ALL >> Business >> View Article
Assure Your Safety With Bridge Mats
Total Articles: 6
Bridge mats and timber crane mats are essential tools making it possible for the expansion of our infrastructure and the development of each city, state and region into images of the future. They lay a temporary foundation over bodies of water and uneven earth allowing heavy equipment to pass and begin construction on uncleared land. Because these timber mats are built every day to meet to needs of the construction industry, they can be purchased in standard sizes or custom ordered to fit the specific requirements of the contractor.
The bridge mats are 12 to 40 feet in length and 10,12, 14 or 16 inches thick pieces of raw hewn timber made from hardwoods. The typical hardwoods used are oak, cherry, hickory and gum. The timber can be attached with 1.25 inch countersunk bolts to create a solid mat of 4 feet, 5 feet, 6 feet or custom widths. The ends of the timber can be purchased with a coating on the ends to prevent checking and splitting. For added strength mats can be layered up to 3 levels deep. This allows cement mixers, generators, light towers and other heavy equipment to cross the body of water without incident.
Timber Crane Mats
Crane mats are heavy enough to hold the weight of the average crane and boom truck. These timber mats form a level platform so that the crane can operate. They are normally made to be 4 feet or 5 feet wide and 24 feet and up to 52 feet long, but they can be made to order. The thickness of each piece of timber ranges from 4, 6, and 8 to 10 inches. Custom thicknesses can also be created. The mats can be attached with exposed bolt or cable.
Obtaining the Right Mat
The construction community has been using timber mats to facilitate the use of heavy equipment in areas that are uncleared and unpaved for decades. These temporary foundations and platforms are reusable and can be easily relocated from one construction site to another via a number of trucking companies. Used crane mats can also be procured, rather than buying new mats for cost savings.
Timber mats make working on uncleared land or crossing over bodies of water possible for heavy equipment. Heavy equipment is essential for endeavors that involve changing the landscape of our untamed lands. The bridge mats are the temporary resource used to access that untamed land. They're strong enough and durable enough to endure drastic changes in the weather and constant use by machines weighing 30 tons or more. It’s because of the ingenuity of man, that these mats were created to meet the obvious need to overcome the challenges encountered as we continued to tame the land and expand the progress of human society.
Business Articles1. Brilliant Advice For Your Start-up
Author: Carl Frederic Sealey
2. A New Life In Alanya/turkey
3. A Startup’s Quick Guide For Finding Tax And Accounting Services
Author: Hampry Gomes
4. Get Best Quality Fruits Gift Hampers Online
5. Castle Hill Best Indian Restaurant
6. Leaftrend – Ecofriendly Disposable Palm Leaf Plates, Wedding And Party Plates- 7 Inch Square Flat Pa
Author: Jane cristina
7. Signage | Box Up Signage| Digital Printing |dot2dot
8. Dosti Is Trusted Packers And Movers In Pune
9. Vinyl Windows Okc – Why It Is A Much Preferred Option For Homeowners
Author: Mark Sipla
10. 3 Benefits Of Using A Convertible Hand Truck
11. Optimizing Time Using The “beforehand” Technique
Author: NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
12. Exotic Experience With Bar And Grill
Author: pied Piper
13. What Are The Video Conferencing Perks For The Retail Sector?
14. All That You Need For Understanding Your Customers Today
Author: Surabhi Joshi
15. What Are The Mechanical Design Requirements For Electric Hoists?
Author: Mahi Sheth