ALL >> Travel >> View Article
What Are Places To See For Travels In Madurai ?
Total Articles: 76
Madurai, in the south Indian state of Tamil Nadu is the third largest city, located on banks of river Vaigai, has been considered as a second tier city for information technology. It is a great center of learning for Tamil culture, art, music and dance from long ago which gives an added advantage to visitors coming to the place. There are few oldest educational institutions, seven polytechnic schools, some industrial training institutes.
There are several places to see when you travels in Madurai. Meenakshi Amman Temple, which forms the heart and lifeline of the 2500 year old city, is having so many sculptures, was in list of top thirty nominees for the “New seven wonders of the world”. Koodal Azhagar temple is a Vishnu temple, has idols of Navagraham. Alagar Koyil is another Vishnu temple which is twenty one kilometer from Madurai is another famous temple. Kazimar Big Mosque,is the oldest place of worship. The city is having active night life and is popularly called “Thoonga Nagaram” and attracts large number of tourists from within the city and abroad. The people interested in medical tourism needs to visit the city once. Here numerous festivals, including Meenakshi Tirukkalyanam, the Chittirai and Car Festival is celebrated. Meenakshi Tirukalyanam festival,is celebrated annually for ten days during April–May attracts one many visitors. Madurai comes under the Madurai Telecom District of the BSNL, India's state-owned telecom and internet services provider and is one of the few cities in India where BSNL's Caller Line Identification (CLI) based internet service Net one is available.
You do not have to worry about the accommodation available here when you travels in Madurai.Good number of budget hotels catering to the needs of different segments are there nearby Madurai tourist places. Whether you have come here for work, play, or both there are basic amenities apart from additional ones like workstations, copier, internet facilities, laptop and portable printers on hire. These are the facilities, one will be having requirement while on work.If you have come for leisure, you can visit fitness center and play games as badminton, Table Tennis etc within hotel premises. There will be additional amenities with every room level like mini bar,safe deposit locker,international direct dial ability etc. It is approximately thousands of visitors come each day. Apart from getting famous for the Sri Meenakshi Temple Madurai is packed with pilgrims, business class people, bullock carts .Mahatma Gandhi decided to wear only khadi and tailors shops are everywhere in town.
Travel Articles1. Explore 5 Beautiful Lakes In Ooty Apart From Ooty Lake
2. The Best Offering Package For The Holy Tour Of Chardham Yatra This Coming September
Author: Char Dham Yatra
3. Different Rides For Prom In Chicago From A Charter Coach Bus Rental Company
4. Let Loose In Los Angeles With Bus Tours
Author: Hire Charter Bus
5. Natural Meets History Of The Kruger National Park
6. Five Free Things To Do In Key West
Author: Dale Dunlop
7. Destination Key West: Popular Attractions
Author: Dale Dunlop
8. Cycling Tours In The French Alps
Author: David Luther
9. Top Trekking & Hiking Trails In Nepal
Author: Mountain Hawk Trekking
10. Mardi Himal Trek - Best Alternative To Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Author: Himalaya Trekking Team
11. Three Exquisite Yet Cultural Cities Of Peshawar That You May Never Want To Leave
Author: Flights Masters
12. Rent The Driver’s Place; Enjoy With Family And Kids On Your Trips
Author: Robert Anhouse
13. Dmz Taxi Tour – Driver Guide Tour Can Make The Dmz Tour A More Planned One!
Author: Brian Lee
14. The Car Rental Dubai Agency Is Your One Stop Shop To Hire The Best Car Of Your Choice
15. Areas Of Cuba
Author: Stephen David