ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Racing And The Street A Deadly Combination
Total Articles: 312
Street Racing seems like the most affordable way to get the Automotive adrenaline rush all us enthusiasts crave. What member of America's youth doesnt get off to hot girls, fast cars, and free rides? What seems like fun and games to some, hoewever, is serious business to others. Not only is racing on public streets illegal in all 50 states, it is the most dangerous and selfish act the youth of today is getting involved in.
Taking off after WWII when the youth returning from war had extra money and a need for speed to go with their new mechanical know-how, street racing quickly evolved into one of America's top killers in today's society. Inspired and revived by the Fast and the Furious movies, street racing has contributed to a frightening level of fatal crashes. Fatal crashes related to street racing has increased by more than 85% every year for the past 6 years. From 1999 to 2000, San Diego, CA has seen an increase of 97% of fatal crashes caused by street racing. Still sound like fun and games?
In the state of Florida, pedestrian injuries related to street racing has increased by 222 from 1999 to 2001. The leading cause of death for people ages 16-20 is automobile accidents. National averages show that for every 1000 street racers, there are 49 innocent by-standers who are injured or killed. So why do kids street race?
In the state of Florida, pedestrian injuries related to street racing has increased by 222% from 1999 to 2001. The leading cause of death for people ages 16-20 is automobile accidents. National averages show that for every 1000 street racers, there are 49 innocent by-standers who are injured or killed. So why do kids street race?
The average consequences for street racing are:
You will be arrested and have your car impounded for 30 days.
You will be arrested and have your car (or your parent's car!) permanently confiscated.
You can be imprisoned for up to three months and fined up to $1,000.
Your driver's license will be revoked.
Your car insurance rates will increase or you can be cancelled.
So America's youth still thinks drag racing is a more simple way to get the automotive high? All you need to race on an NHRA track is:
Valid driver's license
Valid vehicle registration and insurance
DOT-approved street legal tires
You need this stuff to ride on the street too! So the hard-ass, ignorant street racers out there need to save up 20 bucks and enjoy the legal and exciting atmosphere at their local drag strip.
Automobiles Articles1. Dealerships Are Your One Stop Shop
Author: haggerty Ford
2. The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Learning On Driving Simulators.
Author: Eesha Zaveri
3. Buy Miami Used Luxury Cars For Sale Within Your Budget
4. Know The Truth About For Vehicle Parts Exchange In Surrey
Author: Ewan Thorpe
5. Why Mot Test Is So Much Essential For Four-wheelers
Author: James Elston
6. Car Valeting The Reason That Has Kept You From Buying The New One
Author: Rhys Gibson
7. Gps Vehicle Tracking System
Author: Balu S
8. The Biggest Contribution Of Driving Coach In Chadstone To Humanity
Author: Mark Watson
9. Side By Side Comparison Between Readymade Motorcycle & Custom Chopper
Author: Levi Fysh
10. Benefits Of Leasing Your Next Car
11. Rockman - The Top Manufacturers Of Two Wheeler Parts & Automotive Component In India
Author: Rockman Industries
12. For Best Services Just Opt For Auto Repair Gainesville
Author: Berrisford Smith
13. 2017 Hyundai Accent: Top Reasons Why You Should Buy This Budget Car
Author: Allen Hyundai
14. Korea Tour – Proper Planning Should Be Done For Your Travel To Korea!
Author: Tommy Na
15. Trip To South Korea – Get An Affordable Korean Tour Package!
Author: Tommy Na