ALL >> Health >> View Article
Health Risks And Side Effects Of AbortionBy Expert Author: James Pen
An induced abortion is a common medical procedure for ending an unwanted pregnancy. Like all other medical procedures, a medical or surgical abortion carries health risks and potential side-effects. These risks may vary from women to women depending on their health conditions. Before you decide to undergo abortion, you need to take a look at various factors. Second trimester abortions are performed in the later stages and carry more risk. Abortion statistics show that the number has only been going up down the years. However, we need to understand the complexities abortion brings with it and why we need to be careful before we take the decision of abortion.
Risks of surgical abortions and what you should know
Immediate side effects of surgical abortion are:
• Pain or cramping
• Reaction to anesthetic
• Death: This is in very rare case. The chances of death are too low when abortion procedure is performed by a qualified medical professional in the first trimester.
Short term problems- post abortion
Heavy bleeding: 1-2% of women have serious bleeding after abortion process.
Infection: Serious infection can occur in 3% of women. This can lead to illness and infertility. Physicians prescribe antibiotics to prevent infections after the abortion procedures.
Puncture of the uterus: This is a rare complication, but requires a surgical repair and can be life threatening too.
Retained tissues: If any part like placenta, amniotic sac or part of the fetus is left inside the uterus, serious infection can occur.
Sterility: Permanent impairment to fertility may occur due to serious bleeding, infection or damage to the uterus.
Immediate side effects of medical abortion risks are same as surgical abortion risks. The only other side effect a woman can experience after undergoing a medical abortion is an allergy to drugs. If women have allergic tendencies to the drugs used in the abortion process, then such women can have severe reactions.
Long term risks: Post- abortion
Fertility in future
The increased risk of pre-term birth after first-trimester abortion has been proved. Increased risk of miscarriage, low birth weight or preterm has been reported from women undergoing second-trimester abortions.
Emotional and Psychological
Some women feel guilty or anger and others feel relief soon after the abortion. Even though it is officially not recognized as a psychiatric disorder, or mental ill health, women may have long term emotional problem following an abortion. Women with a history of clinical depression, other mental difficulties can have further complications.
Medical Abortion Services. Please Visit our website for more information: http://www.womenscenter.com/medical_chemical_abortion.html
Health Articles1. Abortion Clinics Contingencies That You Need To Know!
Author: Kumar Swaminathan
2. The Berkeley Acupuncture Clinic – All You Need To Know About Acupuncture
Author: Bina Jangda
3. Braces In Calhoun
Author: James mercer
4. Remote-controlled Sensual Toys For Long Distance Love
Author: John Dugan
5. Newly Approved Study Tells Stem Cell Research & Therapy Works For Autism
Author: Nupur Jha
6. Weight Loss Pills - An Easy And Proven Way To Lose Weight
Author: Karanveer Rawat
7. How Restorative Dentistry Has Transformed People’s Lives?
Author: Ean Landen
8. How Are You Trying To Find The Best Cosmetic Dentist In Scottsdale, Az?
Author: Ellen Clarke
9. Can Aspirin Help In The Fight Against Pancreatic Cancer?
10. Herbal Supplements To Improve Testosterone And Male Stamina Safely
Author: Michael Jayden
11. Get To Know About Seven Unexpected Health Benefits Of Aromatherapy
Author: Manisha Nigam
12. These Sensual Mistakes Compromise Male Organ Health
Author: John Dugan
13. 4 Teeth Whitening Tips For A Whiter Smile
Author: Vikas Gowd
14. Ayurvedic Weight Loss Treatment To Burn Excess Body Fat Effectively
Author: Mitul Ranawat
15. Ayurvedic Treatment To Gain Weight And Increase Muscle Mass Safely
Author: Mitul Ranawat