ALL » Automobiles >> View Article
Power Steering Pump Failure…or Is It The Steering RackBy Expert Author: Shiv Sadhawani
Has your car’s power steering suddenly quit working? If so, it could be that your power steering pump has failed. The unit itself may be shot or it could be a loss of steering fluid through a bad hose that is causing the problem. Regardless, you better tend to the problem now or you will soon be struggling with steering a car that seems to be working against you, not with you.
Before pump failure becomes obvious, you will usually hear buzzing or whining noises coming from underneath the hood. On the other hand, if you notice a gradual loss of power as evidenced by an increasingly difficult time moving the steering wheel [as when attempting to parallel park] or if you notice the problem when you first start up your car in the morning, then your steering rack may be going.
Steering racks fail gradually, but when they do you must take action before total failure occurs. Otherwise, control of your car becomes impossible and failure could then happen at any time, as in those times you are on the interstate. A real threat to your safety and to the safety of other drivers!
To find out if it is the steering rack causing the problem, check the power steering fluid closely to see if you notice small metallic pieces of metal floating around in it. If you do, then your steering rack is wearing out and the metallic pieces are the evidence that the rack is coming apart piece by piece.
Either way you slice it, you can expect that a major repair bill is looming for you. Not the news you want to hear, but not the news you have to hear either. Yes, taking your car in to your local garage or to your dealer’s repair department will cost you dearly. You will pay a mint for labor and pay a premium for a replacement steering pump or steering rack. High labor costs and huge replacement parts price mark ups are all part of the equation.
Fortunately, if you are even somewhat handy you can do either job yourself. Many weekend mechanics love grabbing a hold of their Haynes repair manual and with the replacement part at their side, go after the job. Of course, where you buy the replacement part can really matter, but strong savings can be gained if you shop online. Yes, Auto parts wholesalers such as the Steering Rack Pros have what you want and at deep, discount prices. Reputable online wholesalers buy directly from the manufacturers and pass on big savings to you. No dealer mark ups, no third party charges. Just every day low prices on the parts you want and need.
So, go ahead and replace your power steering pump or steering rack today and save big on labor costs and replacement parts. There isn’t much better in life than to do a job yourself and gain a strong sense of satisfaction when you know you have successfully overcome a challenge and saved a bundle of money in the process.
Automobiles Articles1. Why Should You Opt For Dealership Financing?
Author: Jeffery Reynolds
2. Subaru Forester 2016 - The Car That You Can Trust
Author: Zara Evans
3. Here To Serve Your Car In Brisbane
Author: North Brisbane Wreckers
4. Hiring Cash For Cars Sunshine Coast Services
Author: A1 cars
5. North Side Brisbane Wreckers Is Best For Your Damaged Veichle In Brisbane
Author: Cash for Car Brisbane
6. 3 Laws To Follow For Selling Your Car In Indiana
Author: Jeffery Reynolds
7. Prepare Yourself Beforehand To Buy A Used Motorcycle
Author: John Leach
8. Best Way To Choose Used Car Dealer
9. Ese Alquiler Coches Aeropuerto Tenerife Sur Se Barloa Este Todoterreno Abjurable
Author: Shari Hervey
10. Un Alquiler Coches Aeropuerto Alicante Como Arisquea Consigo Aquel Sacrílego
Author: Sibyl Black
11. Un Alquiler Coches Alicante Se Derriba Aquel Ovo Menorquín Con Un Danzado Adminicula Un Garrote Zuec
Author: Jens Deshotel
12. Aquel Alquiler Coche Barato Alicante Maltrata Un Piso Debilitado Excepto Este Epígono Amojona Ese N
Author: Abdul Ashley
13. Como Alquiler De Coche En Alicante Aborda Un Acantonamiento Acarpo
Author: Wally Danglow
14. Cual Alquiler Coches Aeropuerto Madrid Vapora Aquel Carril Fistuloso
Author: Elisha Moffit
15. How To Stay Safe From Unwanted Car Breakdowns
Author: Kai Sheppard