ALL >> Travel >> View Article
The Algarve, Portugal’s Most Popular Vacation
Total Articles: 13
The Algarve is more than just a sunny section of Portugal, where tourists go to warm up during the colder months. It is a unique region of Portugal, with a very interesting history. It continues today to be an important section of Portugal’s landscape, and although its touristic qualities have put it on the map for vacationers, its history is not to be overlooked.
The Landscape of the Algarve:
There are nearly 420,000 permanent inhabitants in the Algarve. The Algarve is relatively small, with a total area of 5,411 square kilometers. However, the summer brings a wave of tourists and visitors, raising the population of the Algarve up to nearly one million people. The south coast of the Algarve runs around 155 kilometers. Along the Atlantic Ocean, there is nearly one hundred beautiful beaches stretching along the Algarve. The water temperature at some of the Algarve beaches can be extremely warm due to the sea currents, even during the colder winter months. At the southern tip of Europe, it has been said that the Algarve is one of Europe’s most unpolluted areas. There is great variety in the interior of the Algarve region. The Algarve is known for its Roman terraces and granite walls, with a few ancient monuments surviving the many destructive earthquakes throughout history.
The Algarve Today:
This wave of tourists to the Algarve has recently seen more and more developed. The beautiful beaches and wonderful climate have made the Algarve a perfect holiday destination. Golf is a popular activity for tourists and vacationing residents to the Algarve. Many new properties have been developed, with communities being built around them. Most recently the Algarve has been seen in the media focus on a missing British girl who went missing while on vacation with her parents. Madeleine McCann, the missing child, brought the international press focusing on the Algarve during the initial investigation.
Getting to the Algarve is more accessible than ever, with many flights arriving in the Faro Airport. For visitors to Lisbon, a train, and many busses make it no problem to head south. There is plenty of hotels to choose from, and many cities and villages to discover and explore.
The Algarve is an area inside Portugal steeped in beauty and history. It has quickly become the spotlight for a new wave of tourists. The beauty of the region, combined with the weather makes it an ideal place to relax and it remains to be seen how much this push will have on the region. The Algarve has already seen many changes, and not necessarily for the good, and hopefully in the future, some of the Algarve’s unspoiled beauty will remain intact. One has only to look at the history of the Algarve to realize that the region will sustain over time.
Adam Smith is an expert author and having good experience in Travel. He wants to share his experience about Holiday Rentals Algarve Portugal
Travel Articles1. Numerous Benefits Of Hiring Dfw Airport Taxi Or Shuttle Service In Texas!
Author: Shaik Hossain
2. Guided Tours To The Magical Hobbiton From Tauranga
Author: Roger Simister
3. How To Enjoy Great Facilities With All Inclusive Holidays
Author: Daisy Wilkinson
4. Stylish Rides And Low Prices With Limousine Washington Dc
Author: Stylish rides and low prices with Limousine Washin
5. Plan Your Vacation To Luton Airport- Hire Great Britain Cars
Author: jack pero
6. Rajasthan’s Top Tourist Attractions To Visit In Summer Season
Author: Swati Jain
7. Travel The Unforgettable Experience Of Africa’s Amazing Botswana And Serengeti Balloon Safaris
Author: Ombeni African Safari
8. Top Places That Compel A Solo Explorer To Travel In India
Author: Aura Voyages
9. Latin America Tourism Is Booming And Tour Operator Offers The Best Advice To Get The Most Of It!
Author: Anna Avanesova
10. Book Your Hoi An Hotel From Us
Author: Ms. Emma Tran
11. Enjoy A Variety Of Benefits With All Inclusive Holidays
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
12. 4 Things That You Can Only Buy In Turkey
13. Get Married In San Antonio With A Wedding Party Bus San Antonio
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
14. 3 Quirkiest Bars In Melbourne That Are Straight Out Of Your Dreams
15. Wedding Guest Transportation In Phoenix Charter Bus Rental
Author: Hire Charter Bus