ALL >> Shopping-Product-Reviews >> View Article
Affordable Alternatives To Silver Jewelry
Total Articles: 10
When Silver Cannot Be Opted For
You might love the look of silver jewelry but might not prefer to buy it for several reasons. Silver prices are at an all time high; again, silver in its pure form is too soft and malleable. It will bend and be deformed in no time. Again, it tends to be tarnished over time. For more affordable options than silver with the same look and feel, you have choice between sterling silver and stainless steel jewelry. Both these alloys produce jewelry items that are silver in color, have a luster and shine and are durable items. They are used not only in making jewelry but everyday utensils and equipments as well.
What Is Sterling Silver
Sterling silver jewelry is formed of an alloy that consists of 92.5% silver and the rest of other metals like copper, nickel and others. Many sterling silver items have the marking “925” in order to denote the amount of silver content in them. This alloy is used in designing most silver jewelry items. It is durable and yet soft enough to be designed into intricate art work. This alloy is cheap and the resultant jewelry items are more affordable. However, a limitation of sterling silver is that it gets oxidized by the oxygen and water content in the atmosphere. Thus, it gets tarnished over time. One needs to care for such items by regularly polishing them with a soft cloth.
Stainless Steel And Its Uses
In case of stainless steel jewelry, this is an industrial grade alloy that has recently been introduced into the jewelry industry. As the modern design making techniques and equipments have advanced, jewelry designers have found ways to work on this alloy and bend it into different forms and designs. Stainless steel has many properties that make it ideal for jewelry design:
• It is durable
• Resistant to corrosion
Does not stain or react to any atmospheric element
Thus, this alloy is great for designing jewelry that will last for long but will be cheap to buy. It is often found in the unplated form and can be combined with other precious stones and metals to produce varied designs. The chromium oxide that is formed on the top of stainless steel adds a unique luster and shine to such jewelry. Men love the bulky styles in such jewelry as well the shine and luster in such accessories. It is being used increasingly in watches.
The Choices Of Modern Jewelry Designers
Thus, both these two alloys are common replacements for highly priced and pure silver jewelry. Most modern jewelry designers prefer working with such alloys as there is no problem with stains, scratches, corrosion or allergic reactions to such alloys. One will find a wide range of modern jewelry in such alloys. They are sold online at different department stores and jewelry brands. Order in such fashion jewelry and change them every day as per the outfit you are wearing.
Shopping/Product Reviews Articles1. Buy Platinum Wedding Rings Online
Author: Jewellery Cluster
2. Tips Every Mother Should Use To Buy Baby Diapers
Author: Harleen Kaur
3. Flowers From A Florist: Get High-quality And Custom Floral Designs In Charlottesville
Author: Randall Cash
4. Reap The Advantages Of Patio Furniture At Your Home
5. The Main Reason Behind The Motivation Of Women’s Clothing Choices
6. Why Would You Buy Bangles Online & Good Clutches Online?
Author: Shaze India
7. What You Need To Ask Yourself Before You Find A Florist?
Author: Mary Dann
8. Best Ways To Keep Your Eyes Protected This Summer
Author: Vikas Nehra
9. You Need A Florist To Rely On For Special Occasions
Author: Lynda Tatara
10. Essentials Of Shopify Dropshipping Business That You Must Know
Author: Robert King
11. Even Everyday Articles Can Stand Out From The Crowd
Author: Maria Gini
12. Things To Look For When You Buy Baby Wipes
Author: Harleen Kaur
13. A Guide To Choose Diapers For A Newborn Baby
Author: Harleen Kaur
14. Try Silver Rings For Men To Avoid Evils And To Receive Good Health!
Author: John Winslow
15. What To Wear And When To Wear – Jewelry Tips For Girls
Author: Michelle Diamond-Reece