ALL >> Computers >> View Article
How To Reset Your Cisco 2960 Switch Password
Total Articles: 22
They say that you get what you pay for! In the case of the best-selling Cisco 2960 switch, a reliable enterprise-grade Ethernet switch with a lifetime warranty, the quality does come with a price. It makes sense for a buyer to look around for a used model.
When buying a used switch, you may face a problem if the seller has forgotten to reset his password. Luckily, recovering the password on this switch is straightforward. You can interrupt the boot sequence during the power-on, and then assign a new password.
However, if this functionality is disabled, you'll only be able to recover the password by agreeing to lose your old configuration: in that case, the system configuration will be restored to factory settings. The password recovery process on Cisco 2960 switches will differ depending on whether the password recovery is enabled or disabled.
On the other hand, you can very easily reset the password on your Cisco 2960 switch to default. Be aware that while rather uninvolved, the reset procedure reverts your switch back to its factory settings: all your settings will be wiped out, not only the old password! This procedure only works if you have physical access to the device. The auto setup should be disabled.
First, power off your Cisco 2960 switch by unplugging its cord. As you reconnect the switch to the power source, press and hold the "Mode" button. On Cisco 2960 switches, this button is located on the front of the switch, on the left hand side.
After three seconds, the LED above the button should change from amber to green and start blinking. You are supposed to hold down the button until the light stops flashing. Release the button.
Congratulations, you have just reset your Cisco 2960 switch! The password is now set back to factory defaults.
Obviously, you should only use this procedure if you don't care for the current configuration, because you'll lose your configuration in the process of password recovery! The old configuration will get renamed ".old".
This reset procedure can come in handy in those cases when you need to move a switch from one network to another, or when a configuration has become too complex, and you'd want a fresh start.
The default password for Cisco 2960 switches is "cisco", and the username is also "cisco".
Now that you've had successfully recovered your Cisco 2960 switch password, don't leave it as a default for too long. Hackers know these default passwords too, and may try to use them to access your device and change your network settings. To prevent the unauthorized access to your network, change the default password as soon as possible.
Article Source: http://ezinearticles.com/?How-To-Reset-Your-Cisco-2960-Switch-Password&id=8123449
Computers Articles1. Give A Good Kick Start To Your Busy Day With 3d Printers Machine
2. Codefire Coming Up With Beneficial Mobile App Development Services
Author: Amitesh Kumar
3. Microsoft Products Are Compatible With Windows Operating Systems As Well Mac
Author: Robin Ponting
4. Laptop Screen Repair Centre Glasgow – Laptop Repairer
Author: laptop screen repair glasgow,
5. Manage Project Efficiently With Online Project Management Tools
6. Create Your Smart Address On Map Directions Google To Simply Finding Your Address
7. Improving Cyber Security: Are You Going For The Best?
Author: Megan Darcy
8. Data, Data Everywhere: How Machine Learning Tools Capture The Most Valuable Insights From Your Massi
Author: Bob Kramich
9. Reshape Your Beauty With Online Portrait Retouch Services
10. Take Care Of Your Teeth - It Is More Valuable Than A Diamond
11. Follow Pink Mirror For A Better Version Of Yourself
12. Some Of The Effective Ways How To Make Whiten Teeth Naturally
13. Use Retouch Apps To Reduce Face Size And Look Flawless
14. Get Best Online Photo Editor Tool For Retouching
15. Types Of Lips And What They Reveal About Your Personality