ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Different Types Of Woods Used For Building Homes In Auckland
Total Articles: 6
To build a home of superior quality and increased functionality, the best type of wood should be used. Any house construction in Auckland is impossible without timber work. The most common structures built with timber include the deck, doors, stairs, garage, vehicle shed, attic, and at times the entire home including roofing is made of wood. Choosing the best quality of wood for the construction of a home is really important since it decides the sturdiness, longevity and also the appearance of the house.
Types of Wood Used in House Construction
Different types of wood are used for constructing a house in Auckland. The major classification between the woods is done based on their nature. There are basically two types of wood used for house construction, and they are –
Hardwood – Hardwood is acquired from deciduous trees that include cherry, oak, poplar and more. This wood is expensive and need to be pre-drilled to inject nails and screws in them. Harwood is used in the construction of houses and garages. The maintenance quotient for hardwood is more, and they are more prone to pest attacks.
Softwood –Softwood are affordable, and they are acquired from coniferous trees. They are easy to cut, shape and drill. The grain of this type of wood is smooth hence they give a perfect finish and shape to the products that are made out of them. The softwood tree types are hemlock, pine, spruce and cedar.
The Most-Favorable Wood for Houses
Cedar wood is the best type of wood for constructing houses. They are inexpensive, strong, durable and has a strong resistance against humidity. This wood type filters UV rays and light to keep the residents safe and healthy. The most important reason for using cedar wood for constructing houses in Auckland is that this wood keeps the interior of the house warm, even during the winter.
Many cedar wood house construction companies exist in Auckland and they offer a wide range of cedar house construction and maintenance services to their clients. Few of their services include:
· Cedar home construction
· Cedar homes maintenance
· Treatment of cedar homes
· Roof painting
· Door construction
· House staining
Instant online quotes can be availed by visiting the website of the professional service providers for cedar house renovation in Auckland, NZ.
About The Author:
John and Ana Skellon established Cedar Doctor in 2005. They have extensive experience of wood restoration. They now work in partnership with an experienced team of tradesmen to provide cedar home restoration services in New Zealand. Cedar Doctor offers services like external cedar cladding refurbishment, timber deck cleaning and staining, garages and entrance door maintenance, roof painting and house washing to add value to your home.
Home and Garden Articles1. How To Rid Your Front Loading Washing Machine Of Mold
Author: Daniel Royale
2. Affordable And Reliable Plumbing Services In California
Author: Jack Ronald
3. Avoiding Glass Balustrade Breakages- Tips By Glass Balustrading Sydney
Author: John Carlos
4. Contact Bond Cleaning Perth For Professional Cleaning Services
5. Little Tricks To Achieve The Best Results In Domestic Cleaning Services
Author: Louis Gibbs
6. End Of Lease Cleaners Melbourne Guarantee Full Bond Amount Return For The Tenants
7. Reasons Why You Should Rely On New Home Builders Of Port Lincoln
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
8. Importance Of Plumbing Services For A Hassle Free Living
Author: Kelly M. Russum
9. How To Maintain Kitchen Mixer?
Author: Andrew Howard
10. Finding Unique Storage Thoughts For Your Kitchen Cabinets
Author: Robert J. Lewis
11. Design Ideas For Aging In place
Author: Mary Morris
12. Use Lb-3000 Compact Bowl Scale To Measure The Weight With Utmost Precision
Author: Nug Brand
13. Benefits Of Hiring Professional Painting Contractors For Exterior Painting
Author: Anu Radha
14. Walk-in Bathtubs: A Great Safe & Accessible Solution
15. 4 Regular House Maintenance Tips From Expert
Author: Nicholas Kashiwagi