ALL >> Business >> View Article
Useful Pointers To Help You Adjust Your Planer Blades
Total Articles: 3
You might have your tersa planer blades putting out smooth, flat boards for quite for a short time period. It is possible that your blades might have certain chips or dips within its surface. If so, then it is time for you to remove the knives from the cutter head and start sharpening them to use them again. Of course, it is quite easy to sharpen them, but what if you fail to adjust the cutting edge to help you get the smoothest and flat surface again?
Well, replacing the tersa HSS knives within a cutter head and adjusting the cutting edge to get the smooth and nice surface again to start your woodwork could be tricky, specifically if you don’t have a knife-setting jig. It is quite impossible to get it done properly without a knife - setting jig, but it will require you to follow a few simple tricks.
Here’re a few simple, but useful pointers that can help you adjust tersa planer blades on the go.s:
• First and most important thing you have to do is to unplug the planner’s power cord. Once you unplug, operate the on/off switch a few times to make sure you’ve unplugged the right cord.
• The very next thing after unplugging the cable is to remove the dust cover from the planer in order access the cutting head.
• Now, rotate the cutting head till the time you get a first knife in the top dead center position in order to make it easy for you to remove it.
• Try to loosen the jam-nuts, if any, on the first blade with an open-end wrench. However, one should loosen the nuts only to the point where he or she is able to move the knife without any efforts through his or her hands. Moreover, you won’t be able to quickly tighten the tersa planer blade in position when you find the proper setting.
• Now you have to attach the dial gauge bases to the cutting head. Put one gauge at each end of the cutting head. However, place it almost 1 inch from the end of the blade.
• Once you’re done with dial gauge, it is time to adjust the height of the blade until you get the same reading on both machinist gauges. Ensure that you note down the readings as this will be the measurement that you are going to use for the remaining blades on the cutter head.
• Now ensure that you tighten the jam-nuts and check the readings on the gauges again to make sure the blades did not move during the tightening process.
That’s it! Now all you have to do is to repeat the process above for each of the remaining tersa HSS knives in the cutter head. However, it is important that you never perform such adjustment or maintenance while the tool is plugged in. Ensure you follow these instructions to adjust your planer blades.
Business Articles1. One Of The Best Kitchen Equipment Manufacturers
Author: Paul Wright
2. Advantages Of Getting Listed In Online Construction Directory
Author: John Smith
3. How Radiologist Email Lists From Healthcare Mailing Change Your Business Perception?
Author: Richard Braxon
4. Choose Yourself As A Yoga Teacher With The Help Of Adinath Ashram
Author: Jack Stevens
5. Best Service Provider For Life Time Events In Pune
Author: biz porto
6. Crimping Your Own Earrings
Author: Nitesh Pathak
7. An Overview Of Surface And Chemical Analysis
Author: Tan Sean
8. Prorack Roof-racks Install With Smart-foot Technology
Author: Tony Bulic
9. Siib: The Changing Face Of Business Education In India
Author: Mohan Kumar
10. Things To Know About Coworking Spaces
11. Things To Consider Before Opting For A Mailbox Rental
12. Different Types Of Advertisement Print Products
13. Advantages Of Hiring Professionals For Printing
14. Data Cabling Through Wire Mesh Cable Tray
Author: Noah Gabriel
15. Pretreatment And Grit Removal From Sewage Water To Repurpose It
Author: Manoj Shukla