ALL >> Business >> View Article
How To Extend Your Refrigerators Life Span
Total Articles: 16
Nowadays it seems that the cost of just about everything keeps going up and up and up. As a homeowner, it is your job to keep costs as minimal as possible when it comes to running the household. If the outdoor temperature lower than 75 degrees, then open the windows, and turn off the air conditioning, no need to continue cooling the already cool air.
What about your other household appliances, like washers, dryers, refrigerators, stoves, lights and more? How can you save money on overuse of these appliances, and reduce the energy output each month? The answer is in the right kind of care, maintenance and cleaning each major appliance in your home needs. Let’s look at what homeowners can do to extend the life of a refrigerator, while reducing the energy demands that it needs.
Cleaning and common sense maintenance are the right homeowner tools for refrigerators. With the right care, refrigerators should last several years before possibly needing appliance replacement parts. But until then, here are some tips for homeowners to make sure they consistently do with refrigerator maintenance.
- CLEAN: Many refrigerator models are cooled with condenser coils. Homeowners need to clean these refrigerator coils at least two to three times a year. Vacuum up dust, dirt, pet hair and other debris that form on the coils. If you don’t, the accumulative effect will make your refrigerator work harder, and use more energy to do that.
- LOCATION: Refrigerators are made to be positioned in a controlled climate. Really, it doesn’t make sense to put a refrigerator outdoors when the temperature in certain areas could reach 100 degrees or more in the summer. Refrigerators are meant to indoor use, so keep them away from direct sunlight, outdoor porches and more.
- POSITION: Never pin your refrigerator up against the back wall. Refrigerator coils need the ample air flow room around its back. That helps refrigerators to be cooled more completely and efficiently.
- SEALS: Refrigerator seals (aka gaskets) can become loose, stripped, dirty and otherwise unusable over time, especially in a busy home with lots of refrigerator door opens and shuts. Clean these seals with a light soapy mixture to remove built up gunk on the seals. This cleaning also helps eliminate cracking, dry spots and air leakage. If you see that there is cold air coming out of the refrigerator door, then it may be time to search online for a refrigerator gasket replacement.
- ITEMS: Packed refrigerators, especially in the freezer, need a lot more energy to cool or freeze the items. Don’t overload the freezer. Items needs to cool completely, and a packed freezer will halt that.
- DEFROST: Every quarter or so, take a day to turn off the fridge and defrost the ice buildup. Ice buildup should not be more than a quarter-inch, and certainly not half-inch. Your refrigerator will thank you.
That’s a solid overview of the types of common household cleaning and maintenance you need to take care of your refrigerator over the span of its operating life. However, when you need refrigerator replacement parts, click over to Appliance Parts Company. It’s got the parts you need to extend the lifetime of your household appliance.
Article Source: Appliance Parts Company
Business Articles1. Household Shifting Services In Bangalore Mumbai Unionpackers
2. How Can You Lower Your Lcl Sea Freight Costs?
3. How To Keep Yourself Safe While Working At Heights
4. Opportunities For The Global Gallium Arsenide Wafer Market To Reach $1.3 Billion By 2023
5. Floral Arrangement For The Perfect Summer Wedding
Author: John Miller
6. 5 Reasons Why Your Website Need Mobile App Development
Author: Anshul Sharma
7. A Gift For Planning Your Event
8. Why Is A Good Night Sleep Essential?
Author: Lewis Carroll
9. Sterlite Copper - The Journey Through Controversies
Author: Alanna Alberto
10. Enhancing Your Business Sales Using Wordpress
11. With Proper Training And Certificates, One Can Become An Expert Risk Manager
Author: George Hoover
12. Anand Enterprises
Author: Anand Enterprises
13. A Good Adwords Agency Is Things You Will Need For The Company!
Author: Magdalene Munter
14. Top Advantages Of Asphalt Seal Coating In Ontario
Author: Vadim Muravyev
15. Take Your Travel Experience Into Another Level By Exploring The Best Location Of India