ALL >> Business >> View Article
Buying And Remodeling A Home
Total Articles: 334
FHA's 203k loan program may not be as well-known as "typical" FHA loans, but it can be a terrific financing tool. Basically, the 203k loan allows you to purchase and rehab a home - all with one loan - all done at the time of acquisition. The FHA 203k loan has been around for years and was designed to streamline this process.
There are some guidelines and restrictions (after all, FHA is a governmental agency...), but it can be a very effective way to finance the property acquisition and rehab costs with one low down payment. Here are some brief highlights of the FHA 203k loan program:
Only One-to-Four unit properties are eligible
The structure must have been completed for at least one year
Cooperatives are excluded
Condominiums are eligible, but only for interior rehab
Demolition of existing structure is accepted, as long as the existing foundation remains
Rehab work has to be done by an FHA Certified contractor
There are many other restrictions, regulations and procedures, but it can definitely be worth it. This loan process can take a bit longer than a traditional FHA loan, and the appraisal typically costs a bit more (they have to estimate 2 values), so you would also need to factor that in. The lender also has to be FHA approved, but the down payment can be as low as 3.5%.
Thinking about remodeling your existing home? This particular FHA loan program is only for acquisition and rehab, but there are other financing alternatives out there for remodeling projects alone. You can read more about the FHA 203k loan and review HUD's FAQ's using this link. You're also welcome to visit with one of our preferred lenders about this program and how it might benefit you.
The FHA 203k loan program is not perfect for every situation, but it can be worth checking out if you're planning to buy and rehab a property.
The author is a well Known Real estate Developer & having immense interest and knowledge in
Move to Cleveland & Job Relocation to Cleveland & much more hence also called to be as Property Guru. To know more visit on http://clevelandpropertymanagement.com/
Business Articles1. Best International Courier Service In Maharashtra
Author: Unique air express
2. Best Practices For Dealing With Workplace Violence
Author: NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
3. Government And Co-operative Societies In India Support Flood Victims
4. Different Types Of Materials Used For Constructing The Magnetic Core Of A Transformer
Author: Trutech Products
5. Metal Roofing- Right To Choose For Commercial Roofing Okc
Author: Fred Lydick
6. Keep Your Business Afresh In Peoples’ Mind During Off Seasons!
Author: Surabhi Joshi
7. Vinyl Windows And Aluminium Windows Okc- Which To Choose For Your Home?
Author: Fred Lydick
8. Appsquadz: The Prominent Mobile App Development Company In Goodfirms Research
Author: vivek kumar
9. Top Reasons To Get Short Term Payday Loan
Author: Broad Stevens
10. Learning To Fly: Start A New Business In Singapore
Author: Singh Sukhbir
11. Hdfc Securities And Kotak Securities Offer The Best Trading Platforms For Stock Markets
12. Add Beauty To Your Home With The Best Scented Candle
13. Top Iphone 8 Rumors
Author: Josh Carr
14. Meishen Technology Is A Strong Team
Author: hu Allen
15. How Ecommerce Logistics Partners Are Helping Smes Make A Mark Online
Author: shiwangi ecourierz