ALL >> Career >> View Article
Looking For A Job Change? Learn The Right Mantra!
Total Articles: 17
Changing a job, undoubtedly, is a tough decision to make. Before you make such a crucial decision it would be right to take some time off and analyze the exact circumstances and the reason behind the need for a change. After scrutinizing all the aspects related to your career and the role this job change will play in helping you to be successful, should you think of moving ahead.
Here we list down a few things that you should keep in mind before switching your job:
• Understand the core reason
It is necessary to realize the positives and negatives that you experience in your existing job. Quitting a job simply because there are a few bad things that can be controlled would not be a wise decision to make. If you are planning to change your job because of disharmony with a colleague or due to dissatisfaction because of a new management rule, then you should first try to solve the things amicably. Discuss about the things that are disturbing you and it might happen that through discussion or a bit of counseling, things begin to work out.
However, if the reason is something that is beyond your control, then you can consider taking this action without thinking much about the same.
• Think beyond remuneration
There are situations where you have to think beyond the remuneration aspect of a job change. You should analyze whether a high pay package is what you are looking for, or is it a change in the profile or job role? You must realize the fact that merely switching jobs because of a better compensation is not right, if the opportunities that you would get seem to be weak. You can consult a good provider of career services India, so as to search for the right job based on your work profile and interests.
• Know about the Employment terms
You might get an opportunity to work for your desired company, but what is important is that you shouldn’t go for the opportunity blindly. You need to be apprised of the expectations that the new organization would have from you.
Understand all the employment terms of the company, before you commit to join them. After analyzing the nature of work and whether or not you would be able to do justice with the roles and responsibilities that would be assigned to you, should you move ahead.
• Growth matters
It’s not always a good working environment and a good salary package that matter! Think about changing your job if you feel that the work that you do has become uninteresting and your true competences are being overlooked.
It’s good to keep in mind that, in the fullness of time if your experience and skills are not going to grow, then you would not be able to enjoy a successful career progression.
So, keep all the above mentioned points in your mind while you are planning to change your job, and be all set to give the right impetus to your career.
Shine Kapoor writes articles on behalf of HeadHonchos.com, India’s premier senior jobs portal india. HeadHonchos provides consult a good provider of career services India as well as a range of specialized services that facilitate senior job search.
Career Articles1. "what Are Your Salary Expectations?"how Do I Handle The Interview Question?
Author: Sophie Kaul
2. Shape-up Your Career Through An Internship
Author: Roopali Parandekar
3. Going For Walk-ins? Think Twice!
Author: Jay Torres
4. Free Job Posting Site For Employers In Usa
Author: G Pradeep Kumar
5. Athena Net Coaching- Providing An Ideal Destination For The Students In Lucknow
6. Quality Assurance (qa) Training Courses In Ahmedabad- Unicode Technologies.
7. How To Establish A Successful Mobile Application Testing Career?
Author: Jack Ramon
8. Athena Ias- Helping You To Achieve Your Dream Of Becoming An Ias Officer.
9. Cathay Dupont Warning! Avoid Scam That Acts As Job Opportunity Award
Author: Andrei Park
10. Warning From Cathay Dupont: Travel Awards Not A Ticket To Work In Japan
Author: Alea Kim
11. Secrets Of Above 30,000 Feet Air Hostess Career
Author: WHITE PANTHER
12. Challenges Faced By Job Seekers
Author: Jay Torres
13. Jkpsc Recruitment 2017–2018 Latest Mo/lecturer Online Jobs Notification
Author: Recruitment Result
14. Involve Gamification In Recruiting And Engagement
15. Photojournalism- The Social Responsibility