ALL >> General >> View Article
6 Things To Know About Grounding Rods
Total Articles: 2
When we talk about grounding rods the basic question that strikes everyone is – what is a grounding rod? - Grounding rods are that thing s which connects the grounding systems of the electrical systems to the ground.
This article will let you know the 6 basic points before you start installing the copper grounding rod:
• What should be the length of the ground rods?
The copper grounding rod needs to be of 8' and 10' lengths, however the 8-inch ground rod is the common size used for the residential purpose. It is a rule that the ground rod needs to be an 8 inches long, so that they do not cut off from the middle. If you are having a very dry ground at your place, then you must consider the grounding clamps that will help you to stack the ground rods.
• What should be the diameter of the grounding rods?
The second basic point about which you have to keep a viable knowledge is the thickness of the sectional earthing rod. As they are going to come in varying thickness which includes - 3/8", 1/2", 3/4", and 1". However, the minimum registered diameter is 3/8".
• What would be the type of the grounding wire?
We know there are many type of wires that includes copper, aluminum etc. However, among all copper grounding rod connects the earth ground in a better way. The ground wire often refereed as the grounding electrode conductor is the link between ground rod and the service rod connection. In this case, we use a wire to establish the connection but a larger wire cam obviously used to set up a bigger connection. In the large electrical service installation, you will be requiring a large ground wire.
• You need to what are grounding clamps
The grounding clamps are repeatedly used to connect the grounding electrode to the ground rod. You will find some mechanical clamps with setscrews to tight the clamps with the sectional earthing rod. You must not install the 4-inch ground rod, which is often sold out for grounding things like TV antennas and other electrical appliances. In order to protect the equipments, install copper grounding rod of proper length. The shorter the rods they may be easier to install, but that’s illegal and the grounding system will fail if you use.
• Why you must use cad welds?
It is necessary to use the cad welds if you are using the sectional earthing rod for industrial installations. As they are the most secured and reliable grounding connection, in order to use this connection a mold and shot of molding mixture is used. This mold when clamped with the ground rod helps to give a firm support to the ground rod.
• Where will you use grounding system?
Yes, this is the obvious question that the reader must have when we talk about grounding their appliances. You must use grounding system in all possible things. You can ground the electrical boxes, devices, tools, equipment and water pipes (not in plastic water lines).
Here is a normal guide for every user, so have grounding system installed today.
George Smith is the author of this article. He has vast knowledge in grounding rod systems. In this article he has shared a brief details about earth rod industry.
General Articles1. Considering Setting Up An Agribusiness? Take A Look At The Following Aspects!
2. Airforce Heating In Calgary Serves Best Quality Furnace Service
Author: Jason Brown
3. What You Will Learn Ansys Training Course?
4. The Use Of Swimming Pool Noodle In New York
Author: The Original Designer Noodle
5. Music Lessons Winnipeg – Winnipeg Drum Lessons Can Make Your Kid More Positive!
Author: Swawn Coughlin
6. Shree Industries Is Pioneer In Manufacturing And Supplying Of Stone Crusher Plant In Pune
Author: GANESH MAHADEO ZIRPE
7. One Week Filmmaking Workshop By Rfs
8. Unique Engineering | Pune | Dealer/distributor/trader
9. Best Manufacturer And Service Provider Of Solar And Led Light Products In Pune | Arham Electronics A
Author: Arham Electronics and Electricals
10. Jewar Airport To Boost Greater Noida's Real Estate Market And The Hemisphere Is Poised To Take Off!
Author: The Hemisphere
11. Les Rendements De Modèle à Partir Des Racks
12. Type And Application Of High Strength Api Steel Pipe
Author: threeway steel
13. How Diabetes Damages Your Health
Author: Sushruth Ayurved
14. Top Five Summer Rentals In Westhampton Beach
Author: Jennier Clark
15. Warranty And Service Contract Management Solution Software
Author: Shophia Pena