ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Useful Travel Tips For Australia
Total Articles: 14
Australia is one of the most popular travel destinations in the world. Australia’s stable political system, well-maintained roads, low crime rate and high standard of health care make it a relatively easy and safe country to explore. The country is filled with incredible natural beauty from Uluru, to the outback, pristine white sand beaches, rainforests, and, of course, the Great Barrier Reef. However it’s important to be aware of some practical tips such as currency, how to call home, shop responsibly, keep safe and travel with a disability before you get ready to go there. Below are some useful Australia travel tips.
Australia’s currency is Australian Dollars and currency exchange is available at international airports, hotels and banks. The most commonly accepted credit cards are Bankcard, Diners Club, MasterCard, and American Express.
• Accommodation: Hostels cost around $20 – 35 USD per night for a dorm room and $65-100 USD per night for private rooms with a double bed. Camping costs between $10 – 20 per night for a spot that can either be for a tent or car.
• Food: Food isn’t cheap in Australia. Most decent restaurant meals cost $20 USD or more. If you cook your meals, expect to pay $70-80 USD per week. An average restaurant meal will run you about $15-20 USD for no frills eating. Most offer meals each night for around $6 USD if you are staying in hostels.
• Transportation: Local city trains and buses cost $2-3 USD. Passes begin at $107 and go all the way to $2,500 USD .The easiest way to see the country is via Greyhound. There are also backpacker buses like the Oz Experience that have passes starting at $300 USD. The most popular and cheapest way to travel is to drive yourself. Due to limited competition flying can be very expensive, especially when going from coast to coast.
You’ll find arcades, large department stores, arcades, gift and souvenir shops, and malls across Australia. Trading hours vary across the country but shops in city and tourist areas are generally open until 6pm, with the exception of late night shopping on either Thursdays or Fridays in different states. You are covered by Australia's consumer protection laws in Australia which require businesses to treat you fairly.
Australia’s official language is English but being a multicultural nation with a significant migrant population you can enjoy a tremendous diversity of cultures and languages.
Australia’s country code is 61. Local calls from public pay phones are untimed and charged at AUD$.050 but mobile, long distance and overseas calls are usually timed. Network coverage is available across Australia but coverage may be limited in some remote areas. Internet access is widely available at accommodation, internet cafes and libraries.
Goods and Services Tax
Australia has a Goods and Services Tax of 10 per cent. However, you may be able to claim a refund of the GST paid on goods bought here if you have spent AUD$300 or more in one store. Tourist Refund Scheme facilities are located in the departure area of international terminals.
For more Australia Travel Tips go to this page.
Get Australia travel tips for your next travel and find out how you can make the best of your money and time and enjoy to the hilt while travel. It would be ideal if you visit for Australia travel tips identified with Australia Working Holiday Visa and Work and Travel Australia.
Travel Articles1. 7 Solo Travel Dilemmas And How To Solve Them
Author: Manisha Nigam
2. Northern Lights-life Long Cherishable Encounter
Author: Ross Barkely
3. Visiting Rajaji Nagar, Bangalore? Don’t Miss Out On These Fun Things!
Author: Manisha Nigam
4. How To Comprehensively Arrange Bachelorette Transportation Via Party Bus Rental In Md
Author: john wick lopaz
5. Minneapolis Area Town Car Services Add Ease Of Flexibility To Your Travel Schedule
Author: Aspen Limo
6. Requisites To Get Undomesticated Aspects!
Author: Ross Barkley
7. Design A Wedding Road Trip With A Charter Bus Rental Phoenix, Az
Author: John wick Anderson
8. Take A Trip To Goa This Monsoon For The Bonderam Festival!
Author: Manisha Nigam
9. Do You Want To Experience Lake Of The Eye Then Visit Nainital For A Memorable Vacation
10. Tour Of Morocco
11. Etravos Is Global Travel Cloud Platform To Travelpreneurs
12. Parking Aeroport Geneve Options
13. Why Opt For Parking Aéroport Genève
14. Rising From The Desert To The Skies Of Dubai Is Eye Candy-burj Khalifa.
Author: Dalphine Wanjiru
15. All You Need To Know About The Car Rental Service Along With A Driver
Author: Robert Anhouse