ALL >> Business >> View Article
How To Extend Your Refrigerators Life Span
Total Articles: 16
Nowadays it seems that the cost of just about everything keeps going up and up and up. As a homeowner, it is your job to keep costs as minimal as possible when it comes to running the household. If the outdoor temperature lower than 75 degrees, then open the windows, and turn off the air conditioning, no need to continue cooling the already cool air.
What about your other household appliances, like washers, dryers, refrigerators, stoves, lights and more? How can you save money on overuse of these appliances, and reduce the energy output each month? The answer is in the right kind of care, maintenance and cleaning each major appliance in your home needs. Let’s look at what homeowners can do to extend the life of a refrigerator, while reducing the energy demands that it needs.
Cleaning and common sense maintenance are the right homeowner tools for refrigerators. With the right care, refrigerators should last several years before possibly needing appliance replacement parts. But until then, here are some tips for homeowners to make sure they consistently do with refrigerator maintenance.
- CLEAN: Many refrigerator models are cooled with condenser coils. Homeowners need to clean these refrigerator coils at least two to three times a year. Vacuum up dust, dirt, pet hair and other debris that form on the coils. If you don’t, the accumulative effect will make your refrigerator work harder, and use more energy to do that.
- LOCATION: Refrigerators are made to be positioned in a controlled climate. Really, it doesn’t make sense to put a refrigerator outdoors when the temperature in certain areas could reach 100 degrees or more in the summer. Refrigerators are meant to indoor use, so keep them away from direct sunlight, outdoor porches and more.
- POSITION: Never pin your refrigerator up against the back wall. Refrigerator coils need the ample air flow room around its back. That helps refrigerators to be cooled more completely and efficiently.
- SEALS: Refrigerator seals (aka gaskets) can become loose, stripped, dirty and otherwise unusable over time, especially in a busy home with lots of refrigerator door opens and shuts. Clean these seals with a light soapy mixture to remove built up gunk on the seals. This cleaning also helps eliminate cracking, dry spots and air leakage. If you see that there is cold air coming out of the refrigerator door, then it may be time to search online for a refrigerator gasket replacement.
- ITEMS: Packed refrigerators, especially in the freezer, need a lot more energy to cool or freeze the items. Don’t overload the freezer. Items needs to cool completely, and a packed freezer will halt that.
- DEFROST: Every quarter or so, take a day to turn off the fridge and defrost the ice buildup. Ice buildup should not be more than a quarter-inch, and certainly not half-inch. Your refrigerator will thank you.
That’s a solid overview of the types of common household cleaning and maintenance you need to take care of your refrigerator over the span of its operating life. However, when you need refrigerator replacement parts, click over to Appliance Parts Company. It’s got the parts you need to extend the lifetime of your household appliance.
Article Source: Appliance Parts Company
Business Articles1. Five Things You Could Be Doing Wrong While Choosing Your Renovations Team
Author: Stephen Kavita
2. Add Value To Your Lancaster Home With The Right Renovations & Remodeling
Author: Cory Frank
3. Get The Most Out Of Family Counseling
Author: Cory Frank
4. The Case For Composite Decking
Author: Blue Star Carpentry
5. Motivation & Support
6. What Is A Leased Line And Its Advantages
Author: Ketan Shah
7. Carpet Cleaning And Flood Damage Repair
8. General Description About Bolts
Author: Harpreet Chhabra
9. Garage Door Service Irvine
10. Carpet Cleaning In Tustin
11. Colorado Garage Door Company
12. Hollywood Hills Carpet Cleaners
13. Custom Home Bars Make The Perfect Spot For Your Home Parties
Author: Larry Lynch
14. Overview On Benefits Of Telco Cost Saving To Benchmark Your Business
Author: Amber Brake
15. Corona Del Mar Carpet Cleaning