ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Hiring A Limousine
Total Articles: 312
1. Assess your finances. A standard limousine (four to six
passengers) will set you back about $40 to $80 per hour; a stretch limo (six to eight passengers) runs slightly more--about $60 to $100 per hour. Both have an hourly minimum of four to five hours (although this is usually negotiable). For specialty limos such as a Mercedes, a Hummer or a superstretch (up to 22 passengers), costs can top out at $3,000 for the night.
2. Research, research, research. Be sure the limo operator is licensed and insured. Decide what type of limo you want (standard, stretch, superstretch or specialty) and for how long, based on the event and the number of people in your party. What are you looking for, whether it's a bar, stereo, TV and DVD player, video-gaming system, intercom, sunroof, Jacuzzi, or all of that and a bag of chips. Prices may or may not be posted online. You'll need to do some phone work to get the best deal.
3. Find out the year and make of the limo you'll be hiring, its condition, and the complimentary amenities before you give a deposit. Be sure the deposit is refundable if the limo doesn't meet with your satisfaction. Many limo companies will advertise one type of Car and show up at your door with something entirely different. Most list photos of their limos on their Web sites. If quality is a top priority, plan a visit to the limo company and reserve the exact limo that suits your needs.
4. Hire a quality driver. This is crucial--a bad driver can ruin your evening. Make sure the drivers are experienced, professional and know the area. Provide an itinerary to the company beforehand so the driver knows where he or she is going and what to expect. When the driver shows up, be sure to communicate any special needs you have.
5. Ask whose responsibility it is to stock the limo with any necessary party favors ahead of time. Some companies will provide everything you need; others expect you to bring your own. Sometimes you can negotiate a lower rate if you offer to stock the bar yourself.
6. Find out if gratuities are included in the rate; regardless, you'll be expected to tip your driver, so try to keep it separate.
Make sure your limo is ample enough to fit everyone comfortably. If you have six passengers, get a car that accommodates eight.
If you want premium liquor, negotiate that up front, or plan to bring your own.
Ask if smoking (or other activities) is allowed. Even if it's not, most drivers will look the other way if the price is right.
If it's truly a special occasion, don't be cheap. Like most things in life, you get what you pay for: Most higher-end limo companies have superior drivers, vehicles and accoutrements.
Try to clear everything with your driver in advance. He or she is your captain for the evening and can be your best friend or worst nightmare.
Make sure the limo company and their drivers are properly licensed and insured when making your reservation. This will ensure you are dealing with a reputable company.
Automobiles Articles1. Student Auto Loan Now At Your Reached
2. Don't Make The $500 Mistake
Author: Al Freilich
3. Is Your Next Vehicle A Luxury Car?
Author: Mike Hamby
4. Choose Auto Repair Shop Where Mechanic Give An Accurate Diagnosis
Author: Haggerty Ford
5. How To Detail Car Like A Pro
Author: neel patel
6. Things You Probably Didn't Know About Sell Your Car
Author: Ewan Thorpe
7. Lessons That Will Teach You All You Need To Know About Auto Care
Author: James Elston
8. How Car Valeting In Sutton Can Increase Your Profit!
Author: Rhys Gibson
9. Different Ways Of Finding Custom Choppers On Sale In Brisbane
Author: Levi Fysh
10. Tips To Find The Best Auto Financing Rates
11. Points To Know When Financing New Car
Author: haggerty ford
12. Two Great Tips That Can Help You Maintain Your Bmw Luxury Car Better
Author: BMW Bavaria Motors
13. 3 Tips For You To Be Careful While Buying A Used Luxury Car
Author: BMW Parsoli Motors
14. Carbon Folding Bike – Folding Bicycle Is Designed To Deliver Maximum Convenience And Benefit For The
Author: Paul Pinigis
15. Essential Tips For Purchasing A New Car