ALL >> Food,-Cooking-and-Drink >> View Article
Practical Tips For Preserving Open Red Wine
Total Articles: 65
Finding empty bottles of red wine is better than seeing them left half-empty. It is because open red wines have the tendency to deteriorate due to its reaction to oxygen. It is always good to consume red wine once they are exposed to air; you may never be able to experience the same taste when you drink it days after.
There are times when you just can't avoid leaving opened red wine bottles for storage. When this happens, you have to implement measures that can help to protect the wine from getting exposed to oxygen. This will make your wine taste sour and not drinkable enough. To avoid this, here are a few practical tips that can help you preserve open red wine:
1. Always re-cork the bottle after each pour.
You can minimize the influence of oxygen on the wine if you keep the bottle closed. Even if you are determined to consume the contents of the bottle, you should always replace the cork or the bottle cap after pouring your glass. It is a good strategy just in case you change your mind about consuming your wine.
2. Keep the opened bottle away from light and store it in room temperature.
Light and heat do have an influence on the freshness of red wines. If you can store it in a refrigerator, its freshness and taste can even extend for a few more days. Low temperature slows down oxidation especially if it is placed in a tightly sealed container.
3. Store your opened wine bottle upright.
Keeping opened wine bottles upright minimizes exposure of your wine to oxygen. Storing opened bottles in a horizontal position exposes a large part of the wine to the air that's trapped inside the bottle.
4. Do not subject your wine to sudden temperature changes.
Exposing red wine to dramatic changes in temperature, like cold to hot, can damage even unopened wine. If you want to warm up a red wine bottle, you should use lukewarm water to prevent your wine from getting spoiled.
5. Transfer your wine to smaller bottles.
Containing leftover wine in smaller bottles minimizes the amount of oxygen that's trapped in the container. This can help to reduce or diminish oxidation and preserve the freshness and taste of your wine.
6. Use wine preserving tool to keep open wine fresh.
If you are a serious red wine enthusiast and you always find an open red wine in your household, buying a wine preserving tool such as a wine keeper can help you to always get the best from your wine for days. Preserving your wine allows you to drink it all with its flavor intact. It also helps you to avoid wasting money.
Before you purchase a wine preservation system, you should have an idea what to buy. Ask around and solicit suggestions from friends. Some of these gadgets just don't work as expected.
For your additional information, here are the types of red wines that easily deteriorate once they are exposed:
1. Pinot Noir
2. Old red wines - wines over 10-years-old
3. Organic or sulfite-free wines
These are some of the practical tips that can help you enjoy your red wine for three or more days.
Stephen John is a food and wine enthusiast who blogs about food, wine, and culture. He loves to travel and try exotic cuisines of different countries. Stephen says that if you want to buy red blends wine, you may visit this now for details.
Food, Cooking and Drink Articles1. Kids Birthday Cakes Are Something Special From Cake.lk
2. Water Company Perth Advice: Be Aware Of Water Intoxication
Author: Alan Scott
3. Spring Water Suppliers Advice On Locating Your Water Cooler
Author: Alan Scott
4. Paper Plates For An Eco-friendly Lifestyle
Author: Anupreeta Chatterjee
5. Enjoy The Real Taste Of Greek Delicacy With Lamb Souvlaki
Author: Mitchell Dundalli
6. Nyc Catering For Your Office | Tour Catering Nyc
7. Reasons You Should Go To American Restaurants In London Right Now
Author: Mathew Gomes
8. Easy To Make 8 Juice Recipes At Home That’s Worth Tasting
Author: Sunny Sharma
9. Trending Technologies Of Food Ordering Business In 2017
10. Regular Pizza Vs Gluten-free Pizza: Which One Is The Best For You?
Author: Patricia Ezell
11. Taste A Little Of Mexico With These Delicious Cheese Quesadilla And More
Author: Shivani Shetty
12. Importance Of Restaurant Mobile App
Author: Apps Marche
13. Kitchen Utility
14. Jabalpur Cake Delivery
Author: Neha Prabhakar
15. Bringing True Excellence To The Table
Author: Vivek Gupta