ALL >> Internet-Marketing >> View Article
You May Be Doing Harm To Your Site By Making These Seo Mistakes
Total Articles: 4
It's a good idea to use SEO so that the search engines rank your site. We will be looking at some of the SEO mistakes that less experienced marketers often make.
One typical SEO pitfall is overdoing it when it comes to adding your keywords to content on your site. It's important to maintain the keyword density of your content and keep it down to 4% to 5%. The search engines don't like to see keywords repeated too often and when they see this, it could make them see your site as low quality and your rank will suffer. Make sure that your keywords are targeted to the topic of your website. And when you feel the need to re-use the keyword, try using its synonyms instead because this would give you thumbs up with the search engines, since they use a technology called LSI or Lateral Semantic Indexing. Whatever you do, avoid stuffing your content with your keywords, as this is an SEO mistake that will be noticed by the search engines. Always be sensible when adding keywords to your content. Poor quality content, either because it's irrelevant or not having the right keyword density, will only harm your site. You should also prioritize the placement of your main keyword and make sure it matches your site's topic. Attending to these matters is how you will be able to rank well for the long term. Another mistake is ignoring the power of internal linking and only focusing on getting outbound links. Making optimal use of internal linking can help your site a lot, as this is something the search engines favor, as on sites such as Wikipedia. There are many reasons why search engines favor sites that have good internal linking but the biggest is that when you have a good network of internal links, it shows that your site is resourceful and people will be able to find what they want on it easily by following these links. And achieving this is not a big deal, since all you need to know is what keywords to include in your anchor text and what pages you're linking to. When you do this, of course, it has to be done in a way that makes sense. Your internal linking network has to make sense to both the search engines and the people who visit your site.
A common but potentially damaging mistake is to create too many backlinks too soon. This is a surefire way of getting the search engines to become suspicious of you. Avoid getting a huge number of links in an unnatural way, and stick to creating them using above board techniques. Doing this is likely to cause you serious problems with the search engines, such as having your site disappear from the listings. The search engines look out for sites that get too many links in a short time, and this shows them that you are using some kind of blackhat strategy. Not a good thing when you're trying to create a lasting relationship with them. To summarize, as you move ahead you will find many more SEO mistakes, the ones discussed are just the tip of the iceberg.
look at this website for up to datewebsite developmenta good site full of really useful information.
Internet Marketing Articles1. Q&a | Answering All The Faqs About Social Media Aggregators
Author: Alex Watts
2. Avail Internet Marketing Companies In Pune Services To Reach Your Online Business Objectives
3. On Facebook…and The Shifty Home-business Generation
Author: Hannah George
4. Local Seo In Waterloo Ontario - Sizing Up The Competition
Author: Nick Watson is the author of this article
5. 4 Trends In The Digital Marketing Sphere That Will Help You Generate More Sales
Author: Joseph Symons
6. Bulk Sms Reselling Business Oppurtunity – Smsjosh
7. Important Factors To Consider While Enlisting For Online Construction Directory
Author: John Tremblay
8. Custom Mobile Development For Businesses
Author: Paul Wright
9. Plug Your Business Into The Digital Age With 180 Fusion
10. Pay Per Click Management Service To Take Your Business To The Next Level
11. Pasadena Web Development
Author: web design pasadena
12. A Few Effective Tips To Ensure Best Operation Of Your Business Site
Author: Bit Zenith
13. 7 Ways Personal Reputation Management Services Help You Create A Strong Online Presence
Author: AKS Interactive
14. Email Automation An Effective Way For Engaging Customers
15. The Point To Point Guide To Boosting Your Google Rankings Without Getting Penalized