ALL >> Health >> View Article
The Arguments For And Against Abortion
Total Articles: 73
The number of abortions has only headed northwards down the years. There are two views on whether women should have the choice of undergoing an abortion or not. Some people are against abortion and want it to be banned totally while some others feel abortion in a necessity at times. There is not a definite well marked out line between the arguments of two sides. No other medical process has sparked so much controversy or debate as abortion has and the debate over this topic perhaps never comes to an end. It is important that one should be aware of abortion procedures and the resulting complications when making the decision regarding your pregnancy. You should take both sides into consideration as has been mentioned below.
Pro-Life Arguments - Against abortion
• Life begins at conception. So abortion is akin to murder of human life.
• No civilized society ever permits one person to harm or take life intentionally without punishment. Abortion is in no way different than taking one's life.
• Abortion cannot be used as another form of contraception.
• Women should take precautions in preventing the unwanted pregnancy risk through the use of contraception.
• Many women who choose abortion are either minors or young women without the knowledge to understand what they are doing.
• Due to medical complications that arises during abortion procedures many people will have lifelong regrets afterwards.
• Abortion process causes intense stress and psychological pain.
Pro-Choice - Arguments for Abortion
• Usually abortions takes place in the first trimester, when the foetus cannot have an independent existence. The foetal health, of course, depends a lot on the health of the mother and cannot be regarded as a separate entity. Hence abortion is not a crime.
• Human life occurs at conception, but the eggs used for in vitro fertilization (which are not implanted) are thrown away in routine way.
• Like any other difficult conditions, abortion creates stress. There is no evidence for post-abortion syndrome.
• Teenagers who become mothers at young age have grim prospect for their future. They are much more likely to leave school and develop health problems or end up divorced.
You need to look at a variety of reasons and a look at both the sides before you judge and form your opinion. After all, you do not always see what's there. Looking at both the aspects, we can see that abortion can be a necessity at times especially when there might be a danger to the life of the mother.
Abortion Procedures ... Please Visit our website for more information: http://www.womenscenter.com/medical_chemical_abortion.html
Health Articles1. Must Ask Questions When Meeting A Dentist
Author: Donnell Nash
2. Natural Skincare And Beauty Supplements For Healthy And Glowing Skin
Author: NAVEEN KHANDELWAL
3. What To Look For A Dentist?
Author: Donnell Nash
4. Can Bpas Damage A Healthy Member?
Author: John Dugan
5. Sticking To Healthy Habits With The Help Of Yoga
Author: Gary Martin
6. Raise Your Efforts With Weight Gainer Supplements
Author: Anabolic Nutrition
7. Signs To Look Out For If You Have A Prolapsed Uterus
Author: Kalptaru Herbal Therapy Centre
8. A Glass Of Milk A Day Keeps Doctor Away
Author: Namit Malgaonkar
9. The Hearing Aids Siemens Are Available In Best Quality And Price To Restore Your Hearing Ability
10. Superfood Supplements- For All Your Nutrition Needs
Author: Shashi Kant Shukla
11. Dental Hygiene Information You Won't Locate In Other Places
Author: Bob Smith
12. Getting Knee Pain Treatment At Parijatak
Author: Dr. Nitesh Khonde
13. Is Invisalign The Right Treatment For Adults?
Author: James Franklin
14. 1st Global Community Of Indian Clinicians - Docstop
Author: Vijay Lokhande
15. Hypothyroidism Rampant In India - Freedom Age
Author: Dr Kalpana Gupta Sekhawat