ALL >> Travel >> View Article
What Are Places To See For Travels In Madurai ?
Total Articles: 76
Madurai, in the south Indian state of Tamil Nadu is the third largest city, located on banks of river Vaigai, has been considered as a second tier city for information technology. It is a great center of learning for Tamil culture, art, music and dance from long ago which gives an added advantage to visitors coming to the place. There are few oldest educational institutions, seven polytechnic schools, some industrial training institutes.
There are several places to see when you travels in Madurai. Meenakshi Amman Temple, which forms the heart and lifeline of the 2500 year old city, is having so many sculptures, was in list of top thirty nominees for the “New seven wonders of the world”. Koodal Azhagar temple is a Vishnu temple, has idols of Navagraham. Alagar Koyil is another Vishnu temple which is twenty one kilometer from Madurai is another famous temple. Kazimar Big Mosque,is the oldest place of worship. The city is having active night life and is popularly called “Thoonga Nagaram” and attracts large number of tourists from within the city and abroad. The people interested in medical tourism needs to visit the city once. Here numerous festivals, including Meenakshi Tirukkalyanam, the Chittirai and Car Festival is celebrated. Meenakshi Tirukalyanam festival,is celebrated annually for ten days during April–May attracts one many visitors. Madurai comes under the Madurai Telecom District of the BSNL, India's state-owned telecom and internet services provider and is one of the few cities in India where BSNL's Caller Line Identification (CLI) based internet service Net one is available.
You do not have to worry about the accommodation available here when you travels in Madurai.Good number of budget hotels catering to the needs of different segments are there nearby Madurai tourist places. Whether you have come here for work, play, or both there are basic amenities apart from additional ones like workstations, copier, internet facilities, laptop and portable printers on hire. These are the facilities, one will be having requirement while on work.If you have come for leisure, you can visit fitness center and play games as badminton, Table Tennis etc within hotel premises. There will be additional amenities with every room level like mini bar,safe deposit locker,international direct dial ability etc. It is approximately thousands of visitors come each day. Apart from getting famous for the Sri Meenakshi Temple Madurai is packed with pilgrims, business class people, bullock carts .Mahatma Gandhi decided to wear only khadi and tailors shops are everywhere in town.
Travel Articles1. How To Make Cheap Holidays To Barbados Exciting
Author: Daisy Wilkinson
2. Enjoy Your Excursion Via Top Notch Peak Climbing In Nepal
3. Which Turkish City Should You Visit First, Istanbul Or Ankara?
4. Get Customized Everest Base Camp Trekking Packages Adventure Experience
5. Stansted Airport Taxi Services That Are Better Than The Best
Author: Jack Pero
6. Pick Nepal Trekking To Get Unforgettable Fun And Enjoyment Forever
Author: Life Himalaya Trekking
7. Enjoy Visiting Everest Base Camp Trek And Spend Holidays Happily
Author: Life Himalaya Trekking
8. Simple Travel List For Business Travelers
Author: Abinaya Kannan
9. Sri Lanka: How The Country Eventually Got Its Name?
Author: Sri Lanka Eta Visa
10. 4 Reasons To Drop Everything And Visit Melbourne, Australia
11. Pick The Reliable Gosaikunda Trekking And Have Adventure Skills
12. Get Amazing Entertainment In Everest Base Camp Trekking
13. Make Your Trekking Experience Highly Memorable By Planning For An Expedition
14. Enjoy Trekking In Nepal By Choosing The Best Trekking Company
15. Find Best Morocco Destination Management Company For A Wonderful Holiday Experience In Morocco