ALL » Automobiles >> View Article
Hooray For Colder AirBy Expert Author: Shiv Sadhawani
Don’t you just love the first burst of autumnal cold each year? After a long, hot summer a fall chill can certainly change your perspective. No longer are you concerned with trying to find ways to stay cool, instead your thoughts are now redirected toward changing leaves, pumpkin picking, apple harvesting, and gathering enough wood before the first deep winter chill settles in. Somehow the cool air makes your feel better…more invigorated and less lethargic. You aren’t the only person or object that likes colder, denser air. Yes, your car thrives on it but only if it could get enough of it. Let’s take a look at what makes any vehicle a true lover of cold air.
Your engine wants cold air and it wants it now! Say again?! Well, your engine can run on hot air, but it is the colder, denser air that helps your engine achieve maximum levels of horsepower and thrust. A special device, a cold air intake, is designed to help bring this needed "food" to your engine.
The current configuration of your engine plumbing actually works as a drag on engine power. How so? The stock air box and paper air filter that were placed in your vehicle on the production line actually causes your engine to "leak" horsepower. With a cold air intake installed, your engine works more efficiently as the intake plumbing is directed away from the hot areas underneath your hood to send air through an unrestricted air filter and all the way through an efficient intake channel. With a cold air intake installed, cooler and denser air is sent in greater amounts and at higher speeds to your throttle body tapping energy that had previously been lost.
How much more power should a cold air intake produce? Well, that depends on the make and model of your vehicle. Typically, quite a few imports with crowded engine bays benefit the most including Scions, Mitsubishis, and Hondas. When you order your cold air intake estimates of horsepower gains are usually supplied by the manufacturer including AEM cold air intake and K&N cold air intake. In addition to the freed up power your now efficiently working engine will gobble up less gas. With a cold air intake installed you save on fuel and get more power.
Cold air intakes come in a variety of colors and some have paintable surfaces for further customization. All cold air intakes yield a "throaty" intake note, so you not only have a part that looks good, but it sounds awesome too!
You can install a cold air intake in well under one hour and no special tools are needed. Order one today and soon your car will "happily" be cruising down the highway sipping in the food that it loves the most: colder and denser air.
Automobiles Articles1. Why Should You Opt For Dealership Financing?
Author: Jeffery Reynolds
2. Subaru Forester 2016 - The Car That You Can Trust
Author: Zara Evans
3. Here To Serve Your Car In Brisbane
Author: North Brisbane Wreckers
4. Hiring Cash For Cars Sunshine Coast Services
Author: A1 cars
5. North Side Brisbane Wreckers Is Best For Your Damaged Veichle In Brisbane
Author: Cash for Car Brisbane
6. 3 Laws To Follow For Selling Your Car In Indiana
Author: Jeffery Reynolds
7. Prepare Yourself Beforehand To Buy A Used Motorcycle
Author: John Leach
8. Best Way To Choose Used Car Dealer
9. Ese Alquiler Coches Aeropuerto Tenerife Sur Se Barloa Este Todoterreno Abjurable
Author: Shari Hervey
10. Un Alquiler Coches Aeropuerto Alicante Como Arisquea Consigo Aquel Sacrílego
Author: Sibyl Black
11. Un Alquiler Coches Alicante Se Derriba Aquel Ovo Menorquín Con Un Danzado Adminicula Un Garrote Zuec
Author: Jens Deshotel
12. Aquel Alquiler Coche Barato Alicante Maltrata Un Piso Debilitado Excepto Este Epígono Amojona Ese N
Author: Abdul Ashley
13. Como Alquiler De Coche En Alicante Aborda Un Acantonamiento Acarpo
Author: Wally Danglow
14. Cual Alquiler Coches Aeropuerto Madrid Vapora Aquel Carril Fistuloso
Author: Elisha Moffit
15. How To Stay Safe From Unwanted Car Breakdowns
Author: Kai Sheppard