ALL » General >> View Article
How To Grow Strawberry Plants In Your Garden?By Expert Author: Tim Breasnan
Strawberries are among the most beautiful and delicious fruits popularly known for its alluring color, flavor and texture. This delicious fruit is used to prepare a range of food products such as ice-creams, cakes, tarts, jellies and jams. Most people prefer to grow strawberry plants in their home garden to experience the sheer joy of tasting the delicious ripe berries. However, there are some important factors to consider before planting strawberries in the garden.
Some Useful Tips
Perfect site: Choosing the perfect site to plant these berries is quite important as these plants bloom well in places with ample amount of sunlight. It needs six hours of sunlight every day on an average. The soil must be well drained with a good air circulation for these plants to grow well. It is also important to free the soil from weeds. As it requires a good amount of water, it should be planted in areas where it can be watered easily. Nourishing the soil well before planting these berries is equally important.
Prefect soil: Another important factor to consider is the quality of the soil before planting the berries. Although it grows well in various types of soils, sandy and well-drained soil is quite ideal for the growth of strawberries. The PH level of the soil needs to be tested and the range should be in between 5.5 to 6.5. The quality of the soil can be enhanced by adding the required amount of fertilizers.
Perfect plant: Although there are numerous varieties of strawberry plants, it is broadly classified into three different types which include the Day Neutrals, June Bearing and Ever Bearing. June Bearing strawberries are large in size and can be picked in the middle or late June. It is the sweetest strawberries grown and it tends to be large and plump. The Day Neutral and the Ever Bearing strawberries are relatively smaller and it yields fruits throughout the year. These berries are quite ideal for smaller gardens as it produces lesser runners.
Planting: Strawberries should be planted appropriately by digging out enough soil to hold the roots perfectly. It is essential to leave ample space in between the plants as these berries tend to produce runners. There should be enough space for the plants to grow and thrive.
To harvest good and delicious berries, it is pertinent to protect the plants from harsh winters. One of the best ways to protect the berries from the harsh winters is to cover it with organic mulch. Deflower the plants during the first year of harvest so as to strengthen the stem and the root of the plants. Watering the plants regularly and removing the weeds are equally important to maintain the healthy growth of berries.
We send the highest quality bare root strawberry plants right to your door step. This variety will give you growing strawberries plants all year long and will survive the winter and come back strong the next year.
General Articles1. Scop Of Mca And Best Mca College In Siliguri Darjeeling
Author: Mukesh Maheshwari
2. Consider The Points In Selection Of The Kitchen Accessories
Author: Swati Chaudhary
3. Small Business Growth Alliance Helps Business Owners Bring Back Customers
Author: 1888 PressRelease
4. Buy Your Favorite Designer Jewellery Online
5. Water Damage-cracked Screen-battery Repair Or Replacement
Author: UK Wide Repair
6. Samsung Repair Centre London With Warranty
Author: samsung repairer
7. Make Your Christmas Festival Unforgettable With Amazing Gifts
Author: Payal sharma
8. Leadership Development Training To Improve Skills And Personality
Author: Sakshi tyagi
9. How To Understanding The Central Auditory Processing Disorder
10. Iphone Repair Manchester | Hardware And Software Fault Repair
Author: Manchester Phone Repair
11. How Produktionsbolag Bring Awareness Towards Motion Picture
12. Literele Alfabetului Romān: A Ă Ā B C D E F G H I Ī J K L M N O P Q R S Ş T Ţ U V W X
Author: Gina Malot
13. Quality Assurance-: Test Minutely Before Delivering
Author: test minutely before delivering
14. Der Männlichen Submissive-alles Von Dessous Bis Abendkleider
15. Laptop Repair Preston | Hardware Faults And Software Issues
Author: Tablet Repair