ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Are There Enough Guest Houses In Katra ?
Total Articles: 76
Katra town, is 48 kms away from Jammu, serves as the base camp for pilgrims for visiting the famous Vaishno Devi. Lying in the foot of Trikuta mountains, every year visitors numbers has increased. The region having subtropical climate and temperature in summer is very high resulting in extreme heat and winter is very chilly and snowfall is a common feature. Due to the dazzling beauty of town apart from being famous for most sacred place it attracts large crowd from all over India. The other name of the town is Vaishno Devi as the shrine starts from Katra and is considered sacred by Hindus. The most attractive places apart from Vaishno Devi Shrine are Holy crave, the most attractive one and Shiv Khori, which is just few kilometers away. There is Baba Dhansar, a nice picnic spot where the nature’s beauty can grab your attention. People take the place as all year round destination and the best time to come here is between July and March. You should carry things like sunglasses, sandals, and umbrella in order to protect yourself and to enjoy the journey. There are plenty of hotels serving to the needs of middle class people. The region is having thriving tourism industry that offers enough guesthouses in Katra and there are free accommodation facility for the poor called as Sarais.
Several restaurants are there serving Indian, Chinese food. You can enjoy shopping for woolen garments, souvenirs etc. Guesthouses in Katra provides 24hrs room service, in house laundry, doctor on call etc. The nearest airport or railways station is in Jammu. For Vaishno Devi journey most devotees prefer to walk but palkis are also available for old people. When you reach there, numerous budget hotels in Katra are available for stay.The ideal stay option would be the one having proximity to shrine, bus station.To make the stay pleasant hotels also offers amenities like pick and drop from Banganga, power back up etc. and is customized for travelers. Nearby restaurants offers delicious food so one doesn’t have to worry for finding a good food outlet. The Kashmiri shawls are also a worth to purchase when you visit the local markets. Being a sacred place, onion and garlic food are not served here. The people climbing can sense it as spiritual experience making them ignore their pain and miseries. The luxurious hotel options are also there having spacious rooms, multi cuisine restaurant serving scrumptious meal, amphitheater etc. To plan your trip,meet with the travel agents and now a days packages like A Kashmiri retreat, Holy Vaishno Devi with beautiful Patnitop are available.
Travel Articles1. How To Make Cheap Holidays To Barbados Exciting
Author: Daisy Wilkinson
2. Enjoy Your Excursion Via Top Notch Peak Climbing In Nepal
3. Which Turkish City Should You Visit First, Istanbul Or Ankara?
4. Get Customized Everest Base Camp Trekking Packages Adventure Experience
5. Stansted Airport Taxi Services That Are Better Than The Best
Author: Jack Pero
6. Pick Nepal Trekking To Get Unforgettable Fun And Enjoyment Forever
Author: Life Himalaya Trekking
7. Enjoy Visiting Everest Base Camp Trek And Spend Holidays Happily
Author: Life Himalaya Trekking
8. Simple Travel List For Business Travelers
Author: Abinaya Kannan
9. Sri Lanka: How The Country Eventually Got Its Name?
Author: Sri Lanka Eta Visa
10. 4 Reasons To Drop Everything And Visit Melbourne, Australia
11. Pick The Reliable Gosaikunda Trekking And Have Adventure Skills
12. Get Amazing Entertainment In Everest Base Camp Trekking
13. Make Your Trekking Experience Highly Memorable By Planning For An Expedition
14. Enjoy Trekking In Nepal By Choosing The Best Trekking Company
15. Find Best Morocco Destination Management Company For A Wonderful Holiday Experience In Morocco