ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Hire Roofing Contractors In New Hampshire To Install Roof Shingles
Total Articles: 10
Hire Roofing Contractors in New Hampshire to Install Roof Shingles
Shingle roofing is usually composed of flat or curved tiles that are placed in an overlapping and interlocking pattern on the roof. They are particularly useful for roofs that are pitched or steep, because they allow water to slide along the edge and straight into the gutters.
Shingles come in different types and vary in color and style, composition, durability, and cost. Choosing the perfect shingles for your home may be quite difficult if you do not have a clear idea of the different types, and which would work best for your house. Before you contact roofing contractors in New Hampshire, you should have basic knowledge of the advantages and disadvantages of the two most commonly used types of shingles listed below:
The most popular shingles used for American homes are asphalt shingles, which are rectangular strips that are composed of layers of asphalt and ceramic granules. This type of shingle is available in different colors and styles; for instance, laminated shingles, a type of asphalt shingle, can simulate the appearance of wood or slate to give you more options when choosing which best fits your home's architectural design.
Furthermore, asphalt shingles possess the characteristics of being fire-resistant and low-maintenance. Their lifespan, however, tends to depend on the climate of an area, wherein they are more ideal for colder climates and are more vulnerable to damage in places with extreme, fluctuating temperatures. Still, they typically last for around 20-30 years.
Another type is the wood shingle. Compared to asphalt, this type of shingle is relatively more expensive because it is cut from wood materials such as cedar, redwood, or cypress; this distinguishes them from wood shakes which are fashioned by splitting them out of wooden bolts.
Some homeowners prefer to use wood shingles despite the cost because of their lifespan. Shingles crafted from hard wood typically last for around 50 years. Furthermore, they not only improve a home's aesthetics, but they also provide additional insulation for the home. A downside, however, is that they are more susceptible to fires and insect damage.
Consult a contractor that offers services in roofing in New Hampshire. These professionals won't only help you assess which type of roofing best fits your needs, but they can also professionally install your shingles for you. For more information, you can visit angieslist.com/articles/5-types-roofing-shingles.htm.
Home and Garden Articles1. When Should You Consider Hiring A Property Management Service?
Author: Simply Property Management
2. 3 Reasons Why A Dishwasher As A Appliance Is Better Than Hand-washing
Author: Jackson Wood
3. Decorative Concrete Is Really Useful In Home Adornment
Author: Anu Walia
4. Minka Aire Fans – An Ideal Solution For Maximizing Comfort
Author: Bryson Kaleb
5. Exceptional Features Of Decorative Concrete Flooring
Author: Anu Walia
6. Something Wicked This Way Comes
Author: Lauren Kyes
7. Can Shower Replacement Improve The Look Of Your Bathroom?
8. Walk In Tubs: Soak In The Feeling Of True Relaxation
9. How To Make Your Move ‘green’ While Saving Money
Author: James Draper
10. How To Plan Your Home Renovation Process
Author: James Kyle
11. Great Tips For Improving The Lawn With Lawn Mowing Services
Author: Phil Maunder
12. Add A Value To Your Property By Installing Louvre Shutter
Author: Joseph Zammit
13. How To Care For Interior And Exterior Concrete Floors
Author: Mark Moore
14. How Much Does Professional Asbestos Popcorn Removal Cost?
Author: Jacob Ethan
15. Transform Your House With Remodeling Services In Denver
Author: John Cooper