis etc within hotel premises. There will be additional amenities with every room level like mini bar,safe deposit locker,international direct dial ability etc. It is approximately thousands of visitors come each day. Apart from getting famous for the Sri Meenakshi Temple Madurai is packed with pilgrims, business class people, bullock carts .Mahatma Gandhi decided to wear only khadi and tailors shops are everywhere in town.
Travel Articles1. Top Things To Know About A Luxury Bahamas Yacht Wedding
Author: Alvin Strachan
2. Embrace The Romance With Lax Limo Car Service
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
3. Thailand Travel Tours Guide The Most Wonderful Places To Visit In Thailand
Author: Thailand Tour Packages
4. Enjoy Dubai Shopping Tours
Author: Dubai Shopping Tours
5. Including All Loved Ones With A Bachelor Party In Dc Via Dc Charter Bus
Author: David WILSON
6. 5 Destinations For Day Trips From Ho Chi Minh City
Author: Le Xuan Son
7. 4 Relaxing Activities That You Must Do On Your Grand Cayman Tour
Author: Michael Leacock
8. Best Fujairah Tours Services
9. Budget Annapurna Base Camp Trek - Best For Budget Travelers
Author: Info Nepal Trekking
10. Witness Enchanting Surroundings With Cheap Holidays To Hurghada
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
11. Acquire Legal Child Adoption Service In Nepal
12. How To Choose Your Vintage Wedding Car Hire In Dublin Smartly!
Author: Padraic O Reilly
13. How Do You Prepare For Cape Town Cycle Tour?
Author: Daily Scandinavian
14. 6 Tips For Discovering The Charisma Of Popular Nz Tour Attractions
Author: Damien McConnell
15. Enjoy The Classic Mera Peak Climbing With Your Friends And Family