ALL >> Computers >> View Article
Useful Points For Developers Getting Into Google Glass App Development
Total Articles: 15
Google Glass is the latest addition from Google in the field of augmented-reality wearable mobile devices, which has tempted many developers involved in Android application development to try and develop apps for this revolutionary gadget from Google. Of course, this most awaited and futuristic product is still under testing and development stage, and it is receiving mixed reviews from the developers as well as from the testers.
Despite of all the mixed reviews, Google Glass has heated up the market and has already created a powerful presence in the market. There is no denying that Google Glass is totally different from any other mobile devices we’ve seen till date. Therefore, developing apps for Google Glass is also different from conventional Android application development.
So, what are the nitty-gritty things you should follow and what’re the critical mistakes you should avoid while developing apps for Google Glass? Let’s have a few do’s and don’ts you should follow while developing apps for Google Glass.
• Design only keeping in mind the Google Glass
While developing apps for this amazing product, one should always keep in mind that Google Glass is totally different from the rest of the mobile devices and platforms. It is built differently and serves a totally different purpose than any other mobile devices. One should also understand that is is nothing but a small wearable device, that is going to be placed just about one inch away from the right eye. You should ideally test your app on the actual device, so as to ensure that you are optimizing the entire experience for the end-user.
• Design for the end-users
The users of Google Glass are totally different; they won’t behave like a typical mobile user. Make sure you’ve a clear idea about the users’ right to privacy and never make them bore through unnecessary notifications in front of their eye. Try to develop your app keeping in mind the user requirements and build an app in such a way that it encourage users to interact with it whenever they want.
• Make it relevant
Make sure you keep your app as much relevant as possible and up to date while ensuring that the information is more current to your user. While developing apps for Glass, one should consider to build notification type of apps as they are more suitable for such devices while keeping the content fresh for the users. Make sure to reach your content in a timely, expected fashion.
• Avoid any unexpected issues
Avoid using unexpected notifications and messages while developing apps for Google Glass as it would do nothing but annoy the end users using it.
• Never place advertisements
Google as of now doesn’t allow developers to insert advertisements within the Glassware. This is because the company wish to deliver useful information in a hassle-free way. Therefore, avoid placing advertisements.
• Collecting payments for apps
Being a Google Glass developer, you can’t charge a single penny to the users for downloading or using apps. So, avoid doing such things.
Ensure you follow all the do’s and don’ts discussed in this article, and understand that developing apps for Google Glass is totally different from Android application development. Share your views on this in the comments…!
Computers Articles1. Security Risks Of Using Smart Devices At Home
Author: Jamie R Clarke
2. Laptop Repair Centre Sheffield | Laptop Repairer
Author: Laptop Repairs
3. The Benefits Of Using Tinycc Branded Url Shortener
Author: Tim Boid
4. Iphone 7 Plus Repair Liverpool | Phone Repairer
Author: Iphone Repair Centre
5. How To Handle Cctv Installation Challenge With Ease
Author: Tyler Bond
6. Hosting Your Erp In The Cloud
Author: Daniel Gachara
7. How Do I Troubleshoot Bsod Error In My Dell Alienware?
Author: Maria Silvia
8. 3d Printing The Most Powerful Technology Since The Internet
Author: Jamie Smilovici
9. Iphone 7 Plus Repair London Apprentice
Author: Iphone Repair Centre
10. The Data Recovery Milwaukee Are Experts In Restoring Data From Any Hard Drives
11. Contact Computer Service Waukesha For Best Computer Repair Solutions
12. Safe Electronic Document Delivery: Keeping It Easy For Customers
Author: Jason Legg
13. Paying Employees By Emailing Payslip Delivery
Author: Jeremy Brown
14. 4 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Adopting A Web-to-print Solution
Author: Pratik Shah
15. Benefits Of Having Professionally Designed Website
Author: Devid Roy