ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
New Magnesium Wheels Race To U.s. Market
Total Articles: 312
Automotive enthusiasts can now upgrade their vehicles with high-performance, forged magnesium wheels adapted from Formula One racing designs.
Magnesium.com recently announced the introduction of one-piece, forged magnesium wheels for street use in North America. The wheels are 20 percent to 30 percent lighter than forged aluminum and offer increased safety and performance.
"The U.S. wheel market is quite formidable and we intend to supply a smaller but very important segment of the 100 million vehicle wheels used in North America," said Mark Lisnyansky, president of Magnesium.com.
The magnesium alloy wheels are initially available in 20-inch and 22-inch sizes, and are treated with a high-tech anti-corrosion coating.
The company will also be developing wheels in various sizes and compositions for specific North American applications.
"Steel wheels are becoming nearly obsolete and the prevailing trend is toward cast aluminum wheels," Lisnyansky said. "While most people are not familiar with forged wheels, performance car enthusiasts know that forged wheels offer significant advantages. And forged magnesium wheels, which are lighter and much stronger than their aluminum counterparts, are the next logical step in optimizing vehicle performance."
Magnesium wheels offer consumers improved safety by shortening braking distances and delivering higher acceleration rates as well as improving gas mileage. The "dampening" factor of magnesium allows for vibrations caused by road imperfections to be absorbed six times more effectively.
Using specialized aviation industry equipment, the company has been producing Superbike and Formula One competition wheel forgings for many years. The wheels are forged in Russia by a subsidiary and then machined and finished in Italy.
Automobiles Articles1. Buying A Used Or Pre Owned Vehicles For Sale In Chicago
2. How To Obtain Stress-free Car Financing In West Chicago
3. Choppers Modified From Old Harley Davidson Is Trending
Author: Levi Fysh
4. Experience Chauffer Service In Executive Cars Throughout London
Author: Toby Pratt
5. Save Big With Easy-run’s Fall Special!
Author: Al Freilich
6. Fordzero Down Lease Specialscheap Way To Drive New Ford Car
7. Cad, Cam, Cnc And Robots For Manufacturing In Future
Author: CAD, CAM, CNC And Robots For Manufacturing In Futu
8. Career Options And Job Opportunities For Mechanical Engineers
Author: Career Options And Job Opportunities For Mechanica
9. October Is National Transport Month
Author: Batteries & More
10. The 2017 Vw Golf Alltrack 135 Tdi: A Volkswagen Dealers Brief Overview
Author: Aaron Reddall
11. Important Things To Keep In Mind When Your Car Breaks Down
Author: Paul Zervos
12. E-rickshaws Are The Perfect Way To Keep Your City Green.
Author: Power Electric Vehicle
13. The Audi Car Dealers Miami Offer Certified Pre Owned Cars In Competitive Price
14. Top Three Reasons To Consider Outsourcing Your Cad Project
Author: Top Three Reasons To Consider Outsourcing Your CAD
15. For An Updated Speed — the Cummins’ Compound Turbo Way
Author: Rip Rook