ALL >> Computers >> View Article
Tackling Social Engineering With Professional Assistance
Total Articles: 3
Issues concerning social engineering are everywhere. Every computer owner, be it a business entrepreneur or a layperson, faces the threat of their machines getting hacked. Also known as human hacking, it is a procedure that allows a person to hack into someone else’s computer and manipulate the existing data. More often than not, they use different software solutions that make the entire procedure simple. As a concerned individual, you can take active measures to avoid being conned into revealing personal information. A number of companies offer security awareness training to all customers. By getting acclimatized to the same, you can train yourself or your employees to successfully resolve security related threats.
Spear phishing has become a common occurrence, with many people reporting their online accounts being accessed by unknown individuals. In the process, a number of bogus emails are sent, but comprising of minor changes to make them appear authentic. They request personal information, which if entered, gives identity thieves a way to determine the banks to which their potential victims are linked with. This results in further exploitation of personnel working at the top hierarchy with a certain organization. The strategy behind social engineering is targeting one person at a time, rather than sending emails to hundreds and thousands of individuals at one go.
Being knowledgeable about phishing security gives service providers the liberty to help their customers in every possible manner. They constantly upgrade their security measures making them user-friendly and effective. Phish-prone individuals are constantly on the lookout for professional assistance to help them get rid of unwanted break-ins into their online accounts. Companies providing support in this niche have a team of experienced software engineers constantly developing new software solutions to assist their clients. The servers used by them are hardened Linux machines, where the databases are backed up on a daily basis. One of the reasons that make them successful against social engineering is that they do not store passwords in plain text. Instead, they use a 10x encrypted hash mechanism, where passwords cannot be retrieved even if someone wants to.
It is a known fact that phishing tests comprise of standard email and web protocols and do not include any kind of actual malware. Since the professionals are familiar with such a scenario, they guarantee that the phishing tests conducted by them will not introduce any complexities in your system. The resources used by them are exclusively focused on PCI compliance, which is a complex topic that affects millions of businesses around the world.
It is important for you to know that fighting against malicious cyber attack is a multi-layer approach. Having the email gateway spam filter in your exchange server can help you a great deal. Other tactics that can be used to tackle social engineering include the likes of not having a list of email addresses of all employees on your website and regularly scanning the Internet for exposed email addresses. It can also be wise to spread a word about not disclosing account details on social media sites, as they are very vulnerable to security attacks.
Computers Articles1. Give A Good Kick Start To Your Busy Day With 3d Printers Machine
2. Codefire Coming Up With Beneficial Mobile App Development Services
Author: Amitesh Kumar
3. Microsoft Products Are Compatible With Windows Operating Systems As Well Mac
Author: Robin Ponting
4. Laptop Screen Repair Centre Glasgow – Laptop Repairer
Author: laptop screen repair glasgow,
5. Manage Project Efficiently With Online Project Management Tools
6. Create Your Smart Address On Map Directions Google To Simply Finding Your Address
7. Improving Cyber Security: Are You Going For The Best?
Author: Megan Darcy
8. Data, Data Everywhere: How Machine Learning Tools Capture The Most Valuable Insights From Your Massi
Author: Bob Kramich
9. Reshape Your Beauty With Online Portrait Retouch Services
10. Take Care Of Your Teeth - It Is More Valuable Than A Diamond
11. Follow Pink Mirror For A Better Version Of Yourself
12. Some Of The Effective Ways How To Make Whiten Teeth Naturally
13. Use Retouch Apps To Reduce Face Size And Look Flawless
14. Get Best Online Photo Editor Tool For Retouching
15. Types Of Lips And What They Reveal About Your Personality