ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Useful Travel Tips For Australia
Total Articles: 14
Australia is one of the most popular travel destinations in the world. Australia’s stable political system, well-maintained roads, low crime rate and high standard of health care make it a relatively easy and safe country to explore. The country is filled with incredible natural beauty from Uluru, to the outback, pristine white sand beaches, rainforests, and, of course, the Great Barrier Reef. However it’s important to be aware of some practical tips such as currency, how to call home, shop responsibly, keep safe and travel with a disability before you get ready to go there. Below are some useful Australia travel tips.
Australia’s currency is Australian Dollars and currency exchange is available at international airports, hotels and banks. The most commonly accepted credit cards are Bankcard, Diners Club, MasterCard, and American Express.
• Accommodation: Hostels cost around $20 – 35 USD per night for a dorm room and $65-100 USD per night for private rooms with a double bed. Camping costs between $10 – 20 per night for a spot that can either be for a tent or car.
• Food: Food isn’t cheap in Australia. Most decent restaurant meals cost $20 USD or more. If you cook your meals, expect to pay $70-80 USD per week. An average restaurant meal will run you about $15-20 USD for no frills eating. Most offer meals each night for around $6 USD if you are staying in hostels.
• Transportation: Local city trains and buses cost $2-3 USD. Passes begin at $107 and go all the way to $2,500 USD .The easiest way to see the country is via Greyhound. There are also backpacker buses like the Oz Experience that have passes starting at $300 USD. The most popular and cheapest way to travel is to drive yourself. Due to limited competition flying can be very expensive, especially when going from coast to coast.
You’ll find arcades, large department stores, arcades, gift and souvenir shops, and malls across Australia. Trading hours vary across the country but shops in city and tourist areas are generally open until 6pm, with the exception of late night shopping on either Thursdays or Fridays in different states. You are covered by Australia's consumer protection laws in Australia which require businesses to treat you fairly.
Australia’s official language is English but being a multicultural nation with a significant migrant population you can enjoy a tremendous diversity of cultures and languages.
Australia’s country code is 61. Local calls from public pay phones are untimed and charged at AUD$.050 but mobile, long distance and overseas calls are usually timed. Network coverage is available across Australia but coverage may be limited in some remote areas. Internet access is widely available at accommodation, internet cafes and libraries.
Goods and Services Tax
Australia has a Goods and Services Tax of 10 per cent. However, you may be able to claim a refund of the GST paid on goods bought here if you have spent AUD$300 or more in one store. Tourist Refund Scheme facilities are located in the departure area of international terminals.
For more Australia Travel Tips go to this page.
Get Australia travel tips for your next travel and find out how you can make the best of your money and time and enjoy to the hilt while travel. It would be ideal if you visit for Australia travel tips identified with Australia Working Holiday Visa and Work and Travel Australia.
Travel Articles1. How Egypt Shore Excursions Give An Out Of The World Experience To Cruise Holiday?
Author: Ayman Boghdady
2. There Are Many Best Places To Go In Caribbean To Enjoy Your Vacation
Author: eTravel Trips
3. Successful Family Road Trip To A Wedding Via Bus Rental Of Atlanta
Author: Eva watson
4. Kerala Travel Packages : Enjoy The Serenity And Beauty Of Kerala
Author: Top Travel
5. Nepal Tour Packages
6. 5 Popular Places To Visit In Coonoor
7. Ngorongoro Crater
Author: Joseph Reeves
8. Mountains And Hills Provide Adventure As Well As A Unique Peace Of Mind
9. Enjoy Most Awaited Holiday In Beautiful Nepal
10. White Water Rafting Durango
Author: James Patty
11. Significance Of The Nile During Ancient Egypt
Author: Dale Dunlop
12. Birds In The Bungle Bungles Wa
13. Trekking Knowledge In Nepal Mountain Trails
Author: Sudip Shahi
14. 5 Amazing Healthy Dessert Recipes By Crumbs Blog
Author: Crumbs Food
15. One Stop Solution For Outstation Car Booking – Hariom Tours And Travel, Nagpur.