ALL >> Business >> View Article
The Greatest Icon Alive
Total Articles: 1
One of the greatest icons alive is Nelson Mandela; he has inspired so many people. Actually if you ask majority of those who are below the age of forty years, who their role model is, or the person who inspires them the most, their answer will be uniform, the first president of free, post apartheid South Africa, Nelson Mandela. The great Icon has not only influenced those who want to venture into politics but also those who have interests in other areas. He is known to have changed South Africa and the world at large. He spent a long time in jail, precisely twenty seven years fighting for the rights of the South African, His freedom struggle has been admired by many, and his resilience is an inspiration to many who are struggling to change the human society.
He endured hard life in the prison and he did not give up when things became hard all because he wanted to see South Africa and the whole continent to be free. He sacrificed his life for the sake of his country, what is more patriotic than this. He would have chosen to give up and do what those who were in the government wanted betray his people but he chose to stick to the plan until such a time when his country was equal, until such a time when the whites and black people were treated equally. He is heard saying in so many occasions that he drew his inspiration from what was happening in United States of America, when the African American were fighting for their rights, led by Martin Luther king and other great people. They were determined to see to it that they were free and treated in a similar manner as their counterparts, the white people.
This came to pass, and with time the struggle paid off, with the rights of the minority being recognized. South Africa was a bit different, the struggle was taking long to end, and those who were oppressing others were the minority. The Africans wanted to be free from the yoke of colonialism, they wanted to gain independence and have equal rights with the whites; they were tired of living as third class citizens, where basic rights any human being is supposed to enjoy were denied. Nelson Mandela, put his life on the line to see to it that his people gained the independence. He sacrificed his life, family and so many other things that he could have enjoy as a free man for the sake of human welfare. Later we are to see other people like Bebo Kobo, although he was is not a politician, he had made great contribution towards improvement of people welfare. Bebo Kobo will go down in history as a person who has inspired many entrepreneurs in the world and in particular South Africa where he has established one of his businesses.
Business Articles1. One Of The Best Kitchen Equipment Manufacturers
Author: Paul Wright
2. Advantages Of Getting Listed In Online Construction Directory
Author: John Smith
3. How Radiologist Email Lists From Healthcare Mailing Change Your Business Perception?
Author: Richard Braxon
4. Choose Yourself As A Yoga Teacher With The Help Of Adinath Ashram
Author: Jack Stevens
5. Best Service Provider For Life Time Events In Pune
Author: biz porto
6. Crimping Your Own Earrings
Author: Nitesh Pathak
7. An Overview Of Surface And Chemical Analysis
Author: Tan Sean
8. Prorack Roof-racks Install With Smart-foot Technology
Author: Tony Bulic
9. Siib: The Changing Face Of Business Education In India
Author: Mohan Kumar
10. Things To Know About Coworking Spaces
11. Things To Consider Before Opting For A Mailbox Rental
12. Different Types Of Advertisement Print Products
13. Advantages Of Hiring Professionals For Printing
14. Data Cabling Through Wire Mesh Cable Tray
Author: Noah Gabriel
15. Pretreatment And Grit Removal From Sewage Water To Repurpose It
Author: Manoj Shukla