ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Looking After Your Cars Tires
Total Articles: 312
A piece of advice that I've always taken to heart when looking after a car was 'always look after your breaks and tires'. Sound advice as these are obviously two of the most important pieces of safety equipment on any vehicle, and are relatively inexpensive to care for.
To ensure that your tires are always in tip-top condition I suggest you check your tire pressure regularly. It is important that tires are inflated to the correct pressure to ensure the best grip on the road. Remember over-inflated tires will wear more in the center of the tire, whereas under-inflated tires have a tendency to wear more on the outside of the tire. Always check your tire pressure before long trips and make sure the spare tire is in good condition and properly inflated in case of an emergency.
It is also advisable to check your vehicle owner's handbook for the correct tire pressure for your car in different circumstances. For example, tire pressure can be different if carrying heavy loads or towing trailers for example.
Always check for uneven wear and tear of the tire. As stated previously it is important that the tire is correctly inflated, but other causes of uneven wear include wheel alignment issues. In these instances it is always advisable to have your local garage check out the vehicle.
All tires have tire tread wear indicators, small rubber markers in the tread to show you the minimum depth that your tires tread should be. If you are nearing these markers, its time to replace the tires.
In general it's always advisable to slow down when going over pot-holes, or try to avoid them if you can. This goes for curbs as well. This will help you increase your tire's life, reduce the chance of disturbing the alignment of your wheels and generally avoid accidental damage to the tires.
Automobiles Articles1. 5 Important Reasons Why You Should Replace Your Car Windscreen
Author: Anna Lampasona
2. Bmw Car Dealers In Miami Offer Used Cars In Best Condition And Affordable Price
3. Key Stuck In Ignition! Five Questions Help Todiagnose The Key Problem In A Minute
Author: Daniel Cohen
4. Car Detailing And Car Washing – Is There Any Difference In Actual?
Author: neel patel
5. Why Buying High Performance Parts Online Is The Best Choice For Racing Car Enthusiasts
6. 5 Probable Causes For Car Engine Failure
Author: Paul Zervos
7. When Should You Opt For A Limo Service Dallas
8. Why Opt For A Limo Service Fort Worth
9. Advantages Offered By A Limo Service Dallas
10. How To Get A Truck For Rent Or A Truck Load In This Busy World
Author: Truck for rent
11. Recent Trends In Car Pooling And Car Rental In New Zealand
Author: ashok saraswat
12. The Use Of Cummins Compound Turbocharger Results In Sped Up Motor
Author: Rip Rook
13. Wearing Novelty Helmets Motorcycle Can Keep You Protected While Riding!
Author: Dickens Ben
14. Your Search For The #1 Engine Test Stand Ends Here
Author: Al Freilich
15. Best And Affordabale Car, Bus, Tempo Traveller Services In Pune – Neetabus Shubhyatra
Author: Neetabus Shubhyatra