ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Magnesium Wheels Race To U.s. Market
Total Articles: 312
Automotive enthusiasts can now upgrade their vehicles with high-performance, forged magnesium wheels adapted from Formula One racing designs.
Magnesium.com recently announced the introduction of one-piece, forged magnesium wheels for street use in North America. The wheels are 20 percent to 30 percent lighter than forged aluminum and offer increased safety and performance.
"The U.S. wheel market is quite formidable and we intend to supply a smaller but very important segment of the 100 million vehicle wheels used in North America," said Mark Lisnyansky, president of Magnesium.com.
The magnesium alloy wheels are initially available in 20-inch and 22-inch sizes, and are treated with a high-tech anti-corrosion coating. The company will also be developing wheels in various sizes and compositions for specific North American applications.
"Steel wheels are becoming nearly obsolete and the prevailing trend is toward cast aluminum wheels," Lisnyansky said. "While most people are not familiar with forged wheels, performance car enthusiasts know that forged wheels offer significant advantages. And forged magnesium wheels, which are lighter and much stronger than their aluminum counterparts, are the next logical step in optimizing vehicle performance."
Magnesium wheels offer consumers improved safety by shortening braking distances and delivering higher acceleration rates as well as improving gas mileage. The "dampening" factor of magnesium allows for vibrations caused by road imperfections to be absorbed six times more effectively.
Using specialized aviation industry equipment, the company has been producing Superbike and Formula One competition wheel forgings for many years. The wheels are forged in Russia by a subsidiary and then machined and finished in Italy.
Automobiles Articles1. Important Things To Keep In Mind When Your Car Breaks Down
Author: Paul Zervos
2. E-rickshaws Are The Perfect Way To Keep Your City Green.
Author: Power Electric Vehicle
3. The Audi Car Dealers Miami Offer Certified Pre Owned Cars In Competitive Price
4. Top Three Reasons To Consider Outsourcing Your Cad Project
Author: Top Three Reasons To Consider Outsourcing Your CAD
5. For An Updated Speed — the Cummins’ Compound Turbo Way
Author: Rip Rook
6. Customized Harley Davidson With Actual Parts Is The Ultimate Style
Author: Levi Fysh
7. Commercial Kitchen Equipment Dubai
Author: AL RAZANA KITCHEN
8. An Overview About 3d Cad Modeling, Plm And Pdm
Author: An Overview About 3D CAD Modeling, PLM and PDM
9. Relax And Rove With Private Driver And Car Services
Author: Toby Pratt
10. 7 Things You Need To Know Before Buying A Car Battery Charger
Author: Michael Foley
11. What Is The Best Time To Trade-in Your Old Car?
Author: Wiliams Orchard
12. The Brilliance Of Japanese Cars Imported From Japan
13. New & Upcoming Sedan Cars In India 2017
Author: Trending Car
14. Compelling Reasons To Fixing Car Dents With Paintless Dent Repair
Author: Gordon Coubrough
15. Choosing Limo Service Fort Worth