ALL >> Business >> View Article
The Technology Behind Led Bulbs
Total Articles: 7959
The traditional bulb will soon be history. Incandescents are inefficient and tend to lose more of their energy as heat. It’s definitely not popular any longer either on the economic or ecological front. The CFL replaced the incandescents and it is more energy efficient. However, it has some problems of its own. The main reason for this is that its design contains toxic mercury and it also throws-off a very unpleasant color at times that tends to give people headaches. These are the reasons why people are gravitating away from these traditional forms of lighting.
And thus when the mercury and lead-free LED bulbs entered the market, they were welcomed with open arms. Today they are used in almost all lighting applications. They are used in homes and offices, supermarkets and industries. They can be used in track lighting and as spot lighting. They are used in electronics and in mobile phones as well as in traffic lights and flashlights. They are highly energy efficient but have unfortunately not reached the popularity levels that they should have. This is primarily because they the initial cost of LED bulbs are higher than CFL’s.
In terms of technology, they are really perfect. They do not contain any toxic elements. They throw as much or as little light as you want and are available in dimmable versions. They are definite energy savers and thus environmentally friendly. Let’s take a look at how they work. So, how exactly do LED bulbs produce light? They are made with what is referred to as “solid-state lighting” technology. Incandescent bulbs emit their light from a complete vacuum and CFL from gas. On the other hand, SSL has a semiconductor and a piece of solid-matter that emits the light.
Though they do emit a lot of light, they are structured in such a manner that a lot of that light gets trapped in them. Traditionally, these bulbs will look a little dimmer than incandescent bulbs. Most people prefer their ceiling fixtures and lamps to be brighter and thus find that LED’s do not suit their requirement. However, the current-day LED’s that any LED light supplier will stock, have brightened up quite a lot. You will be able to find LED replacement bulbs that are quite bright. This makes them a good option for lighting needs in a residence.
You can buy all kinds of these bulbs from an LED light supplier. You can opt for track and spot lighting for living rooms and bedrooms and can also use spot lights for areas where task lighting is required. Kitchens and study areas generally require brighter and more open lighting as specific tasks are carried out there. On the other hand a bedroom can do with a little subdued lighting. You can also buy LED decorative and fairy lights for Christmas and party celebrations. Irrespective of the number of lights you use to light up the place, they will never heat up the atmosphere as they emit very cooling light.
Chinchin Lighting is an Led Light Supplier . They stock all varieties of http://www.chichinlighting.com/led-bulbs - Led Bulbs .
Business Articles1. Which Steps Are To Be Followed To Ensure Efficient Wastewater Recycling System
Author: Steve Cherng
2. Valhalla Mining Offers: What We Offer And Who We Are
3. Should I Invest In Bitcoin In 2017? Here’s What You Need To Know
4. Our Cryptocurrency Exchange And Bitcoin Mining Services Are The Best
5. How Does Cryptocurrency Ming And Bitcoin Mining Work?
6. Valhalla Mining - Service Overview, Technology, For Sellers, For Buyers The Benefits Of Cryptocurren
7. Can You Make Profit With Bitcoin And Cryptocurrency Mining? Is Bitcoin Mining And Cryptocurrency Min
8. A Beginners Guide To Cryptocurrency Mining: What Should You Know?
9. Popular Established Sites That Appreciate Bitcoins And Cryptocurrency Mining.
10. Disadvantages Of Cryptocurrency Mining
11. 4 Reasons Why Merchandising Plays An Important Role In Retail Sales
Author: Lily Alvin
12. Have You Ever Read About Digital Currency Mining?
13. Buying And Investing In Cryptocurrency
14. Elucidation Of Bitcoin Cloud Mining
15. Get Better Returns Than Stock Market And Real Estate Through Bitcoin Mining