ALL >> General >> View Article
How To Grow Strawberry Plants In Your Garden?
Total Articles: 3
Strawberries are among the most beautiful and delicious fruits popularly known for its alluring color, flavor and texture. This delicious fruit is used to prepare a range of food products such as ice-creams, cakes, tarts, jellies and jams. Most people prefer to grow strawberry plants in their home garden to experience the sheer joy of tasting the delicious ripe berries. However, there are some important factors to consider before planting strawberries in the garden.
Some Useful Tips
Perfect site: Choosing the perfect site to plant these berries is quite important as these plants bloom well in places with ample amount of sunlight. It needs six hours of sunlight every day on an average. The soil must be well drained with a good air circulation for these plants to grow well. It is also important to free the soil from weeds. As it requires a good amount of water, it should be planted in areas where it can be watered easily. Nourishing the soil well before planting these berries is equally important.
Prefect soil: Another important factor to consider is the quality of the soil before planting the berries. Although it grows well in various types of soils, sandy and well-drained soil is quite ideal for the growth of strawberries. The PH level of the soil needs to be tested and the range should be in between 5.5 to 6.5. The quality of the soil can be enhanced by adding the required amount of fertilizers.
Perfect plant: Although there are numerous varieties of strawberry plants, it is broadly classified into three different types which include the Day Neutrals, June Bearing and Ever Bearing. June Bearing strawberries are large in size and can be picked in the middle or late June. It is the sweetest strawberries grown and it tends to be large and plump. The Day Neutral and the Ever Bearing strawberries are relatively smaller and it yields fruits throughout the year. These berries are quite ideal for smaller gardens as it produces lesser runners.
Planting: Strawberries should be planted appropriately by digging out enough soil to hold the roots perfectly. It is essential to leave ample space in between the plants as these berries tend to produce runners. There should be enough space for the plants to grow and thrive.
To harvest good and delicious berries, it is pertinent to protect the plants from harsh winters. One of the best ways to protect the berries from the harsh winters is to cover it with organic mulch. Deflower the plants during the first year of harvest so as to strengthen the stem and the root of the plants. Watering the plants regularly and removing the weeds are equally important to maintain the healthy growth of berries.
We send the highest quality bare root strawberry plants right to your door step. This variety will give you growing strawberries plants all year long and will survive the winter and come back strong the next year.
General Articles1. Netgear Aircard 800s Vs Aircard 810s
2. Pest Control Experts: Now Is The Time To Get Rid Of Hatching Mosquitoes
Author: Solutions Pune
3. Top Four Native Advertising Spying Tools
4. Web To Print: Are You Paying For The Right Software?
Author: web-to-print store,
5. When Should You See A Fertility Consultant?
Author: Genome-ivf cenre in raipur
6. How To Change Your Address When Shifting Your Home With Packers Movers Chennai
7. Bone Grafts And Substitutes Market Analysis 2018–current And Future Plans
Author: jayvir singh
8. Quicbooks Payroll Support
9. Commercial Avionics Market Demand Is Increasing In Most Part Of World 2025
Author: jayvir singh
10. Private Label Herbal Supplements Market - Global Trends, Market Share, Industry Size, Growth, Opport
Author: jayvir singh
11. Happy Mother's Day
Author: Shahbaj Alam Mondal
12. The Benefits Of Investing In Roll Off Dumpster Rental In Burlington
Author: Sam Holt
13. Color Of The Year: Green@mimo.su
14. Accounting And Its Place In Business
15. Explore Your Business Reach With Construction Industry Email List From Demandsteer