ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Uv Sterilizers Are Vital In Floating Pond Fountains
Total Articles: 4
Pulsed light is a technique used for food preservation. It involves using short and intense pulses of broad-spectrum light. The spectrum of light for treatment involves wavelengths in UV to the infrared area. The material that needs treatment is exposed to one pulse of light that has an energy density near 0.01 to 50 J/cm. The duration range is from 1 us to 0.1 s. For most applications, a limited amount of flashes are applied using a fraction of an s. to provide a great level of microbial inactivation. UV sterilizers are also helpful in fish tanks.
Pulse light is generated using engineering technologies that produce power many fold. Accumulating energy inside an energy storage unit over a long amount of time and releasing the energy to do work in a short time magnifies the applied power. The result is high power at the duty cycle; the expenditure is only moderate power consumption.
How UV Helps The Food Industry
The technology involved in using light pulses is applicable generally in reducing and sterilizing the microbial population on the packaging material’s surface, transparent pharmaceutical products, and other surfaces. Often, the packaging material for aseptic processing is sterilized using hydrogen peroxide. This may leave undesirable residues in the package or food. Light pulses might be used to lower or eliminate the use of preservatives and chemical disinfectants. Pulsed light can also extend the shelf-life or make the quality of produce better.
How UV Helps Other Industries
UV wavelength radiation ranges from 328 nm to 210 nm. Its overall bactericidal effect happens at 240-280 nm. Mercury vapor lamps produce over 90% radiation at 253.7 nm; this is close to the maximum microbicidal activity. Inactivation of microorganisms occur from nucleic acid destruction through induction of thymine dimers. UV radiation is employed in the air, in the disinfection of drinking water, titanium implants, and contact lenses. Viruses and bacteria are killed more easily by UV light. UV radiation has a few potential applications; however, its germicidal use and effectiveness is influenced by wavelength, temperature, type of suspension, type of microorganism, organic matter, and UV intensity. It is affected by dirty tubes and distance. UV radiation is used in the health-care environment. Common examples are isolation room, operating rooms, and biologic safety cabinets.
Another helpful device other than UV sterilizers is called a pond skimmer that is extremely helpful in cleaning ponds. Installing one, however, can be challenging. The skimmer’s position matters. The water level must be accurate; the water should flow through the skimmer at the proper rate. If the unit is too shallow, the lid can block water flow. If the unit is too deep, too much water flows through, and debris won’t be caught. UV sterilizers and pond skimmers are available at most stores.
Home and Garden Articles1. Enjoy The End Of Lease Cleaning Services Sydney
2. Eight Favorite Lawns In The Fairy Garden
Author: Lauren Kyes
3. Facing A Challenge With Small Bathrooms? Check Out These Tips!
Author: sunita arvind
4. What Can You Expect With The Best Landscaping Services Mornington Peninsula?
Author: Rickey Austin
5. 8 Things That You Should Clean Every Day
Author: Mike Aurtho
6. Hire The Most Experienced Exterior Painting Experts In Charlotte
Author: Anu Walia
7. Create A Unique And Modern Look With A Drum Coffee Table
Author: Kim Thompson
8. Painting Tips For Making A Mississauga Home Sale-friendly Before You Sell It
Author: Chris Dgate
9. Few Must Know Tips If You Want To Avoid Failure In Local Builders
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
10. Landscaping Contractors Can Help You In Beautifying Your Garden
Author: Anu Walia
11. Know How Safe Your Home Cleaning Products Are
Author: Christopher Schwab
12. Modern Stained Glass Floor And Table Lamps Enhances Beauty Of Your House
Author: Lorna Wingfield
13. Why Should You Use The Glass Balcony Balustrades For Your New Home
Author: John Carlos
14. What Makes Designer Furniture Of Perth A Stand Out
Author: Kai Baxter
15. Termite Control Penrith- Expectation Vs. Reality
Author: Alicia Brett