ALL >> General >> View Article
How To Grow Strawberry Plants In Your Garden?
Total Articles: 3
Strawberries are among the most beautiful and delicious fruits popularly known for its alluring color, flavor and texture. This delicious fruit is used to prepare a range of food products such as ice-creams, cakes, tarts, jellies and jams. Most people prefer to grow strawberry plants in their home garden to experience the sheer joy of tasting the delicious ripe berries. However, there are some important factors to consider before planting strawberries in the garden.
Some Useful Tips
Perfect site: Choosing the perfect site to plant these berries is quite important as these plants bloom well in places with ample amount of sunlight. It needs six hours of sunlight every day on an average. The soil must be well drained with a good air circulation for these plants to grow well. It is also important to free the soil from weeds. As it requires a good amount of water, it should be planted in areas where it can be watered easily. Nourishing the soil well before planting these berries is equally important.
Prefect soil: Another important factor to consider is the quality of the soil before planting the berries. Although it grows well in various types of soils, sandy and well-drained soil is quite ideal for the growth of strawberries. The PH level of the soil needs to be tested and the range should be in between 5.5 to 6.5. The quality of the soil can be enhanced by adding the required amount of fertilizers.
Perfect plant: Although there are numerous varieties of strawberry plants, it is broadly classified into three different types which include the Day Neutrals, June Bearing and Ever Bearing. June Bearing strawberries are large in size and can be picked in the middle or late June. It is the sweetest strawberries grown and it tends to be large and plump. The Day Neutral and the Ever Bearing strawberries are relatively smaller and it yields fruits throughout the year. These berries are quite ideal for smaller gardens as it produces lesser runners.
Planting: Strawberries should be planted appropriately by digging out enough soil to hold the roots perfectly. It is essential to leave ample space in between the plants as these berries tend to produce runners. There should be enough space for the plants to grow and thrive.
To harvest good and delicious berries, it is pertinent to protect the plants from harsh winters. One of the best ways to protect the berries from the harsh winters is to cover it with organic mulch. Deflower the plants during the first year of harvest so as to strengthen the stem and the root of the plants. Watering the plants regularly and removing the weeds are equally important to maintain the healthy growth of berries.
We send the highest quality bare root strawberry plants right to your door step. This variety will give you growing strawberries plants all year long and will survive the winter and come back strong the next year.
General Articles1. Considering Setting Up An Agribusiness? Take A Look At The Following Aspects!
2. Airforce Heating In Calgary Serves Best Quality Furnace Service
Author: Jason Brown
3. What You Will Learn Ansys Training Course?
4. The Use Of Swimming Pool Noodle In New York
Author: The Original Designer Noodle
5. Music Lessons Winnipeg – Winnipeg Drum Lessons Can Make Your Kid More Positive!
Author: Swawn Coughlin
6. Shree Industries Is Pioneer In Manufacturing And Supplying Of Stone Crusher Plant In Pune
Author: GANESH MAHADEO ZIRPE
7. One Week Filmmaking Workshop By Rfs
8. Unique Engineering | Pune | Dealer/distributor/trader
9. Best Manufacturer And Service Provider Of Solar And Led Light Products In Pune | Arham Electronics A
Author: Arham Electronics and Electricals
10. Jewar Airport To Boost Greater Noida's Real Estate Market And The Hemisphere Is Poised To Take Off!
Author: The Hemisphere
11. Les Rendements De Modèle à Partir Des Racks
12. Type And Application Of High Strength Api Steel Pipe
Author: threeway steel
13. How Diabetes Damages Your Health
Author: Sushruth Ayurved
14. Top Five Summer Rentals In Westhampton Beach
Author: Jennier Clark
15. Warranty And Service Contract Management Solution Software
Author: Shophia Pena