ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Hire Roofing Contractors In New Hampshire To Install Roof Shingles
Total Articles: 11
Hire Roofing Contractors in New Hampshire to Install Roof Shingles
Shingle roofing is usually composed of flat or curved tiles that are placed in an overlapping and interlocking pattern on the roof. They are particularly useful for roofs that are pitched or steep, because they allow water to slide along the edge and straight into the gutters.
Shingles come in different types and vary in color and style, composition, durability, and cost. Choosing the perfect shingles for your home may be quite difficult if you do not have a clear idea of the different types, and which would work best for your house. Before you contact roofing contractors in New Hampshire, you should have basic knowledge of the advantages and disadvantages of the two most commonly used types of shingles listed below:
The most popular shingles used for American homes are asphalt shingles, which are rectangular strips that are composed of layers of asphalt and ceramic granules. This type of shingle is available in different colors and styles; for instance, laminated shingles, a type of asphalt shingle, can simulate the appearance of wood or slate to give you more options when choosing which best fits your home's architectural design.
Furthermore, asphalt shingles possess the characteristics of being fire-resistant and low-maintenance. Their lifespan, however, tends to depend on the climate of an area, wherein they are more ideal for colder climates and are more vulnerable to damage in places with extreme, fluctuating temperatures. Still, they typically last for around 20-30 years.
Another type is the wood shingle. Compared to asphalt, this type of shingle is relatively more expensive because it is cut from wood materials such as cedar, redwood, or cypress; this distinguishes them from wood shakes which are fashioned by splitting them out of wooden bolts.
Some homeowners prefer to use wood shingles despite the cost because of their lifespan. Shingles crafted from hard wood typically last for around 50 years. Furthermore, they not only improve a home's aesthetics, but they also provide additional insulation for the home. A downside, however, is that they are more susceptible to fires and insect damage.
Consult a contractor that offers services in roofing in New Hampshire. These professionals won't only help you assess which type of roofing best fits your needs, but they can also professionally install your shingles for you. For more information, you can visit angieslist.com/articles/5-types-roofing-shingles.htm.
Home and Garden Articles1. Electrical Service Upgrade For Safe And Uninterrupted Energy Consumption
Author: Christine Delongte
2. 4 Reasons Why Renovating Your Cottage Is A Good Idea
Author: Christine Delongte
3. Guide To Buying Wooden Wall Clocks For Homes And Offices
Author: Jeremy Kugler
4. Emergency Plumbing Repair Service For Home And Office
Author: Jack Ronald
5. Should I Replace My Entry Door?
Author: Mary Morris
6. Best Range Of Gas Cook Tops
7. Slab Leak Repair In The Easiest And Most Efficient Way
8. Top Reasons To Opt For Professional Window Glass Replacement In Chicago
Author: Russell Rabin
9. Pool Remodeling- Getting A New And Wonderful Pool For Your Home In Charleston
Author: David Smith
10. Everything You Should Know About Services In End Of Lease Cleaning
Author: Karanveer Rawat
11. Steps To Take Before You Buy A Mowing Franchise: Businesses For Sale
Author: Phil Maunder
12. Classic Design Of Venetian Blinds Giving Flexible Control Of Light And Privacy
Author: Joseph Zammit
13. The Biggest Home Furnishing Trends Of 2017 That Will Rule Your Home
Author: Nupur Tiwari
14. Architecture Design Ideas That Influence Modern Lifestyles
Author: Saloni Sharma
15. Waterproofing Of Timber Structures
Author: Matthew Lavitov