ALL >> Shopping-Product-Reviews >> View Article
Decorate You Home With Traditional Crystal LightingBy Expert Author: Farreys eys
Not very long ago there wasn’t much in the way of indoor lighting or outdoor lighting for that matter. When the sun went down, people went to bed. There was no reading or writing, no dinners or parties after sundown. People couldn’t even walk through their rooms with any guarantee of safety. Now, indoor lighting has become almost an art form as people not only light the interior of their homes to be able to see but to show off their decor and works of art. To add to this, many people also have imaginative outdoor lighting and landscape lighting. This lighting is not just for safety but to show off aspects of the property.
Not only lighting but light fixtures are created with esthetics in mind. One of the most beautiful kinds of lighting a homeowner can place in his or her home is traditional crystal lighting. They include gorgeous chandeliers in the Maria Teresa or Empire style or contemporary crystal lighting in the glittering cascade style. Wall sconces and table lamps can also be draped with crystals. The home doesn't particularly need to have unusually high ceilings for hanging crystal lighting fixtures unless the fixture is unusually large. The rule of thumb is that any hanging light fixture should comfortably clear the top of the head of the tallest man the homeowner knows.
Lighting designers often divide indoor lighting into three types. General lighting provides the basic brightness for a room. It also makes the room look larger. General lighting is usually provided by a ceiling fixture or a wall fixture with supplemental lighting being provided by portable lamps. Experts recommend that in the living and bedroom the homeowner allow one watt per square foot with hanging lamps or wall lamps or one and a half watts per square foot if recessed lights are being used. Kitchens, bathrooms and laundry rooms need as much as four watts per square foot if incandescent bulbs are being used and one and a half watts per square foot if the homeowner is using fluorescents.
The second type of indoor lighting is task lighting. Task lighting focuses on certain areas of a room and lets the user get a good look at what he or she is doing. Most tasks need about 150 watts of incandescent light or 40 watts of fluorescent light though a reading area could require twice that amount.
Accent lights are focused on architectural elements like cornices, moldings and artwork. Accent lights wash a wall in light, pick out interesting textures in a room, and dramatize a well-set dinging table or a fireplace. It's best if a room is given a variety of accent lights that are operated with separate switches to vary the mood. Different types of bulbs, including incandescent, fluorescent, halogen and LED allow the homeowner even more options.
Shopping/Product Reviews Articles1. Get The Costume You Need For The Adult Costume Party You're Attending
Author: Costume Party
2. Don't Risk The Inconvenience Of Running Out Of Spare Boat Parts
Author: Boat Parts
3. Diesel Uber Chief Chronograph Quartz Dz7376 Men’s Watch|4-way Time-telling In An Affordable Package
Author: Jasson C
4. The Trending Stuff About Personalized Plastic Cups
Author: Ryan Morris
5. Advantages And Disadvantages Of Induction Cooker
6. Find Beautiful Indian Home Décor Products Online To Enrich Your Interiors
7. 7-point Guide To Buying Outdoor Pet Waste Cans And Essentials
Author: James Brown
8. Readymade The Perfect Choice For Fast Moving World
Author: Karishma Singh
9. J.springs By Seiko Automatic 21 Jewels Japan Made Beb578 Men’s Watch| Distinct Differences Breeds A
Author: Jasson C
10. How To Celebrate Valentine’s Day Bollywood Style?
11. Try Waist Trainer To Enjoy Best Results To Shape Your Body And Experience Inch Loss At The Waist
12. Devolopment Of Online Shopping - Ohoo
13. Babystitch's Snuggle Baby Blankets For Your Newborn Baby
Author: Michelle Denham
14. Affordable Men’s Undershirts –buy From Traditional Stores
Author: Piter Nicolas
15. Are You Getting Close To Someone With The Longer Term Plans?