ALL >> General >> View Article
What Should You Know About Non-resident Taxation In Canada?
Total Articles: 48
For a layman, the simplest meaning of non-resident taxation in Canada is the tax levied on the residents when they are present outside the country during the taxation time of the year. Now, this isn’t as easy as it seems to be. There are certain rules and regulations to this. Non-resident taxation is a bit different from the resident ones. There certain specific rules and regulations available for this, which an individual should follow, in case they are not present in their domicile during the taxation period of the year.
Canadian residents use the T1 tax and Benefit return for taxation. The rule is same for individuals and employees. And how is the tax calculated? Any tax payer must have known it. Anyways for the sake of understanding the calculation method, here it is: income tax is usually calculated by reducing the allowed expenses from the overall gross income received.
Adding more information to this, here is some important information regarding non-resident taxation in Canada:
• If you are routinely living in another country and are not the citizen of Canada, then you are subjected to nonresident taxation purpose.
• In another case, if you do not have significant residential ties within Canada, then also you can avail this taxation purpose. But what’s the meaning of insignificant residential ties? It can happen if you live outside Canada throughout the year or else if you are outside of the nation for more 183 taxation days.
There are several other aspects of residential ties also. A home in Canada, a spouse or any common law partner or else any other dependants who stay in Canada, any personal property like car or any other vehicles and automotives, or any other household objects like furniture. One of the most surprising facts which are lesser known to people is that, even strong social ties can be a residential security. Other ties which are relevant in this regard are driver’s license, bank accounts or credit cards of Canada and a health insurance within the Canadian province or territory. There are many other aspects also; you can get the details from an authorized source. And for finding an authorized source, you need to do a bit of research also. Follow the normal search strategy and you can land up with many taxes related sources. And finally consult the best one!
If you are looking for reliable Canadian tax expert in this regard, contact Michael Atlas. He is a professional Chartered Accountant with profound expertise in this niche. For more details regarding his work profile and business portfolio, browse through his official website at http://taxca.com/
Ken Donaldson is a chartered accountant who practices as an independent tax consultant. He also author of non-resident taxation, in this article he provides nonresident tips. For more information you can visit Taxca.com.
General Articles1. Importance Of Electrical Security Specialists Wollongong
Author: Fellacity Trunck
2. Top 5 Most Popular Websites In The World
Author: Nick Johnson
3. Multiple Employer Plans And The 401(k) Advisor
Author: Terrance Power
4. Finding The Best Service Provider For The Threading & More
Author: Parveen Kumar
5. What Are Your Options?
Author: Sandra White
6. Important Things To Do If You've Lost Your Phone
Author: Ross Barkely
7. Find Huge List Of Education Consultant In India
Author: K.P Shrivastava
8. Is It Worth To Outsource Payroll?
Author: Anamika Mehra
9. Can You Purchase Mgo From Alibaba?
Author: hu Allen
10. Unlimited Domain Hosting For Ecommerce Business
Author: Sumit Gadre
11. An Emergency Water Damage Service Makes Every Customer Satisfied
Author: Lionale Donald
12. Underprivileged Children Organizations: To Achieve The Full Potential
Author: Shuaiba Rahaman
13. La Sua Nuova Maglietta Collab Con Il Suo Stilista Di Lunga Data Gillne.it
14. Update My Norton Account
Author: stephen lord
15. Stock Clearance Malaysia