ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Are There Enough Hotels In Gulmarg ?
Total Articles: 76
Gulmarg, known as meadow of flowers is a popular skiing destination and people come here majorly to enjoy winter sports. It does not have any permanent residents but all living are just hotel employees and guests. CNN has rated it as “Heartland of winter sports in India”. During the 2012-13 ,winter season Wolf Pack, the Australian skier was widely regarded as the best and fastest skier. With its world class golfing, trekking, mountain biking, horse riding, fishing , Gulmarg attracts outdoor sports fanatics .The place is having one of the highest green golf course in the world. Its splendid beauty, proximity to Srinagar, Pahalgam, Sonmarg makes it one of the most favourite destination among tourists. Emperor Jehangir has once collected twenty one different varieties of flowers and has been favourite hunt for the king. Being the most favourite destination among visitors all over the world there is need for some stricter regulation to save the place from over tourism.
The best part is that you can visit the destination any time during the year. The Himalayan resort is one of the highly popular ski destinations and today it is not merely a beautiful resort but also has the highest green golf course in the world, at an altitude of 2,650 m. It looks like a fantasy which we see in films where even silence is broken by the tinkling sound of cowbells. It is rightly known as Meadow of flowers due to the different kinds of colourful flowers like Daisies, Forget Me Not, Bluebells etc. The major places to visit are Khilanmarg, Gulmarg Biosphere Reserve, Tangmarg, Alpather Lake.In the spring, Khilanmarg, is covered with flowers of all colors in the springs and in winter it is hot spot for winter sport lovers.This is the ultimate dream destination for skiing lovers and para gliders.The reserve is famous for some of the best preserved rare species like musk deer and boasts of fauna population. Alpather lake,also called frozen lake,continue to stay as it is till the month of June. Here the most astonishing part is ducks are seen walking on the lake instead of swimming. The area near Gulmarg Resort is about few kilometers from the market area and can be walked, skied.A taxi service is really inexpensive. There can be question in the minds of travelers about safety. There is possibility of terrorism and situation can change any time. but the situation can change at any time. Indian military are very friendly, polite people. There are good hotels in Gulmarg with basic and modern amenities. A stay in Gulmarg can make you feel to come again with your loved ones. Hotels in Gulmarg are spacious to make you feel comfortable. The region is popular among advanced and extreme skiers from around the world.
Travel Articles1. Top Things To Know About A Luxury Bahamas Yacht Wedding
Author: Alvin Strachan
2. Embrace The Romance With Lax Limo Car Service
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
3. Thailand Travel Tours Guide The Most Wonderful Places To Visit In Thailand
Author: Thailand Tour Packages
4. Enjoy Dubai Shopping Tours
Author: Dubai Shopping Tours
5. Including All Loved Ones With A Bachelor Party In Dc Via Dc Charter Bus
Author: David WILSON
6. 5 Destinations For Day Trips From Ho Chi Minh City
Author: Le Xuan Son
7. 4 Relaxing Activities That You Must Do On Your Grand Cayman Tour
Author: Michael Leacock
8. Best Fujairah Tours Services
9. Budget Annapurna Base Camp Trek - Best For Budget Travelers
Author: Info Nepal Trekking
10. Witness Enchanting Surroundings With Cheap Holidays To Hurghada
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
11. Acquire Legal Child Adoption Service In Nepal
12. How To Choose Your Vintage Wedding Car Hire In Dublin Smartly!
Author: Padraic O Reilly
13. How Do You Prepare For Cape Town Cycle Tour?
Author: Daily Scandinavian
14. 6 Tips For Discovering The Charisma Of Popular Nz Tour Attractions
Author: Damien McConnell
15. Enjoy The Classic Mera Peak Climbing With Your Friends And Family