ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Why Visit Maharashtra?
Total Articles: 10
Maharashtra is a state which is located in the western part of the Indian sub-continent. In respect to size, this is the third largest state in the country. With respect to population this is the second most populated state in the country. The capital of this state is Mumbai and Marathi is the language spoken mostly by the people in this state. According to surveys conducted, this state contributes a high amount to the GDP of the country.
Maharashtra tourism Development Corporation has been taking steps to highlight the tourist aspects of the state both among the tourists in the country and outside the country. MTDC has been doing this to promote tourism and also to increase the earnings of the state. Travel to India is very popular among the people. Hence to cater to this need of the people tourism in Maharashtra is been promoted by the state.
Many people will question on why travel in Maharashtra. The simple reason is due to the fact that the state offers the best range of locations that one will find in the county. From beaches to hill stations to temples to ancient caves, the state is full of such places to visit. This is of much importance to the people who will be going to the state during their holidays or for trips. They will be able to experience a wide variety of things in ne state.
Hill stations like Panchgani, Malshei Ghat, Jawahar, Mahabaleshwar makes the trip to this state special. Many Indian films are been shot in this place. The great views and the picturesque scenery all contribute to making these hill stations a paradise.
The Juhu and the Marine Drive beaches offers great views and a large number of people go to these places. The Dahanu-Beach has many Portuguese monuments and forts. Thought these are in ruins now, the importance of the monuments is great among the people who come to visit the state.
The Ajanta and the Ellora caves is another example of the rich cultural heritage of the state. The state abounds in many cultural facets. These caves are the blatant examples of the Buddhist, Jain and Hindu cultures.
Another important tourist attraction is the film industry which is located in the city. This is not only popular in the country but also abroad. The tourists who come to this city often visit the various studios to get a feel of the films been shot in the studios.
India tourism is of high importance to the people as it helps to generate revenue. The Maharashtra government has been keeping this in mind. Since the state has such great locations, the government has been utilizing these aspects for the promotion of tourism in this state. This helps in the preservation of the historical monuments and artefacts and also in the generation of income for many people in the state. To know more in details about the tourism in this state, one can simply log on to http://www.maharashtratourism.gov.in.
Travel Articles1. Book Online Hotel In Costa Rica
Author: James Palin
2. Making The Case In Favor Of Atlanta Limousine Rental
Author: James Marshal
3. Best Tourist Places In India, Himachal Tourist Places, Best Tourist Places Of The World
Author: Vinod yadav
4. How Could A Charter Bus Rental In Orlando Be More Affordable For Prom
Author: Hire Charter Bus
5. Make Entire Visit Of Lake City Accessible With Appropriate Taxi Services
Author: Julie ranawat
6. How To Have A Safe And Pleasant Taxi Ride In Udaipur
Author: Vaibhav Ji
7. Exploring The Geography Of Japan
Author: Steve Corrigan
8. What A Professional Travel Company In Bhubaneswar Can Do For You?
Author: Urban Yatra
9. Why Hiring A Travel Agency In Bhubaneswar Worth The Investment?
Author: Urban Yatra
10. Experiencing The Beauty Of Various Tokyo Tourists Attractions With A Guide
Author: Ekaterina Kholkina
11. Ayurvedic Treatment In Kerala Is The Property Of Kerala Tourism
Author: Rakesh Kumar
12. Rajasthan Trip To Land Of Kingdoms
Author: Top Travel
13. View Wonderful Nature’s Beauty In Mount Everest Base Camp Trekking In Nepal
14. Why To Halt At Malta Before Your Excursion In Sicily?
Author: Christian Guardione
15. Tomb Of Sultan Worth Visit Palace In Morocco
Author: Eric Watson