ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Racing And The Street A Deadly Combination
Total Articles: 312
Street Racing seems like the most affordable way to get the Automotive adrenaline rush all us enthusiasts crave. What member of America's youth doesnt get off to hot girls, fast cars, and free rides? What seems like fun and games to some, hoewever, is serious business to others. Not only is racing on public streets illegal in all 50 states, it is the most dangerous and selfish act the youth of today is getting involved in.
Taking off after WWII when the youth returning from war had extra money and a need for speed to go with their new mechanical know-how, street racing quickly evolved into one of America's top killers in today's society. Inspired and revived by the Fast and the Furious movies, street racing has contributed to a frightening level of fatal crashes. Fatal crashes related to street racing has increased by more than 85% every year for the past 6 years. From 1999 to 2000, San Diego, CA has seen an increase of 97% of fatal crashes caused by street racing. Still sound like fun and games?
In the state of Florida, pedestrian injuries related to street racing has increased by 222 from 1999 to 2001. The leading cause of death for people ages 16-20 is automobile accidents. National averages show that for every 1000 street racers, there are 49 innocent by-standers who are injured or killed. So why do kids street race?
In the state of Florida, pedestrian injuries related to street racing has increased by 222% from 1999 to 2001. The leading cause of death for people ages 16-20 is automobile accidents. National averages show that for every 1000 street racers, there are 49 innocent by-standers who are injured or killed. So why do kids street race?
The average consequences for street racing are:
You will be arrested and have your car impounded for 30 days.
You will be arrested and have your car (or your parent's car!) permanently confiscated.
You can be imprisoned for up to three months and fined up to $1,000.
Your driver's license will be revoked.
Your car insurance rates will increase or you can be cancelled.
So America's youth still thinks drag racing is a more simple way to get the automotive high? All you need to race on an NHRA track is:
Valid driver's license
Valid vehicle registration and insurance
DOT-approved street legal tires
You need this stuff to ride on the street too! So the hard-ass, ignorant street racers out there need to save up 20 bucks and enjoy the legal and exciting atmosphere at their local drag strip.
Automobiles Articles1. Detailed Guide To Wash Your Car Properly With 2 Bucket Method And Car Wash Shampoo
Author: neel patel
2. How To Choose Best Gps Anti Car Theft Device?
Author: Randeep Kumar
3. A Mobile Roadworthy Certificate Centre May Come Handy While In A Hurry
Author: Luca Curtis
4. Customised Motorcycles Give The Rider A Style Statement
Author: Levi Fysh
5. Tips To Buy A High Mileage Car
6. Importance Of Learning Through Simulators
Author: Eesha Zaveri
7. How Technology Is Changing The Teaching Techniques Today?
Author: Eesha Zaveri
8. The Used Mercedes Benz Dealers In Miami Offers Best Collection For Your Choice
9. Taking Care Of Your Sydney Trailer
10. Advices To Get Auto Financing From Car Dealership
11. Travel Bike – Folding Bike Fits For Just Any Type Of Road!
Author: Paul Pinigis
12. Top 10 Popular Upcoming Bikes In India To Launch In 2017 & 2018
Author: Adaalo India
13. Rockman - Automotive Component, Two Wheeler Parts, Alloy Wheels & Drive Chain Manufacturers In India
Author: Rockman Industries
14. Top 5 Tips For A Successful Auto Repair Service
Author: Paul Zervos
15. Raceway Kia Brings New Ownership With A Trusted Name