ALL >> General >> View Article
6 Things To Know About Grounding Rods
When we talk about grounding rods the basic question that strikes everyone is – what is a grounding rod? - Grounding rods are that thing s which connects the grounding systems of the electrical systems to the ground.
This article will let you know the 6 basic points before you start installing the copper grounding rod:
• What should be the length of the ground rods?
The copper grounding rod needs to be of 8' and 10' lengths, however the 8-inch ground rod is the common size used for the residential purpose. It is a rule that the ground rod needs to be an 8 inches long, so that they do not cut off from the middle. If you are having a very dry ground at your place, then you must consider the grounding clamps that will help you to stack the ground rods.
• What should be the diameter of the grounding rods?
The second basic point about which you have to keep a viable knowledge is the thickness of the sectional earthing rod. As they are going to come in varying thickness which includes - 3/8", 1/2", 3/4", and 1". However, the minimum registered diameter is 3/8".
• What would be the type of the grounding wire?
We know there are many type of wires that includes copper, aluminum etc. However, among all copper grounding rod connects the earth ground in a better way. The ground wire often refereed as the grounding electrode conductor is the link between ground rod and the service rod connection. In this case, we use a wire to establish the connection but a larger wire cam obviously used to set up a bigger connection. In the large electrical service installation, you will be requiring a large ground wire.
• You need to what are grounding clamps
The grounding clamps are repeatedly used to connect the grounding electrode to the ground rod. You will find some mechanical clamps with setscrews to tight the clamps with the sectional earthing rod. You must not install the 4-inch ground rod, which is often sold out for grounding things like TV antennas and other electrical appliances. In order to protect the equipments, install copper grounding rod of proper length. The shorter the rods they may be easier to install, but that’s illegal and the grounding system will fail if you use.
• Why you must use cad welds?
It is necessary to use the cad welds if you are using the sectional earthing rod for industrial installations. As they are the most secured and reliable grounding connection, in order to use this connection a mold and shot of molding mixture is used. This mold when clamped with the ground rod helps to give a firm support to the ground rod.
• Where will you use grounding system?
Yes, this is the obvious question that the reader must have when we talk about grounding their appliances. You must use grounding system in all possible things. You can ground the electrical boxes, devices, tools, equipment and water pipes (not in plastic water lines).
Here is a normal guide for every user, so have grounding system installed today.
George Smith is the author of this article. He has vast knowledge in grounding rod systems. In this article he has shared a brief details about earth rod industry.
General Articles1. Post Market Surveillance Needs To Be Robust To Avoid Penal Regulatory Action
Author: Event Manager
2. Manav Infra Projects: Experts In Infrastructure Development Domain In India!
Author: Manav Infra
3. Why Branding Is A Non Negotiable Investment In The Fresh Produce (ffv) Space!
Author: Asha Sampath
4. Cavity Wax - Things You Should Be Aware Of!
Author: Efrain Rivas
5. What's The Difference Between Water Purification And Water Filtration?
Author: Ring Hot Water
6. Enjoy Pattaya Golf Course On Thailand Golf Tour
Author: Hanah Chen
7. Seeking Online Success - Hire Social Media Advertising Agency
8. Why Are Water Jets So Important?
Author: Colin Sponias
9. Cheap T-shirt Printing As Per Your Desire
Author: parveen kumar
10. What Are The Benefits Of Different Types Of Fans?
Author: Nanshi Pacheco
11. What You Don’t Know About Tiki Bars?
Author: Scott McCauley
12. Ethical Link Building Strategies Without The Seo Risks
Author: Swadesh Das
13. Advanced Travel Trends To Anticipate For In Year 2017
Author: Kundan Sharma
14. Visa For New Zealand
15. Get The Right Shape Of Your Need From The Cut And Sew Manufacturers
Author: parveen kumar