ALL >> Others >> View Article
Total Articles: 2
Very few people buy diamonds or jewelry with a view to selling them. Often, diamond rings, pendants and brooches may have immense antique, heirloom or sentimental value and people preserve them more for the memories they're associated with rather than their intrinsic value. These items have a strong emotional content attached to them, which is why people tend to cling to them even in hard times.
However, in today's global financial meltdown, many people are taking stock of their assets and evaluating their real value in more practical terms. Diamonds are one of the most valuable and rare precious stones and their rarity only makes them more expensive. Instead of having odd bits and pieces of diamond jewelry or loose stones lying in a safe or bank vault, they could be converted into ready cash which can pay for your mortgages, buying a dream home or boat, pay for a holiday or medical expenses, your kids' education etc.
Yet, we often find that we're at a disadvantage when we're selling something rather than buying it. A diamond that was bought for a particular price may not fetch you the same price when you put it up for sale. Often, heirlooms and old diamonds may not have certification and hence they're subject to valuation by jewelry experts. There's every chance of you being ripped off if you don't go to the right people for valuation. Broken or damaged stones don't fetch as high a rate as intact ones.
Generally, diamonds are valued on the basis of the Four C's – color, cut, clarity and carat. The prices vary according to these four properties. All these are established when the diamond is initially valued and unless you have the original certification, you could be taken for a ride by unscrupulous firms or individuals. However, in the absence of such certificates, an ethical and trustworthy company will definitely do a proper assessment and give you the right value.
Many well-established firms have their own websites which provide all the necessary information regarding selling diamonds. You can request an on-line quote based on the guidelines provided. Free valuations are also provided. Once you're satisfied with the quote, you can either ship your diamonds to them or visit their premises personally. Your diamonds will be tested and the cash given to you immediately. This makes it a very convenient, easy and comfortable transaction. The usual mark-up or depreciation associated with retail trade or jewelry stores is absent here.
Hence, get your diamonds to work for you instead of lying idle in the dark corner of a safe or jewelry box!
Others Articles1. Enjoy It With Photo Booth!
Author: William is the author of this article.
2. Bring Life With Amazing Gifts!
Author: William is the author of this article
3. Wide-ranging Benefits From The Best Wine In India
Author: Avishek Roy
4. Contact For Professional Wedding Photographers In Hyderabad
5. Apoyos Para Emprendedores 2017
6. Shared Ownership Of Property In India? Know The Legal Remedy To Deal With It!
Author: saima joseph
7. Nine Things You Should Pay Careful Attention To Before Investing Your Money In A Wire Rope
Author: Shilpa Sharma
8. Reasons Why Should Anyone Choose A Profession Like Call Girl
Author: Anmalika Roy
9. What Are The Benefits Of Led Tvs?
Author: tanjni pache
10. Signs That Your Dog Needs To See A Veterinarian In Woodbridge
Author: Adam Smith is the author of this article.
11. Video Production Services Atlanta – Go Through The Portfolio Before Hiring A Video Production Atlant
Author: William Brown
12. 5 Success Tips To Achieve Your Goals And Ambitions
Author: George smith
13. Portable Street Umbrellas Comes In Wide Designs
Author: Street Umbrellas Australia
14. Sleeping Habits Of Zodiac Moon Signs And Ideas For Improvement
Author: Vinay Bajrangi
15. Handyman Services - A Necessity In Your Household
Author: handy helper