ALL >> Legal >> View Article
A Peek Into The Society Of Judas, A Novel
Total Articles: 3
Intrigue and mystery pulse the pages of Charles Murr-Letourneaus recent novel, The Society of Judas. The story parallels events surrounding famous Mexican druglord, Rafael Caro-Quintero.
Intrigue and mystery pulse the pages of Charles Murr-Letourneaus recent novel, The Society of Judas. The story parallels events surrounding famous Mexican druglord, Rafael Caro-Quintero. The authors own fascinating background in Mexico informs the account of the Caro-Quintero case, heretofore shrouded by the veils of conspiracy, corruption and cover-up.
Murr-Letourneau, a priest, lived in Tepatitlan, Mexico for 14 years. In 1985, a young doctor named Mejia-Iturbe also moved to the small town. He came to the priest penitent, running from a complicated past and longing for a better future. As the two became friends, Murr-Letourneau learned of the doctors dark and tangled involvement in the drug cartels.
A few years prior, in 1978 the doctor was in Magdalena, Jalisco working for Red Cross. While there he met a young local beauty whom he married. The couple soon welcomed two children, and soon the Red Cross job was not sufficient to provide for his family. He began working at Hospital Del Carmen in Guadalajara, in order to generate more income. Incidentally, Caro-Quintero resided here too.
The drug lords own physician, Jorge Mejia-Monje was also based out of the Del Carmen hospital. Mejia-Iturbe never got a chance to meet the infamous drug lord. The two doctors were both referred to as Doctor Mejia and they were easily and often mistaken for one another. Mejia-Iturbe, aware of the how profitable the drug business is, began acting as a mole for the DEA, posing as the physician of Caro-Quintero with valuable information. At the same time, he leaked information about upcoming DEA busts to the cartels, thickening his wallet even more.
Mejia-Iturbe was aware of the extreme danger he was bringing upon himself and his family, but he was enthralled by the rush. Giving himself the mole name of El Monje,he made reference to Jorge Monje-Mejia, both implicating the drug lords physician and simultaneously giving credibility to his reports to the DEA. It did not take long for Caro-Quintero to become suspicious.
The DEA continued to make headway in its investigations and this infuriated Caro-Quintero. He was determined to deal with the organization. This led to the brutal murder of a top DEA agent in 1985. Mejia-Iturbe panicked realizing he could no longer gamble with his familys lives. He managed to find work with another physician in Tepatitlan and left his family behind, unable to help them, and set up a clinic in the new town. Dr. Mejia-Monjes mutilated body was found in an oil drum several years after the drug lords imprisonment. In light of Caro-Quinteros recent release, this story comes back to life, in reality and in Murr-Letourneaus must-read, The Society of Judas.
Legal Articles1. 7 Keys To Improving Lead Conversion For Personal Injury Lawyers
2. Hire Drug Possession Lawyer Houston To Safeguard Your Constitutional Rights
3. For Child Support Issues, Consult The Springfield Missouri Child Support Lawyers In Greene County
Author: Kirk C. Stange, Esq.
4. Why Is It Important To Contact An Attorney In Phoenix?
5. Overview Of The Ins And Outs Of Settling A Car Accident Claim In Scottsdale
6. Seattle Insurance Lawyer To Settle Accident Claims
Author: Chris Thayer
7. Four Crucial Complications That Can Result Immediately After Ivc Filter Transplant
Author: Nick Feizy
8. Who Do I Sue After A Car Accident In Tucson?
9. Check Criminal Records
10. Knowing More About Forfeiture And Bail Bonds
Author: Emily Stone
11. What Does It Take To Hire A Car Accident Attorney
Author: ABetter UCBD
12. Requirements For Proving “inability To Present The Case” - Enforcement Of Foreign Awards
Author: S Ravi Shankar
13. Amazing Guide To Hire The Accident Attorney
Author: Chris Thayer
14. Can You Still Recover Damages - If You Were Not Wearing A Seatbelt
15. St Louis Missouri Divorce Lawyers Can Help You Rebuild Your Life
Author: kirk c stange