ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Useful Travel Tips For Australia
Total Articles: 14
Australia is one of the most popular travel destinations in the world. Australia’s stable political system, well-maintained roads, low crime rate and high standard of health care make it a relatively easy and safe country to explore. The country is filled with incredible natural beauty from Uluru, to the outback, pristine white sand beaches, rainforests, and, of course, the Great Barrier Reef. However it’s important to be aware of some practical tips such as currency, how to call home, shop responsibly, keep safe and travel with a disability before you get ready to go there. Below are some useful Australia travel tips.
Australia’s currency is Australian Dollars and currency exchange is available at international airports, hotels and banks. The most commonly accepted credit cards are Bankcard, Diners Club, MasterCard, and American Express.
• Accommodation: Hostels cost around $20 – 35 USD per night for a dorm room and $65-100 USD per night for private rooms with a double bed. Camping costs between $10 – 20 per night for a spot that can either be for a tent or car.
• Food: Food isn’t cheap in Australia. Most decent restaurant meals cost $20 USD or more. If you cook your meals, expect to pay $70-80 USD per week. An average restaurant meal will run you about $15-20 USD for no frills eating. Most offer meals each night for around $6 USD if you are staying in hostels.
• Transportation: Local city trains and buses cost $2-3 USD. Passes begin at $107 and go all the way to $2,500 USD .The easiest way to see the country is via Greyhound. There are also backpacker buses like the Oz Experience that have passes starting at $300 USD. The most popular and cheapest way to travel is to drive yourself. Due to limited competition flying can be very expensive, especially when going from coast to coast.
You’ll find arcades, large department stores, arcades, gift and souvenir shops, and malls across Australia. Trading hours vary across the country but shops in city and tourist areas are generally open until 6pm, with the exception of late night shopping on either Thursdays or Fridays in different states. You are covered by Australia's consumer protection laws in Australia which require businesses to treat you fairly.
Australia’s official language is English but being a multicultural nation with a significant migrant population you can enjoy a tremendous diversity of cultures and languages.
Australia’s country code is 61. Local calls from public pay phones are untimed and charged at AUD$.050 but mobile, long distance and overseas calls are usually timed. Network coverage is available across Australia but coverage may be limited in some remote areas. Internet access is widely available at accommodation, internet cafes and libraries.
Goods and Services Tax
Australia has a Goods and Services Tax of 10 per cent. However, you may be able to claim a refund of the GST paid on goods bought here if you have spent AUD$300 or more in one store. Tourist Refund Scheme facilities are located in the departure area of international terminals.
For more Australia Travel Tips go to this page.
Get Australia travel tips for your next travel and find out how you can make the best of your money and time and enjoy to the hilt while travel. It would be ideal if you visit for Australia travel tips identified with Australia Working Holiday Visa and Work and Travel Australia.
Travel Articles1. Top Things To Know About A Luxury Bahamas Yacht Wedding
Author: Alvin Strachan
2. Embrace The Romance With Lax Limo Car Service
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
3. Thailand Travel Tours Guide The Most Wonderful Places To Visit In Thailand
Author: Thailand Tour Packages
4. Enjoy Dubai Shopping Tours
Author: Dubai Shopping Tours
5. Including All Loved Ones With A Bachelor Party In Dc Via Dc Charter Bus
Author: David WILSON
6. 5 Destinations For Day Trips From Ho Chi Minh City
Author: Le Xuan Son
7. 4 Relaxing Activities That You Must Do On Your Grand Cayman Tour
Author: Michael Leacock
8. Best Fujairah Tours Services
9. Budget Annapurna Base Camp Trek - Best For Budget Travelers
Author: Info Nepal Trekking
10. Witness Enchanting Surroundings With Cheap Holidays To Hurghada
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
11. Acquire Legal Child Adoption Service In Nepal
12. How To Choose Your Vintage Wedding Car Hire In Dublin Smartly!
Author: Padraic O Reilly
13. How Do You Prepare For Cape Town Cycle Tour?
Author: Daily Scandinavian
14. 6 Tips For Discovering The Charisma Of Popular Nz Tour Attractions
Author: Damien McConnell
15. Enjoy The Classic Mera Peak Climbing With Your Friends And Family