ALL >> General >> View Article
6 Things To Know About Grounding Rods
Total Articles: 2
When we talk about grounding rods the basic question that strikes everyone is – what is a grounding rod? - Grounding rods are that thing s which connects the grounding systems of the electrical systems to the ground.
This article will let you know the 6 basic points before you start installing the copper grounding rod:
• What should be the length of the ground rods?
The copper grounding rod needs to be of 8' and 10' lengths, however the 8-inch ground rod is the common size used for the residential purpose. It is a rule that the ground rod needs to be an 8 inches long, so that they do not cut off from the middle. If you are having a very dry ground at your place, then you must consider the grounding clamps that will help you to stack the ground rods.
• What should be the diameter of the grounding rods?
The second basic point about which you have to keep a viable knowledge is the thickness of the sectional earthing rod. As they are going to come in varying thickness which includes - 3/8", 1/2", 3/4", and 1". However, the minimum registered diameter is 3/8".
• What would be the type of the grounding wire?
We know there are many type of wires that includes copper, aluminum etc. However, among all copper grounding rod connects the earth ground in a better way. The ground wire often refereed as the grounding electrode conductor is the link between ground rod and the service rod connection. In this case, we use a wire to establish the connection but a larger wire cam obviously used to set up a bigger connection. In the large electrical service installation, you will be requiring a large ground wire.
• You need to what are grounding clamps
The grounding clamps are repeatedly used to connect the grounding electrode to the ground rod. You will find some mechanical clamps with setscrews to tight the clamps with the sectional earthing rod. You must not install the 4-inch ground rod, which is often sold out for grounding things like TV antennas and other electrical appliances. In order to protect the equipments, install copper grounding rod of proper length. The shorter the rods they may be easier to install, but that’s illegal and the grounding system will fail if you use.
• Why you must use cad welds?
It is necessary to use the cad welds if you are using the sectional earthing rod for industrial installations. As they are the most secured and reliable grounding connection, in order to use this connection a mold and shot of molding mixture is used. This mold when clamped with the ground rod helps to give a firm support to the ground rod.
• Where will you use grounding system?
Yes, this is the obvious question that the reader must have when we talk about grounding their appliances. You must use grounding system in all possible things. You can ground the electrical boxes, devices, tools, equipment and water pipes (not in plastic water lines).
Here is a normal guide for every user, so have grounding system installed today.
George Smith is the author of this article. He has vast knowledge in grounding rod systems. In this article he has shared a brief details about earth rod industry.
General Articles1. Reasons To Get Your Archery Equipment From A Reputed Bows Shop
Author: Zack Ayala
2. The Best All-in-one Printers At Offix
Author: kiven Sea
3. Carbon Folding Bike – Lightweight Folding Bike Is More Comfortable!
Author: Paul Pinigis
4. Freeze Your Big Day With The Perfect Wedding Photography In Sydney
Author: parveen kumar
5. Symptoms That Raise Pancreatic Cancer Alarm Bells
6. Als Sieger Des Ultimativen Prom-pakets Im März
7. Masonry Contractor - Bricks, Mortar, Stone, And More
Author: Cory Frank
8. Reasons Why You Should Hire A Commercial Photographer In Sydney
Author: Roman Wolczak Photographer
9. Masonry & Landscaping Maintenance Specialists - Make Your Home Exteriors Look Beautiful
Author: Cory Frank
10. World Best Online Marketing Website
Author: World Best Online Marketing website
11. Picking The Best Holiday Package Deals
Author: parveen kumar
12. Unsung Heroes Awarded For Serving The Community
13. Best Packers And Movers From Kanpur, Top Packers And Movers In India
14. 2 Reasons Equipment Leasing Comes In Handy When Running A Food Service Business
15. Hire A Travel Agent & Get Maximum Benefit
Author: Richad Johnson