ALL >> Travel >> View Article
The Algarve, Portugal’s Most Popular Vacation
Total Articles: 13
The Algarve is more than just a sunny section of Portugal, where tourists go to warm up during the colder months. It is a unique region of Portugal, with a very interesting history. It continues today to be an important section of Portugal’s landscape, and although its touristic qualities have put it on the map for vacationers, its history is not to be overlooked.
The Landscape of the Algarve:
There are nearly 420,000 permanent inhabitants in the Algarve. The Algarve is relatively small, with a total area of 5,411 square kilometers. However, the summer brings a wave of tourists and visitors, raising the population of the Algarve up to nearly one million people. The south coast of the Algarve runs around 155 kilometers. Along the Atlantic Ocean, there is nearly one hundred beautiful beaches stretching along the Algarve. The water temperature at some of the Algarve beaches can be extremely warm due to the sea currents, even during the colder winter months. At the southern tip of Europe, it has been said that the Algarve is one of Europe’s most unpolluted areas. There is great variety in the interior of the Algarve region. The Algarve is known for its Roman terraces and granite walls, with a few ancient monuments surviving the many destructive earthquakes throughout history.
The Algarve Today:
This wave of tourists to the Algarve has recently seen more and more developed. The beautiful beaches and wonderful climate have made the Algarve a perfect holiday destination. Golf is a popular activity for tourists and vacationing residents to the Algarve. Many new properties have been developed, with communities being built around them. Most recently the Algarve has been seen in the media focus on a missing British girl who went missing while on vacation with her parents. Madeleine McCann, the missing child, brought the international press focusing on the Algarve during the initial investigation.
Getting to the Algarve is more accessible than ever, with many flights arriving in the Faro Airport. For visitors to Lisbon, a train, and many busses make it no problem to head south. There is plenty of hotels to choose from, and many cities and villages to discover and explore.
The Algarve is an area inside Portugal steeped in beauty and history. It has quickly become the spotlight for a new wave of tourists. The beauty of the region, combined with the weather makes it an ideal place to relax and it remains to be seen how much this push will have on the region. The Algarve has already seen many changes, and not necessarily for the good, and hopefully in the future, some of the Algarve’s unspoiled beauty will remain intact. One has only to look at the history of the Algarve to realize that the region will sustain over time.
Adam Smith is an expert author and having good experience in Travel. He wants to share his experience about Holiday Rentals Algarve Portugal
Travel Articles1. Discover Yourself On Solo Vacations
Author: Noah Daniel
2. How We Make Your Gold Coast Airport Transfers Memorable
3. Planning A Vacation To Cuba
Author: Stephen David
4. Raised Glasses With Wedding Transportation Of Dc
Author: Saied Luliah
5. Upper Dolpo Trekking – Simply Picturesque
6. No Trouble Travel To The Super Bowl With A Denver Charter Bus
Author: Lucille W. Hill
7. Experience Nature's Beauty & Adventure On Your Tanzania Safari Tours
Author: Ireneus Kitena
8. Love Your Friendships This Valentine’s Day With A Party Bus In Pittsburgh
Author: Iris K. Allen
9. At The Top Burj Khalifa, Sky Experience Ticket
Author: Rohan Mustafa
10. Travel To Korea – Get The Korea Winter Tour Package On Demand Now!
Author: Tommy Na
11. Things To Know Before You Sign With An Airport Shuttle Services In Texas
Author: Joe Yetzer
12. Suitably Fun Prom Transportation With A Denver Party Or Limo Bus
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
13. How Would You Balance The Ruins And The Dunes On Your Morocco Day Tours?
Author: Ali oussou
14. Bus Ticket Booking Is No Longer An Annoyance As It Used To Be
Author: Online Bus Ticket Booking
15. Can We Discover All The Hidden Marvels From Catania To Taormina At Our Own Pace With Taxi Taormina?
Author: Christian Guardione