ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Choose Asphalt Roofing Shingles For Your Home Call Haverhill, Ma Roofing ContractorsBy Expert Author: Sarai Loftis
Asphalt shingles are the most commonly used type of roofing in American homes because of the advantages that they bring for the homeowner in terms of cost and quality. If you’re thinking of giving a reliable Haverhill, MA roofing contractor a call to have a new roof installed for your home, the asphalt roofing shingle is sure to be an easily available option.
Cost is, of course, top priority for most homeowners when it comes to getting some work done on their home. Replacing or installing a new roof may be costly, which is why you’ll want to get the best option that’s still within your price range. You shouldn't sacrifice quality for cost, however, and choosing asphalt shingles will be the best of both worlds; asphalt shingles not only guarantee great quality–they also won’t leave a huge dent in your pocket.
The two types of asphalt shingles are three-tab and laminated shingles. Three-tab shingles are flat shingles with edges that are cut out and designed to look as though they are comprised of three separate pieces or 'tabs'. The laminated shingles, meanwhile, are composed of two or more asphalt layers that create a three-dimensional look.
Shingles are typically available in a variety of colors and styles from which you can choose. Laminated shingles, in particular, are a popular choice because they can be made to imitate the look of other materials such as slate or wood without homeowners having to spend money on these more expensive shingles.
Maintenance and Durability
Asphalt shingles are composed of asphalt layers embedded with ceramic granules, which attribute to their durability; the ceramic, for instance, provides UV ray protection, and the layers of the laminated shingles offer effective wind resistance and better insulation. Furthermore, asphalt shingles are considered by many contractors to be relatively easy to maintain and repair. Aside from these, asphalt shingles can last for 15-30 years, which makes them a definite steal.
Outside of Lawrence, MA, there are also several reliable roofing contractors who offer quality work for fair prices; established contractors who repair and install roofing in Lawrence , for instance, can assure you that your asphalt roofing shingles are professionally installed. For more information on asphalt roofing, you may visit bobvila.com/articles/1790-asphalt-shingles-101/.
Home and Garden Articles1. Should I Replace My Entry Door?
Author: Mary Morris
2. Best Range Of Gas Cook Tops
3. Slab Leak Repair In The Easiest And Most Efficient Way
4. Top Reasons To Opt For Professional Window Glass Replacement In Chicago
Author: Russell Rabin
5. Pool Remodeling- Getting A New And Wonderful Pool For Your Home In Charleston
Author: David Smith
6. Everything You Should Know About Services In End Of Lease Cleaning
Author: Karanveer Rawat
7. Steps To Take Before You Buy A Mowing Franchise: Businesses For Sale
Author: Phil Maunder
8. Classic Design Of Venetian Blinds Giving Flexible Control Of Light And Privacy
Author: Joseph Zammit
9. The Biggest Home Furnishing Trends Of 2017 That Will Rule Your Home
Author: Nupur Tiwari
10. Architecture Design Ideas That Influence Modern Lifestyles
Author: Saloni Sharma
11. Waterproofing Of Timber Structures
Author: Matthew Lavitov
12. Top Small Business Opportunities In Australia
Author: karanveer rawat
13. A Special Guide To Buy The Solid Oak Furniture Of Best Quality
Author: Alain Murphy
14. How To Keep Your Ceramic Tile Floor Clean & Attractive
Author: Mike Aurtho
15. How Services Related To Water Damage Repair Are Helpful For Homes
Author: Lionale Donald