ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Hire Roofing Contractors In New Hampshire To Install Roof Shingles
Total Articles: 10
Hire Roofing Contractors in New Hampshire to Install Roof Shingles
Shingle roofing is usually composed of flat or curved tiles that are placed in an overlapping and interlocking pattern on the roof. They are particularly useful for roofs that are pitched or steep, because they allow water to slide along the edge and straight into the gutters.
Shingles come in different types and vary in color and style, composition, durability, and cost. Choosing the perfect shingles for your home may be quite difficult if you do not have a clear idea of the different types, and which would work best for your house. Before you contact roofing contractors in New Hampshire, you should have basic knowledge of the advantages and disadvantages of the two most commonly used types of shingles listed below:
The most popular shingles used for American homes are asphalt shingles, which are rectangular strips that are composed of layers of asphalt and ceramic granules. This type of shingle is available in different colors and styles; for instance, laminated shingles, a type of asphalt shingle, can simulate the appearance of wood or slate to give you more options when choosing which best fits your home's architectural design.
Furthermore, asphalt shingles possess the characteristics of being fire-resistant and low-maintenance. Their lifespan, however, tends to depend on the climate of an area, wherein they are more ideal for colder climates and are more vulnerable to damage in places with extreme, fluctuating temperatures. Still, they typically last for around 20-30 years.
Another type is the wood shingle. Compared to asphalt, this type of shingle is relatively more expensive because it is cut from wood materials such as cedar, redwood, or cypress; this distinguishes them from wood shakes which are fashioned by splitting them out of wooden bolts.
Some homeowners prefer to use wood shingles despite the cost because of their lifespan. Shingles crafted from hard wood typically last for around 50 years. Furthermore, they not only improve a home's aesthetics, but they also provide additional insulation for the home. A downside, however, is that they are more susceptible to fires and insect damage.
Consult a contractor that offers services in roofing in New Hampshire. These professionals won't only help you assess which type of roofing best fits your needs, but they can also professionally install your shingles for you. For more information, you can visit angieslist.com/articles/5-types-roofing-shingles.htm.
Home and Garden Articles1. How To Rid Your Front Loading Washing Machine Of Mold
Author: Daniel Royale
2. Affordable And Reliable Plumbing Services In California
Author: Jack Ronald
3. Avoiding Glass Balustrade Breakages- Tips By Glass Balustrading Sydney
Author: John Carlos
4. Contact Bond Cleaning Perth For Professional Cleaning Services
5. Little Tricks To Achieve The Best Results In Domestic Cleaning Services
Author: Louis Gibbs
6. End Of Lease Cleaners Melbourne Guarantee Full Bond Amount Return For The Tenants
7. Reasons Why You Should Rely On New Home Builders Of Port Lincoln
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
8. Importance Of Plumbing Services For A Hassle Free Living
Author: Kelly M. Russum
9. How To Maintain Kitchen Mixer?
Author: Andrew Howard
10. Finding Unique Storage Thoughts For Your Kitchen Cabinets
Author: Robert J. Lewis
11. Design Ideas For Aging In place
Author: Mary Morris
12. Use Lb-3000 Compact Bowl Scale To Measure The Weight With Utmost Precision
Author: Nug Brand
13. Benefits Of Hiring Professional Painting Contractors For Exterior Painting
Author: Anu Radha
14. Walk-in Bathtubs: A Great Safe & Accessible Solution
15. 4 Regular House Maintenance Tips From Expert
Author: Nicholas Kashiwagi