ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Some Myths About Car Maintenance
Total Articles: 9
Most of us wish that we should have a car that can run smoothly and can perform well. Here, for achieving the same, it is essential that the vehicle should be maintained well. But, when it comes to the maintenance of these vehicles, some myths are prevailing among the owners and they should be carefully addressed for ensuring that the vehicle can provide long-lasting performance:
When talking about maintenance, it means that we will have to take effective care of the engine, exteriors and interiors as well. Regular servicing becomes essential and here there need not be any worry about the cost if you are in Melbourne because there are firms offering car service discounts in Melbourne. Here are the common maintenance myths to know:
Oil should be changed once in every 3000 miles: This is the commonly known thing, but experts point out this to be a myth and they say that if a vehicle is new, it can run without any oil change for about 7500 miles. But, when it becomes older automobiles, regular oil change for once in 3000 miles can be done as per the guidance given by firms offering car repair services in Melbourne. Generally, the miles that can be run before oil change differs from one vehicle to another, but 7500 miles can be taken as the average. Frequent change is not going to do any good for the automobile, rather than forcing you to spend for the same.
Synthetic oil is the best for all cars: It is true that synthetic oil is best for cars, but older automobiles that are not giving better mileage should not make use of this type of lubricant. This is because the mechanical wear and tear in older automobiles will be more as compared to newer ones and also in older vehicles there are chances of internal leakage of oil and so when synthetic alternative is used, it will cause damage to the automobile. Synthetic is thinner in nature and when used in older automobiles, it can flow freely thereby causing leakage at a faster pace. So, before you opt for synthetic oil for your old vehicle, it is better to consult with the firms offering car repair services in Melbourne.
Maintenance generally cost more: This is another myth that prevents the owners to opt for one. The fact is that there are firms offering car service discounts in Melbourne, with whom people can enter into regular maintenance contracts that too at the best cost for ensuring the safety of their vehicle.
The content has been taken form http://goarticles.com/article/Some-Myths-About-Car-Maintenance/8030056/
sDeal.com.au is the melbourne based company and have been marketing discount automotive services for over 10 years. Our focus is to providing quality service and true value to our customers. To find more details on car service deals visit us.
Automobiles Articles1. Get Online Auto Insurance And Finance
2. New Shell Fuel Station Finder From Fleetcor
Author: FleetCor Deutschland GmbH
3. Dealerships Are Your One Stop Shop
Author: haggerty Ford
4. The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Learning On Driving Simulators.
Author: Eesha Zaveri
5. Buy Miami Used Luxury Cars For Sale Within Your Budget
6. Know The Truth About For Vehicle Parts Exchange In Surrey
Author: Ewan Thorpe
7. Why Mot Test Is So Much Essential For Four-wheelers
Author: James Elston
8. Car Valeting The Reason That Has Kept You From Buying The New One
Author: Rhys Gibson
9. Gps Vehicle Tracking System
Author: Balu S
10. The Biggest Contribution Of Driving Coach In Chadstone To Humanity
Author: Mark Watson
11. Side By Side Comparison Between Readymade Motorcycle & Custom Chopper
Author: Levi Fysh
12. Benefits Of Leasing Your Next Car
13. Rockman - The Top Manufacturers Of Two Wheeler Parts & Automotive Component In India
Author: Rockman Industries
14. For Best Services Just Opt For Auto Repair Gainesville
Author: Berrisford Smith
15. 2017 Hyundai Accent: Top Reasons Why You Should Buy This Budget Car
Author: Allen Hyundai