ALL >> Travel >> View Article
World's Favorite Cities Revealed In Global Study
Total Articles: 1
If you are planning to visit the next metropolis you might want to buy travel insurance to protect your investment. The latest global study from Ipsos MORI may give you a clear indication of what cities are popular with international travelers. In its latest survey, the market research organization revealed the world's most favorite cities, the best cities to live in, Europe's top cities, the best cities to conduct business in and the best cities to visit.
During the course of the survey, Ipsos MORI questioned 18,000 people in 24 countries worldwide, making this the largest survey of its kind. Each individual who participated in the survey was asked to choose from a tally of 48 major international travel destinations in the respective categories. London and New York were the only two cities to enter the top five in every category, showing once again the staying power of these cosmopolitan hubs.
New York was deemed the best place to do business and Zurich was voted as the best place to live, while the charming city of Paris was understandably picked as the best place to visit. London emerged as the top European city overall, which should come as no surprise after its massive international exposure following the most recent and wildly successful hosting of the 2012 Olympic Games in the English capital. Other notable international travel destinations that made the list of the best cities to visit included New York, Rome, London and Sydney. Abu Dhabi, a burgeoning hub in the United Arab Emirates, was a surprising newcomer to the world's favorite cities list, coming in at No. 4. For many years, the city has been slowly climbing in popularity with travelers, but typically remained in the shadows due to its neighboring city, Dubai.
According to The Independent, Ben Page, the chief executive of Ipsos, announced the results of the survey to the Foreign Press Association in London."There are a handful of 'super-brand' cities. New York is the clear leader, but London and Paris, in joint second place, do very well indeed," Page said. If you are looking for a new spot to visit, London may be calling. You may want to consider purchasing travel insurance to protect your vacation investment. According to this latest poll, you do not have to leave the United States to visit one of the world's most favorite cities. The Big Apple could be an excellent travel destination for your next vacation.
For more information about travelers insurance, please visit http://www.travelexinsurance.com.
Travel Articles1. Experiencing Bollywood Fantasy Dubai
Author: Dalphine Wanjiru
2. Summer In Dubai With Burj Khalifa Tickets
Author: Dalphine Wanjiru
3. Nhai Plans Four-lane Highway In Telangana Under Bharatmala
4. Hotel Reservation Software Can Increase Sales
5. An Encounter With The Ancient Maori Culture Of Tauranga In New Zealand
Author: Roger Simister
6. Hire Cheap Heathrow Airport Taxi Simply Online
7. Get The Best Pleasure Out Of Mombasa Day Trip In A True Safari Nation Kenya
Author: Jennifer Njoki Gaithuma
8. Hire Cheap London Airport Transfer Now With The Click Of A Button
9. Promising Effort By Brazil Tour Company Makes Your Trip To Brazil Memorable
Author: Anna Avanesova
10. Factors On Choosing Van Hire Landing Page In Bilston
Author: Jack William
11. How To Save More Money With Car Rental In Maui
Author: Vikram Kumar
12. The Everest Base Camp Trek - Strong, But Hugely Rewarding
Author: Sudip Shahi
13. Pearl Farm In Samal Island
Author: OUR 7107 ISLANDS
14. Plan The Destination Wedding With The Best Vacation Sells Off And Makes Memories Of A Lifetime
Author: Sam Patel
15. Oman Tourist Visa By Oman-e-visa