ALL » Others >> View Article
Sell DiamondsBy Expert Author: john dugdale
Very few people buy diamonds or jewelry with a view to selling them. Often, diamond rings, pendants and brooches may have immense antique, heirloom or sentimental value and people preserve them more for the memories they're associated with rather than their intrinsic value. These items have a strong emotional content attached to them, which is why people tend to cling to them even in hard times.
However, in today's global financial meltdown, many people are taking stock of their assets and evaluating their real value in more practical terms. Diamonds are one of the most valuable and rare precious stones and their rarity only makes them more expensive. Instead of having odd bits and pieces of diamond jewelry or loose stones lying in a safe or bank vault, they could be converted into ready cash which can pay for your mortgages, buying a dream home or boat, pay for a holiday or medical expenses, your kids' education etc.
Yet, we often find that we're at a disadvantage when we're selling something rather than buying it. A diamond that was bought for a particular price may not fetch you the same price when you put it up for sale. Often, heirlooms and old diamonds may not have certification and hence they're subject to valuation by jewelry experts. There's every chance of you being ripped off if you don't go to the right people for valuation. Broken or damaged stones don't fetch as high a rate as intact ones.
Generally, diamonds are valued on the basis of the Four C's – color, cut, clarity and carat. The prices vary according to these four properties. All these are established when the diamond is initially valued and unless you have the original certification, you could be taken for a ride by unscrupulous firms or individuals. However, in the absence of such certificates, an ethical and trustworthy company will definitely do a proper assessment and give you the right value.
Many well-established firms have their own websites which provide all the necessary information regarding selling diamonds. You can request an on-line quote based on the guidelines provided. Free valuations are also provided. Once you're satisfied with the quote, you can either ship your diamonds to them or visit their premises personally. Your diamonds will be tested and the cash given to you immediately. This makes it a very convenient, easy and comfortable transaction. The usual mark-up or depreciation associated with retail trade or jewelry stores is absent here.
Hence, get your diamonds to work for you instead of lying idle in the dark corner of a safe or jewelry box!
Others Articles1. Spinal Injury Survivor Gene Laureano Walks Once Again
2. Couple Retreat Program Nagpur
Author: Avinash Deoskar
Author: Amit Malviya
4. Why You Should Entrust Professional Local Movers In Virginia?
Author: John Ism
5. Delhi – A Place With Historic Heritage And Getaways
Author: Aditya Singh
6. How Driving Simulators Can Change The Game Today
Author: Eesha Zaveri
7. Ese Alquiler Coches Lanzarote Cuanto Convulsiona Amén Un Permiso
Author: Penny Lake
8. El Alquiler Coche Aeropuerto Alicante Jengibre Alufra Una Tolerante
Author: Marco Keldie
9. Top Eight Important Tips To Simplify Your Wedding Ceremony Brilliantly
Author: Anny Thomas
10. Que Alquiler Coches Aeropuerto Alicante Se Afistula Ese Raquis Absorto
Author: Kristina Speckman
11. Este Alquiler Coche Alicante Se Adecenta Este Marmolejo Mamífero Bajo El Trasbordo Enrona Aquel Anes
Author: Clinton Harton
12. Introduction To Capacitors And How They Can Be Purchased
13. Search Engine Marketing In Kitchener Ontario - What Is It And How Can It Help You?
Author: Nick Watson
14. Your Skin And How It Should Be Taken Care Of
Author: Rutuja Gupta
15. Things You Must Consider While Choosing Your Call Girl
Author: Prachi Rai