ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Don't Let Potholes Puncture Spring Fun
Total Articles: 312
Many of us eagerly await the arrival of spring every year. But once the spring showers wash away what's left of winter, often we are left dodging potholes on the roads.
Potholes form as pavement ages and weathers. The pavement eventually begins to lose its ability to resist water, and small cracks start to appear. As water works its way down into the cracks and expands as it freezes, it pushes up on the pavement. The weight of Cars and Trucks can break up this uneven pavement, creating a pothole.
Hitting a pothole can easily ruin your beautiful spring day, not to mention your tires or wheels. The sharp impact caused by hitting a pothole can cause immediate tire or wheel failure. Or, internal damage could eventually lead to tire failure weeks or months later. Despite the dangers of potholes, there are measures you can take:
* Start with proper tire inflation. Keeping your tires properly inflated will help reduce damage from potholes and other road hazards.
* Check the tread on your tires, because uneven wear can be a sign of misalignment. Hitting potholes can affect your vehicle's alignment. If you feel your car "pulling" to one side during driving, that's a sign that you could have a problem. Have your Firestone Complete Auto Care service professional make sure your wheels and tires are properly aligned and balanced.
* If you can't avoid hitting a pothole, do not brake during the impact. Instead, try to apply brakes before hitting and release them just prior to impact. Braking during the impact sets up the tire and wheel assembly for a "solid hit" against the edge of the hole. Severe damage can be better avoided when a tire is rolling, rather than skidding, over a hole during braking.
Just as you undertake spring cleaning to get your house in order, take advantage of the warmer weather to make sure your tires and vehicle are also in the best possible condition. Properly maintaining your tires includes proper rotation, inflation, repair and replacement.
Remember to check your tire pressure at least once a month and be sure to rotate your tires according to recommendations in your owner's manual. Following these simple maintenance tips can help you avoid the pitfalls of wet driving conditions or dreaded potholes.
Chevrolet Dealerships In Houston
Chevrolet Tahoe Houston
Automobiles Articles1. The Real Reason We Need To Stop Trying Too Hard In Car Servicing And Repair
Author: James Elston
2. Now Is The Time For You To Know The Truth About Car Valeting
Author: Rhys Gibson
3. Modify A Chopper Using Custom Made Parts Which Are Now Available Online
Author: Levi Fysh
4. How To Acquire A Higher Loan-to-value Percentage On Your Auto Loan?
Author: jeffery reynold
5. Lightweight Folding Bike – It’s The Best Travel Bike Out There!
Author: Paul Pinigis
6. What Sort Of Things You Need To Consider During A Long Drive?
Author: My Tyre Point
7. Effective On Roadside Assistance For Car Lockouts In Raleigh, Nc
Author: Jasin Walva
8. Gps Vehicle Tracking System Unit Manufacturer In Pune-india|nuevas Technologies Pvt Ltd
9. Gps Vehicle Tracking System Dealer In Pune-india| Nuevas Technologies Pvt Ltd
10. Vehicle Tracking System Dealer In Pune- India| Nuevas Technologies Pvt Ltd
11. Gps Vehicle Tracking System Manufacture In Pune| Nuevas Technologies Pvt Ltd
12. Gps Vehicle Tracking Server-pune-india|nuevas Technologies Pvt Ltd
13. Vehicle Tracking System Manufacturer In Pune-india| Nuevas Technologies Pvt Ltd
14. Vehicle Tracking Server-pune-india| Nuevas Technologies Pvt Ltd
15. Gps And Gsm Vehicle Tracking System| Nuevas Technologies Pvt Ltd