ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Hire Roofing Contractors In New Hampshire To Install Roof Shingles
Total Articles: 10
Hire Roofing Contractors in New Hampshire to Install Roof Shingles
Shingle roofing is usually composed of flat or curved tiles that are placed in an overlapping and interlocking pattern on the roof. They are particularly useful for roofs that are pitched or steep, because they allow water to slide along the edge and straight into the gutters.
Shingles come in different types and vary in color and style, composition, durability, and cost. Choosing the perfect shingles for your home may be quite difficult if you do not have a clear idea of the different types, and which would work best for your house. Before you contact roofing contractors in New Hampshire, you should have basic knowledge of the advantages and disadvantages of the two most commonly used types of shingles listed below:
The most popular shingles used for American homes are asphalt shingles, which are rectangular strips that are composed of layers of asphalt and ceramic granules. This type of shingle is available in different colors and styles; for instance, laminated shingles, a type of asphalt shingle, can simulate the appearance of wood or slate to give you more options when choosing which best fits your home's architectural design.
Furthermore, asphalt shingles possess the characteristics of being fire-resistant and low-maintenance. Their lifespan, however, tends to depend on the climate of an area, wherein they are more ideal for colder climates and are more vulnerable to damage in places with extreme, fluctuating temperatures. Still, they typically last for around 20-30 years.
Another type is the wood shingle. Compared to asphalt, this type of shingle is relatively more expensive because it is cut from wood materials such as cedar, redwood, or cypress; this distinguishes them from wood shakes which are fashioned by splitting them out of wooden bolts.
Some homeowners prefer to use wood shingles despite the cost because of their lifespan. Shingles crafted from hard wood typically last for around 50 years. Furthermore, they not only improve a home's aesthetics, but they also provide additional insulation for the home. A downside, however, is that they are more susceptible to fires and insect damage.
Consult a contractor that offers services in roofing in New Hampshire. These professionals won't only help you assess which type of roofing best fits your needs, but they can also professionally install your shingles for you. For more information, you can visit angieslist.com/articles/5-types-roofing-shingles.htm.
Home and Garden Articles1. Enjoy The End Of Lease Cleaning Services Sydney
2. Eight Favorite Lawns In The Fairy Garden
Author: Lauren Kyes
3. Facing A Challenge With Small Bathrooms? Check Out These Tips!
Author: sunita arvind
4. What Can You Expect With The Best Landscaping Services Mornington Peninsula?
Author: Rickey Austin
5. 8 Things That You Should Clean Every Day
Author: Mike Aurtho
6. Hire The Most Experienced Exterior Painting Experts In Charlotte
Author: Anu Walia
7. Create A Unique And Modern Look With A Drum Coffee Table
Author: Kim Thompson
8. Painting Tips For Making A Mississauga Home Sale-friendly Before You Sell It
Author: Chris Dgate
9. Few Must Know Tips If You Want To Avoid Failure In Local Builders
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
10. Landscaping Contractors Can Help You In Beautifying Your Garden
Author: Anu Walia
11. Know How Safe Your Home Cleaning Products Are
Author: Christopher Schwab
12. Modern Stained Glass Floor And Table Lamps Enhances Beauty Of Your House
Author: Lorna Wingfield
13. Why Should You Use The Glass Balcony Balustrades For Your New Home
Author: John Carlos
14. What Makes Designer Furniture Of Perth A Stand Out
Author: Kai Baxter
15. Termite Control Penrith- Expectation Vs. Reality
Author: Alicia Brett